***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Charleston Southern***

ufdano

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2017
Well its not Georgia Southern, but the Gators currently have a zero game win streak on opening day. i won't believe the have installed the forward pass until they prove it. 20-6, and thats not the beer to pee ratio.. or maybe it is!.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
My cousin (close knit family) planned her wedding on a Gator game day in the 90s. Pretty sure it was against Arkansas. Needless to say, most of us went to the game instead of the wedding.
Even though the marriage lasted less than a presidential term, she’s never forgiven us. :lol:

Make bad decisions from the outset, and you’ve set yourself up for failure. Lesson for the kids. There are 9 perfectly good months. Use them.

At the risk of one-upping you, we had a family friend that got married in ‘94, the weekend of the fsu game. To their credit, they scheduled it late afternoon. But due to the coordination of people, nearly all the bride and groom parties had to stop watching the game at the end of the third to start the show. There were whispers during the ceremony and shocked faces all over the place. Bad day. I was one livid 14 year old.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
As for the game score, I was there for Wyoming in 2005. When not run well, with the right personnel, this offense can be dreadful. I wouldn’t bank on winning by 30. I could see it being a 20-24 margin.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
As for the game score, I was there for Wyoming in 2005. When not run well, with the right personnel, this offense can be dreadful. I wouldn’t bank on winning by 30. I could see it being a 20-24 margin.
I'm expecting that. Maybe 28-6, 24-10 or something like that.

Option causes alot of turnovers. We will so how well they run it. The amount of points CS scores will depend on how many we give them on offense with turnovers.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Do you know how bad this team is we're about to play? In two games against FBS competition last year, they were outscored 76-0. Mississippi St. (we know that coach) beat them 49-0 and Indiana beat them 27-0.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Do you know how bad this team is we're about to play? In two games against FBS competition last year, they were outscored 76-0. Mississippi St. (we know that coach) beat them 49-0 and Indiana beat them 27-0.
I get that, but have you watched a Gator game in recent years?

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
This game should not be close at all. No way, period.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
This game should not be close at all. No way, period.

Well just remember this team in 2016 on the road took that FCS team that upset the team that upset the # 3 ranked team in the country into overtime. :)

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Well just remember this team in 2016 on the road took that FCS team that upset the team that upset the # 3 ranked team in the country into overtime. :)
So we're going for a triple transitive property from two years ago and they didn't even win the game?

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Excited for a new season with new faces and new coaches. Cautiously optimistic as I always am to start the year. I expect us to blow these guys out. I think if anything Mullen is a decent motivator and will keep the pressure on the players throughout the whole game.

BUT, if our offensive line isn't blowing open huge holes and we don't have 300 yards rushing against what should be a completely over matched team, I will be worried. If our QBs get sacked at all by a very undersized defense, I will be worried. If our QBs can't hit receivers who I fully expect to be wide open, I will be worried. If we don't do something interesting on special teams, I will be worried. And if this team scores more than 10 points on us and has over 200 total yards, I will be worried.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
I predict we'll experience things we've been sorely missing as of late.

a.) numerous Sacks and turnovers.
b.) passing yardage and TD's
c.) Gator Pride and Joy.
d.) Hope for the future.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Since 13 will be our starter if we throw the ball over 15 times we'll be lucky AF to score 30. If we feed the RB'S 60-70 Carries we'll win by 50 :lol:

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Isn’t there a rule about starting an Official Game Thread this early?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator