***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Auburn***

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I despised that man when he was here and the day he was hired.

It's getting a lot easier to like him though.

You can tell he truly wants this job.

This is a large shift for you. Baby steps Donk, baby steps! Let's both hope he continues to inspire & improve our team!

Last edited:

EyeDocGator

Politically Incorrect
Lifetime Member
Oct 26, 2015
Gators should have won by 30+

If Trask didn't have the three fumbles we would have won by more than 30. Of course, if our OL were good he probably wouldn't have had any fumbles. If Nix didn't throw three interceptions and Barn didn't have the muffed punt we might not have won. Once Nix gets some experience he's going to be good. I'm glad we're not scheduled to face him again. Trask also has a high ceiling but has no more game experience than Nix. It's not surprising he makes Freshman mistakes.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
After the game, the alma mater was over, and the field cleared, Mullen was still out there and went on a victory lap for the remaining 20,000 or so fans. He was jumping up and down, waiving his arms to get people hyped up, and high diving everyone in the front row in a lengthy victory lap. It was at least 10-15 minutes after the game was over. He just didn’t want to leave the field. It was pretty awesome.

I remember Charley Pell doing that. WAY out of character for him. It was special then and it’s special now.

Enjoy the win, but we are just 1/2 way through the season and one step into the October gauntlet. It’s a big step, but that “Gator Standard” involves an SEC championship ring. The grind has just begun.

#beatLSU

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Anthony Schwartz, “fastest guy on the field” per CBS, had just one touch. Maybe other targets but that surprises me.

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
This is a large shift for you. Baby steps Donk, baby steps! Let's both hope he continues to inspire & improve our team!

Nah, he was all pumper after beating Meatchickens last season. He just went to a dark place when his hopes of a good OL got dashed at the Miami game. He seems to be getting back to preseason pumper Donks mode. Still waiting till he gives credit to our 2 star butters special QB Trask beating what supposedly is the best D in the nation, by using a different nick name.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It's unbelievable but I never thought I'd say I miss FF. But I do. Mullins greatest task will be getting a quarterback here in a year or two who can throw 30 touchdowns with 9 or 10 interceptions and can run a little bit.

Obviously a great win against a good SEC West team that was undefeated coming into today. But for them to win more big games are going to need the offense to do better. Much better.

There are many things that a QB must do well to be great. There are also thinks that are required around him, that others must do sufficiently. Some of the QB requirements are:
  1. Lead the offense.
  2. Pre-snap reading of the defense.
  3. Make necessary pre-snap adjustments to the play-calls and protections.
  4. Make correct post-snap reads.
  5. Successfully perform hand-offs, pitches, and QB runs in the running game.
  6. Successfully pass the ball to receivers, including to a correct receiver with the correct placement, velocity, timing, etc.
  7. Manage himself in the pocket, know when to throw it away, when to tuck it and run, when to take the sack (without retreating like Nix did near the end of this game).
  8. Keep the ball (as) secure (as possible) while passing or running.
Certainly there are more requirements, but this list is a start. Of all the things that are needed, some require innate skill or talent and some can be trained to a greater or less extent. Trask definitely needs to get better at pocket awareness. ...then again, before two weeks ago he hadn't started a game in 7 years and hasn't played much in collegiate games!!!

We finally have a QB who can read defenses in passing situations at an exceptionally high level and deliver the ball to the right read, on time, with proper velocity and placement!! We haven't had that in a looooooong time, outside of a few games with Will Grier. ...and you're pining for Franks?

Our best chance at a special season was Trask getting a chance and Trask staying healthy. He needs time each play and he needs time as in repetitions against live competition. Why don't you direct your wishfulness toward a decent line that will allow this premier, albeit inexperienced, QB to have the time to do what he needs to connect with our outstanding receiver unit?

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Good thread. Would read again.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
It's unbelievable but I never thought I'd say I miss FF. But I do. Mullins greatest task will be getting a quarterback here in a year or two who can throw 30 touchdowns with 9 or 10 interceptions and can run a little bit.

Obviously a great win against a good SEC West team that was undefeated coming into today. But for them to win more big games are going to need the offense to do better. Much better.

Those fumbles were on Trask but the offense still runs better with him than with Franks. I'm willing to give Trask time to develop a pocket presence.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Not throw him away after the win. But Trask should have known how good Auburn's defense was and how he has to get rid of the ball. It was so frustrating. He will get better from here on out. He has to.

Jesus man, it was his 2nd game ever starting in his lifetime. WTH do you expect?

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Anthony Schwartz, “fastest guy on the field” per CBS, had just one touch. Maybe other targets but that surprises me.
Yeah - he's fast but he is not a good receiver. Because he can't run routes, he caught zero passes.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Nah, he was all pumper after beating Meatchickens last season. He just went to a dark place when his hopes of a good OL got dashed at the Miami game. He seems to be getting back to preseason pumper Donks mode. Still waiting till he gives credit to our 2 star butters special QB Trask beating what supposedly is the best D in the nation, by using a different nick name.
I suspect KT could lead us to a Natty and win the Heisman and Swonk would still call him that. He’s a bit on the stubborn side - of course it’s also one of things that makes him the Swonk and a GCMB treasure.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017

Because of all the Schwartz speed talk, I paid attention to his matchup with our corners most of the game. While Marco played off him on the few times he was matched up, CJ played him man up and ran pace for pace. Then, on pints, Schwartz was the gunner and just sprinted downfield. He may have beat CJ once, but I don’t recall seeing it and I was looking for it.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If Trask didn't have the three fumbles we would have won by more than 30. Of course, if our OL were good he probably wouldn't have had any fumbles.
The kid doesn't have the internal clock yet, and isn't great at seeing blitzes coming.

That is absolutely to be expected of any kid who hasn't played much in college, much less one whose high school career was about 2.5 games when you conglomerate all the snaps.

I didn't see as many outright whiffs this week. However the OL and back if present SHOULD be giving him heat calls when a blitzer is coming free or an OL gets beaten.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.