***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs. Georgia***

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I'm pretty sure we were trying to onside kick. It looked to me like our superlative ST coach never actually had the team practice the play.

Well you know there is that 20 hour per week rule so you can only practice certain things. :lmao2:

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
There is just no excuse for Mullen to have these kinds of games, especially coming off a bye week. It's complete garbage. And the issue is that Mullen has been a head coach for a decade now? Kirby or a younger coach? They have an out to have a bad game out of a bye week but Mullen or anyone in the game that long doesn't. And frankly the biggest thing I'm annoyed by is just how brutally average our coaching staff is as a whole, none of them are great recruiters, none of them outside maybe Billy G is actually developing guys at a noticeable pace. And because Mullen is the one that hired all these *******s it's difficult for me to see a situation where Mullen can actually fix the problem he created.

Others on here have said Mullen probably can't get the money he needs out of this cheap ass administration to field the proper staff he needs. It's probably true to some degree, we always seem to pay less than the other big boys for staffs. They're still picking around getting the facilities upgraded and that's been in the works for like 4 years now it seems. Regardless, you make a great point, we shouldn't have looked so out of sync after a bye. Really a bad look for Mullen in this game. I believe Kirby is in his head.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I wasn’t defending Billy G. Just knew it would draw you in like a shark to blood in the water.

Regarding that... you see Mullen go ballistic on him? It was funny.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Yes, but the score is the only thing that decides the game.

Obviously I'm not debating that we lost, I'm disagreeing with your assertion that defense wasn't responsible. With 12 of 18 3rd down conversions allowed and could not get a stop when needed, absolutely defense deserves 50% of the blame, conservatively.

no1g8r

Bringing Reason to the dumb masses
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2017
Obviously I'm not debating that we lost, I'm disagreeing with your assertion that defense wasn't responsible. With 12 of 18 3rd down conversions allowed and could not get a stop when needed, absolutely defense deserves 50% of the blame, conservatively.

to further your point, the Gators had closed the gap to 16-10 with 13+ minutes left in the game. Just needed a stop and to get the Ball back, but instead give up a wide open 50 yard TD. If the defense could have gotten that one key stop, the Gators offense had some momentum.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
to further your point, the Gators had closed the gap to 16-10 with 13+ minutes left in the game. Just needed a stop and to get the Ball back, but instead give up a wide open 50 yard TD. If the defense could have gotten that one key stop, the Gators offense had some momentum.
Great post and reminder. This new “it wasn’t close” mantra by many on here is ridiculous. The game was never out of hand even though we didn’t play a good game. The biggest issue was failure to get a big play or stop by the defense. Fire Grantham.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
The D was pretty good against the run, only giving up like 120 yards. I'm sure UGA was averaging well over 200 yards a game. So that was a good effort, especially with how long they were on the field. The lack of pass rush you referenced was very disappointing, we've only manage to sack Fromm 1 time in three years and just hurried him 5 times in that same span. No wonder he seems to always look like Aaron Rodgers against us. I'll be glad to see Fromm go and Grantham too. Hopefully they both opt for the NFL after the season.

The total number of yards is only one indicator, the distribution and timing is what really counts. I don't have the stats, but I think we gave up running yards in a bimodal distribution. Sometimes zero ro close sometimes enough to keep drives alive. Look at their third down success, both passing and when they had a low number of yards to get.

With a few different outcomes we would have had a chance to win, same as with LSU. Championship teams find those few, we are not yet there.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Great post and reminder. This new “it wasn’t close” mantra by many on here is ridiculous. The game was never out of hand even though we didn’t play a good game. The biggest issue was failure to get a big play or stop by the defense. Fire Grantham.

Half right, no firing him unless we can get someone better. The players are not yet good enough. We don't have eight good linemen, and not say five good linebackers either. With this team the offense must perform, unlike some previous ones where the defense had to bail out a poor offense. If we had a decent running game (mostly blocking) the outcome might have been quite different.

GatorKen714

May 24, 2018
My last thought on the game: Our worst game we lost to Georgia by 7, Georgia's worst game they lost to South Caroline by 3 (much worse). It sucks because they are our biggest rival but we aren't far behind..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator