***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Ass Sniffers***

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
UGAy confirmed that two of their star DL will be out; and high likelihood that their junior inside LB will be out as well.

One of their starting safeties is out after the car accident; but they've said the other one (who went out injured) had a "chance to play."

We shouldn't underestimate the backups since they've recruited well, but that's a BIG boost for our chances.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It’s Trask*. And it’s time he deserves more respect from us the fans, and from the national media. The dude is outright balling, and yet he gets no mention or credit on ESPN as a legitimate heisman candidate? He’s played 4 games and has 18 TDs with only 2 picks to speak of against him. They need to refine their narrative and start talking about him more instead of Mullen’s lunacy and the brawl.

Speaking of that brawl: SEC statement: "Flagrant personal foul penalties do not carry suspension punishments into the next game." That was a statement made by the SEC from two years ago in the Egg bowl. Idk if they would change their stance, but after the players toned down their behaviors in the second half I’d say the message was received. They served their punishments there and then, no sense in Double Jeopardy. I’m not a professional in legalities on this matter but I think it was resolved last Saturday night.

Georgia’s roster is loaded, even if they’re starting DT, DE, and S will be missing. Any advantage we think we have over them for missing those guys will only frustrate you more. I don’t care who they put out there on that field, though, because I think our offense is Alabama good. Their offense is and has always been predicated around the run and that won’t change but they will try and utilize Bennett, Pickens, Jackson and Cook in the passing game a bunch. Georgia is boring offensively and very limited in stretching the field against us. Shutting down their run game will be the challenge as always, but we have to cover and tackle better against them than we have in the last 3 years and in the past 4 games in order to establish and maintain dominance of this game come Saturday.

If our defense can play the way they ought to play, and Grantham doesn’t royally Eff that up, then I believe we win by 10 or more. If our defense comes soft and weak, then Georgia still has to score more than us. Just a humble opinion.

...Trask...
As long as we don't cover Cook with a LB. That didn't work well for Bama.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
I don't see how any loss could be considered "respectable"
Not getting skull phukked by a better team is preferable to being beaten like a rented mule in front of God and everybody, ala McElstain. I'm not saying that I would shrug off any loss as "acceptable." I'm saying that beating UGA and then playing well against the best team in the country is better than losing to the dwags and never even having a chance to compete. Interpret that as you see fit. I'm finished arguing with the "all or nothing" crowd over semantics and lunatic expectations. Bama is better than we are at this juncture, and it's just plain stupid to pretend otherwise.

Last edited:

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

So what about the guy from Mizzou that threw like 20 punches and didn't even get ejected from the game Saturday? And what about a fine for the refs that refused to call the late hit that started the whole thing?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Bama is better than we are at this juncture, and it's just plain stupid to pretend otherwise.
Ridiculous. I heard that Mullinz is the 3 star whisperer and the best Xs and Os coach and has the most exotic top DC.

Also we are preseason NCs.

Trailerbammer has no chance.

Last edited:

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
Not attacking you, but can we stop with this ridiculous thinking. Coaches don’t do that. Every year we hear how a team is holding back for next week. That’s a recipe for disaster. I’m sure there’s coaches somewhere doing that, but those are usually the sorry coaches. Great coaches care more about execution. Do what you do but do it better. Not trying to come up with some ridiculous scheme to trick them. Or holding back plays.
Okay, I'll put it another way. Do you think ugly will come out with a power running game plan, limited passing or will they throw it around more ( say 50-50 run-pass)?

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Ridiculous. I heard that Mullinz is the 3 star whisperer and the best Xs and Os coach and the most exotic top DC.

Also we are preseason NCs.

Trailerbammer has no chance.
We could’ve claimed preseason National champs if UGay hadn’t been claiming it for the last 40 goddamned years.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Not getting skull phukked by a better team is preferable to being beaten like a rented mule mule in front of God and everybody, ala McElstain. I'm not saying that I would shrug off any loss as "acceptable." I'm saying that beating UGA and then playing well against the best team in the country is better than losing to the dwags and never even having a chance to compete. Interpret that as you see fit. I'm finished arguing with the "all or nothing" crowd over semantics and lunatic expectations. Bama is better than we are at this juncture, and it's just plain stupid to pretend otherwise.
Celebrating moral victories is for losers, no matter how you word it.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Losing Davis is a massive loss. Still, it won’t matter if we can’t stop their offense from 7-9 minute drives.

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Okay, I'll put it another way. Do you think ugly will come out with a power running game plan, limited passing or will they throw it around more ( say 50-50 run-pass)?
I think that plays into our hands. I do think it’s a real possibility Kirby comes out trying to throw. But Stetson Bennett is terrible! We win big if they try to get in a track meet. They have one easy path to victory and that’s running right down our throats. I don’t think we have the bodies to stop that kind of attack. It’s really tempting to throw against our defense. I’m hoping that’s the way they lean.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
I think that plays into our hands. I do think it’s a real possibility Kirby comes out trying to throw. But Stetson Bennett is terrible! We win big if they try to get in a track meet. They have one easy path to victory and that’s running right down our throats. I don’t think we have the bodies to stop that kind of attack. It’s really tempting to throw against our defense. I’m hoping that’s the way they lean.

If we sell out to stop the run Stetson has to beat us...Is he better or worse than Bazelak? That’s the million dollar question

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb