Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs FSU***

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
BN just completely shat the bed in the 3rd quarter with his play calling. I guess he felt he needed go away from the run to counter the adjustments he anticipated from FSU but he should have seen if those adjustments were going to work. He didn't, he took the bait knowing we had one serviceable WR. I also would have like to have seen Lindgard in the 2nd half to go with ETN and Johnson. We lost the game in the 3rd quarter because of that.
We squandered 5 minutes to go 30 yards at the start of the fourth quarter. That extra 2-3 minutes came back to bite us at the end. Did anyone really expect AR to run a smooth 2 minute offense at the end?

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
We squandered 5 minutes to go 30 yards at the start of the fourth quarter. That extra 2-3 minutes came back to bite us at the end. Did anyone really expect AR to run a smooth 2 minute offense at the end?
All ties into the same problem..coaching and decision making.

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
"Part of Billy Napier’s self-evaluation after the season is going to be why the Gators lost so many close games, every one of them still winnable in the fourth quarter. That’s not his reputation."

Dooley
If he can't figure it out, maybe Scott Frost can give him "maximize your buyout" advice. :banghead:

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
I didn't get to watch the game, because I went to my nephews high school playoff game. I was listening, and it seemed like Travis killed us with his legs multiple times where we should've sacked him. Sounded like Dean dropped a pick, and we once again came out in the 2nd half and did nothing. I mentioned yesterday that I thought AR shouldn't throw the ball 20 times in the game, he ended up with 27 passes, but had less than 10 in the 1st half. Why Billy went air raid again to start the second half, when we were gashing them in the run game is anyone's guess. Once we dug a 14 point hole, we went back to it and fought our way back. I really hope AR does try to go pro, 33% completion is a joke, and if he's not gonna use his legs like Travis did, no point in him being out there. Travis wasn't efficient either, but hit a few big balls, if we make the sacks on his few Houdini runs I think we'd have won. This defense just doesn't make the play when given the chance, and it's happened all too many times this year. 38 points should be enough to win you a game, defense needs massive improvement next year or Toney should be fired. I wouldn't mind seeing Toney let go this year, but I'm sure Billy ain't doing that, like he probably ain't giving up play calling. Also sounded like we got screwed on some no calls on PI and a face mask on the last play, what's new? Hopefully we sign a great class in December and get some quality transfers in here as well. Not sure what the teams motivation for the the crappy bowl game will be, but I'm looking forward to seeing a new QB leading this offense. Go Gators!

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I didn't get to watch the game, because I went to my nephews high school playoff game. I was listening, and it seemed like Travis killed us with his legs multiple times where we should've sacked him. Sounded like Dean dropped a pick, and we once again came out in the 2nd half and did nothing. I mentioned yesterday that I thought AR shouldn't throw the ball 20 times in the game, he ended up with 27 passes, but had less than 10 in the 1st half. Why Billy went air raid again to start the second half, when we were gashing them in the run game is anyone's guess. Once we dug a 14 point hole, we went back to it and fought our way back. I really hope AR does try to go pro, 33% completion is a joke, and if he's not gonna use his legs like Travis did, no point in him being out there. Travis wasn't efficient either, but hit a few big balls, if we make the sacks on his few Houdini runs I think we'd have won. This defense just doesn't make the play when given the chance, and it's happened all too many times this year. 38 points should be enough to win you a game, defense needs massive improvement next year or Toney should be fired. I wouldn't mind seeing Toney let go this year, but I'm sure Billy ain't doing that, like he probably ain't giving up play calling. Also sounded like we got screwed on some no calls on PI and a face mask on the last play, what's new? Hopefully we sign a great class in December and get some quality transfers in here as well. Not sure what the teams motivation for the the crappy bowl game will be, but I'm looking forward to seeing a new QB leading this offense. Go Gators!

Biggest difference tween Travis and AR was two things. 1) Travis was decisive and ran as soon as it was there. 2)When he threw his big completions they were caught because they were to his starting WRs. That may sound like an excuse, and AR did miss on some easy throws, but where guys like Wilson and Pittman made great catches for them, Douglas and Pouncey did not.

Mornengswede

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2017
B77ABE02-C926-494A-A98D-CB00AAB41D02.jpeg

Ball went out of bounds in the end zone. Touchback. Gator ball.

No go back to your incessant doom and gloom, trashing the coaching staff, and oddly proud I told you sos.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
View attachment 51563

Ball went out of bounds in the end zone. Touchback. Gator ball.

No go back to your incessant doom and gloom, trashing the coaching staff, and oddly proud I told you sos.

I thought that as well in the moment, but never saw this angle. How does this not spark a review?

Between that, the holding all night and the blatant face mask on AR, this SEC crew was absolute garbage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator