***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Alabama***

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
We really should just go ahead and get behind big early and get it over with. Then throw Kitna and the scout team out there for the duration. No sense in risking getting others hurt in a meaningless game.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We are just going to come out like Kiffy vs Creyer and run run run the clock out from the beginning. Full surrender and just hope they dont score fast.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
you know, moving some of our wide receivers over wouldn't be the worst idea. They are mostly 230 pounds and seem to be the only people who know where the weight room is.
It's funny you say that. Despite reports of him losing weight, Shorter does look like he's put on 20lbs this off season and was supposedly a good linebacker in hs.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
We are just going to come out like Kiffy vs Creyer and run run run the clock out from the beginning. Full surrender and just hope they dont score fast.
If Richardson is gonna only get a handful of snaps then running the clock out to make the score look better is the best we can hope for.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
It's funny you say that. Despite reports of him losing weight, Shorter does look like he's put on 20lbs this off season and was supposedly a good linebacker in hs.

They should give him a look then b/c he sux as a WR.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If Richardson is gonna only get a handful of snaps then running the clock out to make the score look better is the best we can hope for.
Richardson isnt changing anything. One player never does.

Dan wrote this chapter of the bookmthree years ago when he was vacationing instead of recruiting.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Shorter is a good tackler. There’s been several times in the first two games where I’ve thought ‘good tackle #4’ on special teams and then go ‘oh yeah, that’s Shorter’. :lol:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Richardson isnt changing anything. One player never does.

Dan wrote this chapter of the bookmthree years ago when he was vacationing instead of recruiting.
I'm gonna have to disagree with you here. Only one player never changes anything unless we're talking qb. I'm not sure what Richardson is yet but he looks like he could be special. A special qb can tip the scales . If AR is the freak I think he could be then the game could get interesting. I don't think I've ever seen a specimen like this freakin kid.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm gonna have to disagree with you here. Only one player never changes anything unless we're talking qb. I'm not sure what Richardson is yet but he looks like he could be special. A special qb can tip the scales . If AR is the freak I think he could be then the game could get interesting. I don't think I've ever seen a specimen like this freakin kid.
This is what the fuchstard who dont know anything about football always think.

How many NCs did Joe Montana, Payton Manning, Tom Brady, Dak, Trash even, and most other "game changing " QBs win. Some of those guys (Manning) even had a top 5 roster.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
This is what the fuchstard who dont know anything about football always think.

How many NCs did Joe Montana, Payton Manning, Tom Brady, Dak, Trash even, and most other "game changing " QBs win. Some of those guys (Manning) even had a top 5 roster.

Well luckily we're not talking about winning the national championship. We're talking about one game. And with a special qb , you're a threat to win any given game. For example, look at Trask. Outside of the OU game, we were competitive in every single game. Despite not having a roster as talented as OSU we were way more competitive against bama because Trask was a game changer. Vs LSU and Joe Burrow we was in it down to the wire despite them not even having to punt.

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
We lost to them by 6 last year in a shootout. They aren't the same team either. As long as we field a team, we have a chance.
Revisionist history is a crazy thing. We ended up losing by 6 last year, but it was no shootout. A shootout implies both teams going up and down the field trading leads. We trailed by double digits most of the game and never took the lead. We were down 52-38 late in the 4th and scored a TD with 2 minutes left to cut it to 52-46. Bama then recovered the onside kick and ran out all but 7 seconds of the clock. Hardly a shootout.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Revisionist history is a crazy thing. We ended up losing by 6 last year, but it was no shootout. A shootout implies both teams going up and down the field trading leads. We trailed by double digits most of the game and never took the lead. We were down 52-38 late in the 4th and scored a TD with 2 minutes left to cut it to 52-46. Bama then recovered the onside kick and ran out all but 7 seconds of the clock. Hardly a shootout.
and Alabama took two and a half quarters off, while watching Dan Mullinz kill the clock.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
practice. we beat Satan, and I expect nothing less from my Gators, I want every person who ever disparaged CDM to write a real letter of abject apology and deliver it with a check for at least 1000 real US dollars to the UAA in person. Photos are required.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Dan Mullen was a piece of shtt last year, 10 years ago, and will be one next year. nothing will ever change.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Could you imagine moving Shorter to defense? Opposing offenses could walk past him without being touched

Shorter is a good tackler. There’s been several times in the first two games where I’ve thought ‘good tackle #4’ on special teams and then go ‘oh yeah, that’s Shorter’. :lol:

First punt...he made the tackle. Crenshaw boomed it, kicked it so far that the returner probably should have had more time than he did but as soon as he caught it and started up field Shorter was all over him.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
First punt...he made the tackle. Crenshaw boomed it, kicked it so far that the returner probably should have had more time than he did but as soon as he caught it and started up field Shorter was all over him.
I wasn't really kidding. he just doesn't have the skills to be a wide receiver. that doesn't mean he couldn't contribute in another way.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
You see so often coaches "turn off" the offense when they are up big, go.to.orevent D, allow the ither team to.catch up, then not be able to "turn on" the offense again, especially the passing game.

It is a losers technique.

Dan uses it even before the game is close to being decided.

Rhythm is everything.

and Alabama took two and a half quarters off, while watching Dan Mullinz kill the clock.

2XO.gif

I wasn't really kidding. he just doesn't have the skills to be a wide receiver. that doesn't mean he couldn't contribute in another way.

Maybe if we can get AR on the field more we can start seeing if we got any other good receivers besides Copeland and Henderson.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe if we can get AR on the field more we can start seeing if we got any other good receivers besides Copeland and Henderson.
what is he had now? 6 catches for 12 yards? you think the SEC cornerbacks are going to suck more than the FAU and USF ones? He couldnt manage to make even one of them miss him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.