Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs FSU***

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I almost mentioned that one as well as I can remember watching that game multiple times at the ESPN club on Friday.
Usually OU and that badass wishbone had already stolen both of their manhoods by that time of the season.....But I always wanted to see the Buffalo steam roll that gay ass Husker mascot....

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
I have no doubt it’s a tactic both schools used to put this game more in the spotlight than it’s been the past 12 years or so. I just don’t find it to be a bad thing. Playing on Saturday wouldn’t change the perception of the way the past decade has gone any more than playing Friday does.

Btw, Ala/Aub played on Friday in 2009 and 2010, as defending national champs and eventual national champs in each case. Lsu played in 2007 as eventual national champs, 4 years removed from their last title. Texas played A&M in 2004 and 2005, both as a Top-5 team, winning it all in 2005. Again, it’s not some random October Friday night game. It’s always been a great football day.

I’m trying to piss & moan about something that’s relatively inconsequential. You mind not interrupting me???

:lol:

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
There are a bunch of people hung up on the "weak sauce passing game", and seem to place more importance on it than actually WINNING the game itself. In fact, Wuerffel here says that we can't be "great" with a weak passing game, but UGA is currently dominating college football with running and defense. They slaughtered UT recently, crushing a passing offense that appeared unstoppable.

This is really all because we were spoiled with 12 years of the Fun N Gun. I personally don't mind a dominant running game, as there's something about steamrolling an opponent on the ground while making their shattered defense beg for mercy that's extremely satisfying to me.

However, I already said it, I've seen a lot of signs that Napier likes to pass a lot more than some seem to think he does. I think once he has a passer he's comfortable with, we're going to pass the ball plenty. It won't be the Fun N Gun, but it won't be Muschamp passing games, either.

In short, let's just win games - that's the most fun part.
True that winning is the most fun and important part but I could do without the depression and angina for the first 59 minutes of close games.

Last edited:

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Dis Gon B Good GIF

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
That was a good game last night. I hadn’t seen our hoops team yet and tuned in for the second half in which they dominated f$u. Looking forward to next Friday night after we take care of bidness today.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
That was a good game last night. I hadn’t seen our hoops team yet and tuned in for the second half in which they dominated f$u. Looking forward to next Friday night after we take care of bidness today.
Thrilled with the way the boys erased a 17 pt deficit in 5 minutes, but falling behind as much as 19 points is troubling. Glad you didn't have to witness the hideous 1st half, but temper your expectations.

That saId, any day we beat the clowns is a great day.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Thrilled with the way the boys erased a 17 pt deficit in 5 minutes, but falling behind as much as 19 points is troubling. Glad you didn't have to witness the 1st half, but temper your expectations.

That saId, any day we beat the clowns is a great day.

Their hoops team is horrible. I hate to think how badly we must have played to go down 19.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Their hoops team is horrible. I hate to think how badly we must have played to go down 19.
Wait!?! What!?! Their hoops team is terrible??? But coach Bowden told us the reason they joined the ACC was to improve their basketball program.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Wait!?! What!?! Their hoops team is terrible??? But coach Bowden told us the reason they joined the ACC was to improve their basketball program.
I think it's more funny that he actually admitted the SEC was too tough and chose the acc as an easier path to the trophies.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
You clowns, this game thread is for football, not basketball. Next person to mention basketball gets a vacation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator