***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Colorado State***

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Some odd awareness point-outs (of course, who else would supply the odd?).=

1) We lose a game and the roiling boiling dump-dishing begins during that game and lasts '7 days 24/7.
2) Win a game & by midday next-day dumps have moved on to our next upcoming "gonna beat our ass" opponent.
3) So, those who are floptimists stay miserable day in day out. At season's end what have they marinated in? = tragedizing. Their reward = "I told y'all so -- bah hum-bug." Hell, they may even get a premature start on 'condemnifying' the next season? {note the use of the word 'premature' = before maturity.

Every single player-youngster daily dreams about becoming a football hero. Takes time with steps that can't exceed our abilities .... to stride onward. Gotta make the Vols more failures come Saturday/

Jack o' Diamonds

My mind is made up, don't confuse me with facts...
Lifetime Member
Aug 29, 2015

You can't find a post of mine that says i'm a pumper. There are none.. But every post you make says I HATE MULLIN! You attack anyone who has any hope that he might succeed. It appears to me you are terrified he might, and make you look even more foolish than you already do...

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Not to mention there is no reason to even think about firing a coach after say three games, two that were victories. We should have lost to KY last year and several other times over that streak. And without that BS fumble we might have won this one.
Are you seriously trying to make the argument that we should't expect to beat Kintuck at home every frickin time? It was a horrible loss for Mullenz no matter how anyone tries to spin it.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Some odd awareness point-outs (of course, who else would supply the odd?).=

1) We lose a game and the roiling boiling dump-dishing begins during that game and lasts '7 days 24/7.
2) Win a game & by midday next-day dumps have moved on to our next upcoming "gonna beat our ass" opponent.
3) So, those who are floptimists stay miserable day in day out. At season's end what have they marinated in? = tragedizing. Their reward = "I told y'all so -- bah hum-bug." Hell, they may even get a premature start on 'condemnifying' the next season? {note the use of the word 'premature' = before maturity.

Every single player-youngster daily dreams about becoming a football hero. Takes time with steps that can't exceed our abilities .... to stride onward. Gotta make the Vols more failures come Saturday/

1) I wasn't surprised by the UK loss. Mullen traditionally does a poor job getting his teams prepared and focused and often loses to teams with similar talent.

2) This win and covering the point spread was completely predictable. There's a reason Vegas had us 3 TD favorites, and it's not because they think Mullen has things turned around.
Of course many pumpers were predicting a loss or a small margin of victory.

3) I haven't seen a single person predicting UT is "gonna beat our ass". They are a bad program in a deeper hole than us with a bad roster and bad coach. But they are at home and we have poor depth, sub-par QB, and a poor coaching staff, and it's a road game so it is more of a toss up type game. I expect us to be small favorites, in the 3.5 point range but pick em or even UT small favorites wouldn't surprise me.

The reason many folks, me included, are down on this hire and see it as another mistake that will end in Mullen getting fired and us paying the price once again from another Fooley type mistake is based on the objective data. Mullen's record, his recruiting, his staff, his 15 year old scheme that only works with one type of QB, and then only when he has more talent than his opponent. He's also isn't good under pressure (see UK halftime) at making adjustments, and coaching a team to victory from behind.

The odds of Mullen being successful here, which in his own words and in SS words is winning championships, is close to zero. So it's not dumpers vs pumpers, it's realists vs folks with wish in one hand and sh*t in the other.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014

Your replies tend to indicate otherwise. You occasionally (not all the time) will come across as a condescending know-it-all. If it’s unintentional, then you should consider proofreading before hitting ‘enter.’

That said, I suspect you take a TON of pride in your football knowledge.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Who reaches for shyt, picks it up in hand and then claps about it?
Yes, after the UK loss there were many statements that UT would clobber us. (That was before it emerged that UT was as awful as they are.) It was posted repeatedly that this team's real failed test will come against UT.

And, explain how the paranormal predicting of the future is reality.?? Thinking on how bad we are, how bad we're gonna be, how we'll never get better is still wishful thinking at it's worse. And it's all in the "yet-occured" future. Wishful thinking does exist as positive based or negative based. They're each just a 'choiced' opinion. Go Gators is worthwhile wishful thinking. A cozy comforting fire isn't something that needs stomping out.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
I still don’t know anyone on the board or otherwise who wanted DM. Not one.

But he’s here, he’s ours. He coaches our Gators and will for at least 3 if not 4 years.

I’m a pumper so I will support him and the team. Can’t even imagine rooting for another team, not attending games at the Swamp or shutting off the TV.

Go Gators!

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014

It’s like the old Sportscenter goofy commercials where the guy’s “knowledge” is a little fuzzy creature that either grows or shrinks depending on how much SC he watches... And the guy compares the size of his knowledge to other guys at the bar...

It’s a macho guy thing. I know my knowledge is limited, but there are some guys here who fight tooth and nail to prove themselves. I kinda get it, and kinda don’t.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
The odds of Mullen being successful here, which in his own words and in SS words is winning championships, is close to zero. So it's not dumpers vs pumpers, it's realists vs folks with wish in one hand and sh*t in the other.

Ummm. No. Your opinion is yours and that’s why we’re here. You look at Mullen’s years at MSU and see a steaming pile of mess. The facts don’t support that view. You can howl about his record vs. ranked teams etc. But that argument assumes a decent program and base. Had he done that at AU, LSU or A&M, then I’d agree.

MSU was a horrible place when he went there. It’s much better now, but still stuck behind Bama, LSU, AU & A&M - programs with huge, established & moneyed fan bases.

The odds are, of course, against every coach. A small percentage win championships. But an objective view of Dan Mullen is: An ultra-successful QB coach & OC, SEC HC experience that brought a perennial doormat to respectability while his division became the toughest by far in college football. His record at MSU is comparable to Saban’s at Mich State or SOS at SC (take into account their competition). His record of developing QBs is superb.

I didn’t have him in my list. I like what he’s done so far except the 2019 class isn’t top ten (and unlikely to get there.) It’s way to early to know if this is going to work. If that’s “pumping” so be it.

88drgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014

Hence my earlier post...
You didn't even give us one day to enjoy the post-KY win.
We get it: DMs NOT a great coach, not enough to win Nattys perhaps.

But timing dude :facepalm:

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
Ummm. No. Your opinion is yours and that’s why we’re here. You look at Mullen’s years at MSU and see a steaming pile of mess. The facts don’t support that view. You can howl about his record vs. ranked teams etc. But that argument assumes a decent program and base. Had he done that at AU, LSU or A&M, then I’d agree.

MSU was a horrible place when he went there. It’s much better now, but still stuck behind Bama, LSU, AU & A&M - programs with huge, established & moneyed fan bases.

The odds are, of course, against every coach. A small percentage win championships. But an objective view of Dan Mullen is: An ultra-successful QB coach & OC, SEC HC experience that brought a perennial doormat to respectability while his division became the toughest by far in college football. His record at MSU is comparable to Saban’s at Mich State or SOS at SC (take into account their competition). His record of developing QBs is superb.

I didn’t have him in my list. I like what he’s done so far except the 2019 class isn’t top ten (and unlikely to get there.) It’s way to early to know if this is going to work. If that’s “pumping” so be it.
Nailed it.

GatorRaz

Gator Fan in Enemy Territory!!!
Dec 12, 2014
Do we even win the CSU game if mac and co are coaching? I dont think we do. An ugly win is better than a pretty loss and we will take it. Confidence is our biggest enemy. If it keeps building we have a chance to win some more games.
Go Gators!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator