***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Alabama***

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
AR will never transfer. He will compete. It’s taking longer than it should but he will eventually be the starter and won’t look back. We’ve seen this movie before.
Auburn_Not_Guilty_medium.gif

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
No...you spent an entire offseason reading about how great our offense was but squandered away by the horrible defensive coaching and how horrible and lazy our coaches are at recruiting. Well, here we are again, losing because our defensive coaching and lack of recruiting and here you are again talking about how great we are after a loss.

No you can’t find that post. But there plenty from others stating we “should” go 11-1 because they apparently believe we are that good.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That girl with her face in Douchebag Dan's lap, is she the cupcake coordinator of recruiting affairs who came with Mullen? Or does she only blow baseball coaches?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
No you can’t find that post. But there plenty from others stating we “should” go 11-1 because they apparently believe we are that good.

More a combination of the schedule is that bad and we are are good... But notice you said good and I said good... Neither of us said great or elite.... because even watching that well played game against an overrated Bama team, we all know an elite/great team wins that game. Great/excellent/elite coaching wins that game. But we didn't.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
I gotta say, my visit to the Swamp was incredible. Most of the fans were very gracious (there were some over near the Bama section who, along with some of the Bama fans tried starting some trouble though to be honest it could have been the Bama fans that started it, not sure. However, the flying water bottle DID come from the Gator fans.) Anyways, getting to see a game in the Swamp was really enjoyable and an experience that I would love to experience again. The game was very exciting for both fan bases (although for the Gators the good excitement didn't start until the 2nd quarter) and honestly, it was a game where you really hate that there has to be a winning team and a losing team. Both teams fought hard. The Gator's OLine kicked the Bama defense's rear end from the 2nd quarter on. They had a great game plan against Bama and executed it quite well. Our defense was exhausted after the game. I'm sure the Gators were as well. Both teams left it all on the field IMO.

Great game. Great environment. Great fans (for both teams). Great weekend. I would congratulate you guys because it definitely does look like your team is definitely improving. Hope y'all continue to do so...

Roll Tide and Go Gators...

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018

Bullchit. Thats all anyone has been saying about last season. It was a complete failure by our coaches to lose 4 games last season with the offense we had. Add in the unprofessional antics in pressers and the horrible attempt at recruiting with a recruiting violation as the cherry on top. I am not sure where you are reading anything different but I am going to make the assumption that you are confusing what you have read on swampgas from the idiots there with here.

Here are the facts. This is year 4 of the Mullen era. This is his team and he has the coaches he wants. He said Grantham is one of the best DCs in the country. Our recruiting of high school talent is subpar and its becoming quite clear it won't get any better even when the facility is finished. Mullen isn't this great coach who takes inferior talent and beats teams with more talent; his record against teams with more talent speaks for itself. We played a great game on Saturday against an overrated Bama team yet we lost because of one of the so called greatest DCs in the country. We are now 2-1 and the defense is giving up lots of yards. I think we are somewhere around 10th in the SEC in giving up yards and that is counting games against USF and FAU. Enjoy the 2 point loss but I really don't see much of anything has really changed yet. Mullen has done a good job in the portal, good enough to be competitive this year, but it really isn't trending any differently like you think it is. There are no more excuses for Mullen to hide behind.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Bullchit. Thats all anyone has been saying about last season. It was a complete failure by our coaches to lose 4 games last season with the offense we had. Add in the unprofessional antics in pressers and the horrible attempt at recruiting with a recruiting violation as the cherry on top. I am not sure where you are reading anything different but I am going to make the assumption that you are confusing what you have read on swampgas from the idiots there with here.

Here are the facts. This is year 4 of the Mullen era. This is his team and he has the coaches he wants. He said Grantham is one of the best DCs in the country. Our recruiting of high school talent is subpar and its becoming quite clear it won't get any better even when the facility is finished. Mullen isn't this great coach who takes inferior talent and beats teams with more talent; his record against teams with more talent speaks for itself. We played a great game on Saturday against an overrated Bama team yet we lost because of one of the so called greatest DCs in the country. We are now 2-1 and the defense is giving up lots of yards. I think we are somewhere around 10th in the SEC in giving up yards and that is counting games against USF and FAU. Enjoy the 2 point loss but I really don't see much of anything has really changed yet. Mullen has done a good job in the portal, good enough to be competitive this year, but it really isn't trending any differently like you think it is. There are no more excuses for Mullen to hide behind.
Ohio state with all their talent, was not close to Bama.
UGA, with all their talent, was not close to Bama.

We do not have the recruits like the other schools have but we have played Bama closer than anyone else during their 17 game win streak.

I don't liking losing but we are not as far away as most Gator fans think we are. These are the kind of games we need to show Evan Stewart / Nolan that we are very close to winning a championship.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Ohio state with all their talent, was not close to Bama.
UGA, with all their talent, was not close to Bama.

We do not have the recruits like the other schools have but we have played Bama closer than anyone else during their 17 game win streak.

I don't liking losing but we are not as far away as most Gator fans think we are. These are the kind of games we need to show Evan Stewart / Nolan that we are very close to winning a championship.

8-4 is pretty far away when you stop and consider the talent we had last season. We lost again. There are no more excuses. I expect to see a bunch of commitments following this moral victory. Let me know when it starts.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
I'm in the "been there, done that, now prove me wrong" crowd at this point. The verkakte opening game plan on both sides of the ball resulted in a 21-3 deficit at the end of the 1st quarter. The shoddiness and ineptitude that marked the performance of the entire staff in preparing for the biggest game at Florida Field in years is deeply disappointing, but not surprising at all. The real shame though is that even after the coaches succeeded in digging a hole that deep, the team damn near fought its way to an epic comeback victory. The fact that they never gave up is laudable. The fact that they weren't forearmed and ready to compete, from jump, is just another instance of "same schytt, different day." It's always something with this staff/regime - big games that could have been won but weren't due to breakdowns and bone-headed decisions by the HC.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
I'm in the "been there, done that, now prove me wrong" crowd at this point. The verkakte opening game plan on both sides of the ball resulted in a 21-3 deficit at the end of the 1st quarter. The shoddiness and ineptitude that marked the performance of the entire staff in preparing for the biggest game at Florida Field in years is deeply disappointing, but not surprising at all. The real shame though is that even after the coaches succeeded in digging a hole that deep, the team damn near fought its way to an epic comeback victory. The fact that they never gave up is laudable. The fact that they weren't forearmed and ready to compete, from jump, is just another instance of "same schytt, different day." It's always something with this staff/regime - big games that could have been won but weren't due to breakdowns and bone-headed decisions by the HC.
I have thought since the game ended that I was very happy that UF didn't come out playing at the first of the game like they did from the 2nd quarter on. Had they done so the Gators would have won handily IMO. Not saying this was the case but...I felt like Saban got to the 21-3 lead and thought that should be enough so just coast the rest of the way. Once UF started man-handling the LOS we weren't able to regain the momentum we started out with. It turned out to be a great game in the end (though that is just my perspective) but I will definitely be a lot more concerned about playing y'all if we both meet in the SECCG.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015

Well hell….I agree with every word of this post with the exception of:

(1) SwampGas: I have never read it. I barely have time to keep up on this board.
(2) I didn’t enjoy a loss. I enjoyed a Gator football game. Immensely. Couldn’t make it to the game or to my favorite Gator bar so threw a party. Great time.
(3). I’ve never stated we are “trending” in any way. I’ve said we played better than most thought we were capable of.
(4). I disagree with the new narrative that we that we are so talented we should absolutely go 11-1. I heard all summer how many negatives this team has in experience, size talent, skills, recruiting etc. Rather than the we suck mantra the new narrative is we apparently are one of one of the best teams in football. Quite a leap.

Because I believe so much of your post I can see your main issue is you believe I am a fan of Mullen. Of course when he was hired I made my views on that hire and his subsequent ones crystal clear. The difference I have not posted the identical post every single day since.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Well hell….I agree with every word of this post with the exception of:

(1) SwampGas: I have never read it. I barely have time to keep up on this board.
(2) I didn’t enjoy a loss. I enjoyed a Gator football game. Immensely. Couldn’t make it to the game or to my favorite Gator bar so threw a party. Great time.
(3). I’ve never stated we are “trending” in any way. I’ve said we played better than most thought we were capable of.
(4). I disagree with the new narrative that we that we are so talented we should absolutely go 11-1. I heard all summer how many negatives this team has in experience, size talent, skills, recruiting etc. Rather than the we suck mantra the new narrative is we apparently are one of one of the best teams in football. Quite a leap.

Because I believe so much of your post I can see your main issue is you believe I am a fan of Mullen. Of course when he was hired I made my views on that hire and his subsequent ones crystal clear. The difference I have not posted the identical post every single day since.

Good lord you are dumb. We were told we sucked not that we were really, really good. Thousands of posts said we sucked. Now you want to say we are actually really good. So good we should go 11-1. So talented we should go 11-1. We won’t but we should because we are so talented. Little different from the summer of “we suck”. It sounds to me like you are saying our football team is actually one of the best in college football but just won’t win.

Look at you. Its only week 3 and you are already trying cushion whats coming. You are the one that brought up the whole 11-1 narrative.

This is year 4 for Mullen. There are no more excuses for him or all you apologists. Its time to put up or shut up. And after a loss, well...shut up.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Just so we're clear....FSUs close loss to ND made them look "so promising", but our close lose to the number 1 team in the nation means we are mediocre at best.

Well if you are as wrong about UF as you were about FSU.....we're gonna do great things this year :grin:

:lol:
context little fella. Fsu scored alot against ND and almost won. At the time (with no previous game tape on this year's team) ND was top 10 ranked and we're pushed to the brink. It looked at that point that fsu was far improved from last year's disaster. Looks different now with some plays on tape, but at the time it didn't.

More context. We played what now looks like a much better Bama team last year with our best offense in 13 years and still lost, and lost 3 other times as well, including a disastrous lsu at home. So I don't see a lot of notable improvement and also see a very similar result against the same benchmark.

For that reason I essentially expect similar overall results. Considering the individual results are the same so far, believing the longer terms ones will be similar isn't exactly a stretch...

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Look at you. Its only week 3 and you are already trying cushion whats coming. You are the one that brought up the whole 11-1 narrative.

This is year 4 for Mullen. There are no more excuses for him or all you apologists. Its time to put up or shut up. And after a loss, well...shut up.

Lol. I’ve never once predicted 11-1. It’s just reading comprehension. This board suddenly switched the narrative and began claiming their was no excuse for not running the table. Apparently the narrative flipped from “we suck” to “we should not lose another game”. Of course the set up was now this team was suddenly so talented only Mullen could screw it up. So my question is? Do we suck or are we actually so good that we would win out were it not for Mullin?

Your cornered. Either you really believe we suck. This is the bad team we read about. Or you really believe we are very, very good only hampered by DM. Checkmate.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Lol. I’ve never once predicted 11-1. It’s just reading comprehension. This board suddenly switched the narrative and began claiming their was no excuse for not running the table. Apparently the narrative flipped from “we suck” to “we should not lose another game”. Of course the set up was now this team was suddenly so talented only Mullen could screw it up. So my question is? Do we suck or are we actually so good that we would win out were it not for Mullin?

Your cornered. Either you really believe we suck. This is the bad team we read about. Or you really believe we are very, very good only hampered by DM. Checkmate.

You brought 11-1 up and tried to rub it in my face. You are the one who is having a hard time following your own argument. The point you was trying to make (which was wrong for the reasons I pointed out already) was that all you've heard is how much we suck and it would be a blow out loss but now that it wasn't then we are changing the argument to we should be 11-1. That was all you trying to project some silly argument on to me to divert the obvious of you trying to rub a 2 point moral victory loss in donk and his minion's face. So had it been a 15 or more loss you couldn't make the argument. Its getting really old and its becoming really obvious you are just confused. Why don't you go get a haircut and yell at some leathernecks since you got no rank here.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015

Lol. Nobody likes Mullen.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Lol. Nobody likes Mullen.

I dunno...I kinda like him. I was pumping back in 2019 but after last season he has sorta lost me. He has fallen on his sword for fathead Todd and that bothers me. His recruiting sucks. He kicked the can down the road for one season with his moves in the portal along the DL. Ive said it before and I still kinda think its true, with Mullen is seems we are always one year away from having a really bad down year and will never have a year where we have all the necessary parts.

But there are a lot of positives to him as well. Our offense is very well coached and its hard to deny that. There is some positives to keeping consistency in the coaching staff as well and maybe its going to pay off for him. I hope it does because it will be the best way for us to return to the program we should be: which is THE team in the East to beat. He has to recruit high school talent better and there is no getting around that.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
You brought 11-1 up and tried to rub it in my face. You are the one who is having a hard time following your own argument. The point you was trying to make (which was wrong for the reasons I pointed out already) was that all you've heard is how much we suck and it would be a blow out loss but now that it wasn't then we are changing the argument to we should be 11-1. That was all you trying to project some silly argument on to me to divert the obvious of you trying to rub a 2 point moral victory loss in donk and his minion's face. So had it been a 15 or more loss you couldn't make the argument. Its getting really old and its becoming really obvious you are just confused. Why don't you go get a haircut and yell at some leathernecks since you got no rank here.

Progress. Now just connect the dots and explain how we are supposedly so good we should win out. Beyond that I made a general comment at all who stated we “should win out”.
You then took over a discussion you didn’t even understand. You were locked into that I claimed 11-1. Lol.

Haircut? On my way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.