***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Charleston Southern***

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
I'm expecting that. Maybe 28-6, 24-10 or something like that.

Option causes alot of turnovers. We will so how well they run it. The amount of points CS scores will depend on how many we give them on offense with turnovers.
Guess you figure he will be saving Trask for Kentucky?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Isn’t there a rule about starting an Official Game Thread this early?
The game threads have been started at the beginning of the week for years now. I think some of you guys live in a constant drunken fog.

Also, 92% have the Gators winning by 30 or more in the Pick 'Em contest. I'm guessing Donkey is one of the 8% at this point. Or more likely, knowing him he'll claim he doesn't have "time" to play, when he posts literally 200 times a day.

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
What is wrong with a drunken fog?

Looking forward to the new Gators on Saturday and reading Cover 2’s synopsis with Sunday morning coffee. Normalcy returning I hope

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Or more likely, knowing him he'll claim he doesn't have INTEREST to play
FIFY.

Especially interest in teams that arent Gators.

Though I am a big Hokey Hokey Hokey Hi fan this week.

MADGator

This space intentionally left blank
Jan 28, 2015
JHFC theres a lot of menstruating going on in here.

My contribution:

d80feb62-e75b-4ab2-a8fa-3dac93e39201_1.eacb19487ebce44fd4e6a3ab7b5bc789.jpeg

and Gators 45-0.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The game threads have been started at the beginning of the week for years now. I think some of you guys live in a constant drunken fog.
giphy.gif

Game threads were never allowed before Thursday’s. That’s how it used to be.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Can't get overhyped about it. Remember, in Hee Haw's opener, we dropped 61 on New Mexico State and everyone thought we had the next Spurrier on the sideline, then we struggled mightily to beat ECU the following week.

Nobody with half a sober brain thought that

chuckmcphail

Lifetime Member
Sep 21, 2016
giphy.gif

Game threads were never allowed before Thursday’s. That’s how it used to be.
I thought is was the look alike thread that always started on Monday of game week. Then it was the Official Game prediction thread, then the Official game thread started on Friday late night....

Swamped Gator

Sep 17, 2014
The main things I want to see:

A reasonably competent offense (We're installing a new system and our QB situation sucks but I want to see an improvement over Butters).
A more disciplined team overall.
A good pass rush and sound fundamental tackling.
A proficient offensive line (if we don't see this against this high school team we're screwed the rest of the season).
Good kicking and solid special teams.
A more excited and passionate team overall.

Gator by the Sea

Lifetime Member
Mar 9, 2017
Excited for a new season with new faces and new coaches. Cautiously optimistic as I always am to start the year. I expect us to blow these guys out. I think if anything Mullen is a decent motivator and will keep the pressure on the players throughout the whole game.

BUT, if our offensive line isn't blowing open huge holes and we don't have 300 yards rushing against what should be a completely over matched team, I will be worried. If our QBs get sacked at all by a very undersized defense, I will be worried. If our QBs can't hit receivers who I fully expect to be wide open, I will be worried. If we don't do something interesting on special teams, I will be worried. And if this team scores more than 10 points on us and has over 200 total yards, I will be worried.

That's pretty much how I feel. I think it's been mentioned here (not sure if it was this thread or another), but Mississippi State beat Charleston Southern 49-0 last year. MSU had 300 yards passing, 250 yards rushing, and held CS to 2 first downs. If we don't win in a comparable manner, then we're in for a looooong season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.