***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Alabama***

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Progress. Now just connect the dots and explain how we are supposedly so good we should win out. Beyond that I made a general comment at all who stated we “should win out”.
You then took over a discussion you didn’t even understand. You were locked into that I claimed 11-1. Lol.

Haircut? On my way.

Why dont you tell me how we are supposedly so good we should win out since you are the one that projected that argument on to me. I got us going 9-3 or 8-4 still. Your words your reasoning so keep me out of it.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Progress. Now just connect the dots and explain how we are supposedly so good we should win out. Beyond that I made a general comment at all who stated we “should win out”.
You then took over a discussion you didn’t even understand. You were locked into that I claimed 11-1. Lol.

Haircut? On my way.
To be fair to net, I don't think anyone including you know wtf you are talking about.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
I dunno...I kinda like him. I was pumping back in 2019 but after last season he has sorta lost me. He has fallen on his sword for fathead Todd and that bothers me. His recruiting sucks. He kicked the can down the road for one season with his moves in the portal along the DL. Ive said it before and I still kinda think its true, with Mullen is seems we are always one year away from having a really bad down year and will never have a year where we have all the necessary parts.

But there are a lot of positives to him as well. Our offense is very well coached and its hard to deny that. There is some positives to keeping consistency in the coaching staff as well and maybe its going to pay off for him. I hope it does because it will be the best way for us to return to the program we should be: which is THE team in the East to beat. He has to recruit high school talent better and there is no getting around that.

Neteng for all our arguing we have some very similar views. For the 2nd time today I agree with nearly every word.
I like Mullen in the sense he seems like a nice guy even if is is as Donk would say…. a bit of an oddball. Clearly he does some things effectively as a coach. But he tends to get locked into a philosophy although we have seen him change things some recently. He’s too loyal for a coach paid to win and doesn’t approach recruiting aggressively enough. His players really seem to like him and that should count for something.

Great post. I think we are best friends.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Neteng for all our arguing we have some very similar views. For the 2nd time today I agree with nearly every word.
I like Mullen in the sense he seems like a nice guy even if is is as Donk would say…. a bit of an oddball. Clearly he does some things effectively as a coach. But he tends to get locked into a philosophy although we have seen him change things some recently. He’s too loyal for a coach paid to win and doesn’t approach recruiting aggressively enough. His players really seem to like him and that should count for something.

Great post. I think we are best friends.

But we lost. We are 2-1 now and I still expect us to be 8-4 or 9-3 at the end of the regular season bound for another opt out ny6 bowl. A 2 pt loss to Bama is meaningless and no argument can be made with it. That is the point and why it is just stupid to come on here and try to rub people nose in it.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Why dont you tell me how we are supposedly so good we should win out since you are the one that projected that argument on to me. I got us going 9-3 or 8-4 still. Your words your reasoning so keep me out of it.

9-3 is dead on for me. I think those spouting 11-1 did it to set it up for another off season of bytching once DM blows a game we should have won.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
But we lost. We are 2-1 now and I still expect us to be 8-4 or 9-3 at the end of the regular season bound for another opt out ny6 bowl. A 2 pt loss to Bama is meaningless and no argument can be made with it. That is the point and why it is just stupid to come on here and try to rub people nose in it.
I would love to know which 2 or 3 teams that you think are likely to beat the Gators... :popcorn:

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015

There is literally nothing too stupid to discuss on here from my observations.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
I would love to know which 2 or 3 teams that you think are likely to beat the Gators... :popcorn:
You didn’t ask me but I’m on a roll today. Georgia is an obviously tough game and as many have pointed out we always seem to just blow one and I’m leaning towards either LSU or Missouri…..neither of which we should lose.

The huge unknown factor is AR15 and how much he gets on the field. The more he plays the better I feel of our chances.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
9-3 is dead on for me. I think those spouting 11-1 did it to set it up for another off season of bytching once DM blows a game we should have won.

That is meaningless. Another 9-3 season will just be validation that nothing will change with DM and what we got is what we got. If we do go 11-1 then I will be a Mullen pumper. But the fact is, Mullen is gambling with the portal. This year was going to be a horrible year but Mullen pulled a rabbit out of his hat with the portal additions to the DL. Next year is going to be the same and our 22 recruiting is not looking good at all. Nothing is trending up except this season.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018

I really am not sure if you guys will make it without some losses. Yall are not looking very bama like.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
That is meaningless. Another 9-3 season will just be validation that nothing will change with DM and what we got is what we got. If we do go 11-1 then I will be a Mullen pumper. But the fact is, Mullen is gambling with the portal. This year was going to be a horrible year but Mullen pulled a rabbit out of his hat with the portal additions to the DL. Next year is going to be the same and our 22 recruiting is not looking good at all. Nothing is trending up except this season.

Can’t disagree nor can I wait for Saturday. Damn I love me some Gator football!

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016

UGA has the overall talent edge, beyond a doubt. I'm certainly not conceding the UGA game by any means but the dwags will be tough. The others that concern me are LSU, Mizzou and KY. It's the SEC. We can afford to take nothing for granted - with the exception of Vanderbilt, of course. I personally "hope" for better (10-2?), but I would go with 9-3 if I were a betting man.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
I really am not sure if you guys will make it without some losses. Yall are not looking very bama like.
Please don't remind me... I WAS in the Swamp last Saturday...

Going into the game Saturday I was unsure as to how good or bad either Bama or the Gators were. Honestly, I am still unsure. Maybe we have slipped or maybe y'all have improved. Or maybe both... It will still take more games to make a better determination for me. I know that we lost a ton on offense and some pretty good players on defense so one can naturally expect to take a step back or few. Hopefully, this game against y'all will be a wakeup call for Bama and we can get back to playing dominating football on both sides of the LOS. I also hope the game motivates the Gators to continue working hard and improving as well. I just don't want a rematch against y'all... :fistbump:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Lol. Nobody likes Mullen.
I like him more than I ever thought I would. some of the time.

I hated him when he was the weak link on Meyer's staff.

if he would make some attempt to recruit, hire some decent staff and fire the fat dwag I could probably even like him.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Please don't remind me... I WAS in the Swamp last Saturday...

Going into the game Saturday I was unsure as to how good or bad either Bama or the Gators were. Honestly, I am still unsure. Maybe we have slipped or maybe y'all have improved. Or maybe both... It will still take more games to make a better determination for me. I know that we lost a ton on offense and some pretty good players on defense so one can naturally expect to take a step back or few. Hopefully, this game against y'all will be a wakeup call for Bama and we can get back to playing dominating football on both sides of the LOS. I also hope the game motivates the Gators to continue working hard and improving as well. I just don't want a rematch against y'all... :fistbump:

I think it is both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb