***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Auburn***

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

It's good to see Emmitt giving this speech. I hope he gets more involved with his alma mater.

Also, I love seeing Greenard in the front row, dialed in, quieting the team when Emmitt wants to keep talking and the team's going nuts. Greenard is such a valuable leader and player for this year. Probably the defensive MVP so far this season. I hope he helps raise some more leaders for the following years.

:chomp:

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Florida is currently on an 8 game win streak dating back to embarrassing Musdump late last year. Florida should be on a 9 game streak heading into Auburn. Currently the longest streak in the conference

Florida has thrown for 300 yards in 3 straight games for the first time since 2007, Tebow’s heisman banner year.

Florida has only allowed 17 second half points this season.

Florida is on pace for 3,537 passing yards during the 12 game regular season. Would be the most passing yards in a season since Rex Grossman in 2001 (12 games including blowout Maryland Orange bowl victory) when he passed for 3800. (Friendly reminder I’m not claiming this is going to happen, but with our running game the way it is, who knows)

Even though Florida can’t run for its life, has lost it’s starting qb, and has played 3 p5 teams in its first 4 games, Florida currently has the 39th total offense in the country and is averaging 33 pts per game. Not great, but not as bad as it could be. And a sight for sore eyes after the offensive abortion we’ve been through for the last 9 seasons.

Auburn currently has the 41st ranked offense averaging 424 yards per game (in comparison, Florida averages 432, with 1179 passing yards on the season, 295 a game. ) They’re only passing for 164 yards per game, so our rush defense needs to get conserably better. They average 260 a game on the ground. Conversely, Florida is only giving up 92 yards on the ground per game and only 11 pts per game.

Auburn’s D is not far behind, giving up 89 on the ground a game but also giving up 227 through the air. Florida gives up 193, which I’m not worried auburn will get close to with Bo Nix at QB.

They’re a decent team that got lucky with Oregon having some boneheaded late game play calling gaffs. Winning at AM is impressive although I think they’re heavily overrating Jimbos presence there. Auburn having two big prime time wins helps the national appeal for the Florida game, which with ESPN going full hatred on us, can go along way to solidifying Florida as a solid top 10-15 team in the eyes of a lot of people.

Think Florida wins 27-14. A very manageable team and as long as we don’t Grantham it up, Florida miraculously beats another team with more talent than they have.
Got some flack for my score prediction. Boy was I close.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

? Gonna rule the state.?

You know Trask has spent 95% of his throwing experience wearing that "no-hit jersey". Relied-upon QBs practice wearing the same but they have spent much more time in "hit mode" in real games. He's gotta flush that out of his subconscious by some coach calling out the elapsed seconds and by experiencing how fiercely opponents want to hit him - his sore knee ought to help drive that point home. A lot of that can be done watching film. We're just impatient.

What Kyle has achieved is remarkable. It punctuates what his high school coach claimed about him. Plus, even if what progresses gets NFL scouts calling, agents sweet-talking, I think Kyle's loyalty will stick it out with his Gators. How horrid if Franks beats him out next year? I don't think Mullen will let him wane on the bench. Do you?

A side benefit: all recruits have dreams. How easy to latch on to Kyle's cinderfella story. If he continues to chop down those Top-10 teams that we face, sports media will milk it for all it's worth. UF & Mullen will benefit. UF might see some benefits for our 2020 class.?? KyleT has a higher ceiling he can reach.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Cool of them to do that. And Franks for being respectful as well considering my suspicion that he didn’t actually vote for Desantis. I’m the least political person here, but sometimes you have to put all of that aside and respect the moment. Both sides have been ridiculous in that regard.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Doesn’t change the fact.
Well when you get all shambled out over the people you agree with bringing politics into topics that have nothing to do with it, then you can give Feleipe his backbone back, too. Until then, you can f*ck right off. :bananawave:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.