***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs. Georgia***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tn-Gator2688

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2016
In Florida's 17 wins under Dan Mullen, opponents have converted 81 of 252 third downs (32.1%).

In Florida's five losses under Mullen, opponents have converted 41 of 67 third downs (61.2%).

If you want some #ThirdAndGrantham fuel, there you go.

marinegator

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2014
Their lines were better than our lines - pretty simple. You can’t give a good quarterback a 3 plus count and expect to shut them down.
They did the Bama thing on us and kept the ball away from our offense.
Sucks but it could of been a lot uglier than it was.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
That piece of **** Grantham has to ****ing go . I don’t even care if C rob goes with him. Just get Fat Todd the **** out of Gainesville .

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
Reality is that ugly-assed truth that simply refuses to go away. A few points in support of that unhappy thought:

The first big fat glob of really shytty "news" is that Mullen is well on his way to letting misplaced loyalty to three amazingly piss-poor underlings become his undoing at UF. Grantham is an enormous tool bag and the only change he can make that would improve the Gator defense is a change of address - like to another state. The safety play is whatever is worse than utterly phukking atrocious and Ron English should be run out of town on a rail - tonight. Oh, and I almost forgot the "sub-championship level" recruiting that seems to be the best we can expect out of the current regime/staff. Although this team has plenty of heart, the overall talent is low end second-tier at best, and without a miracle of some sort it ain't gonna get any better, anytime soon.

Lastly, our likely 10-2 or 9-3 record is not as impressive in fact as it is in theory. Just look at the schedule and tell me who we beat that we absolutely shouldn't have. I do believe that Auburn is probably somewhat better than we are talent-wise, but they have no QB and CGM coaches like a monkey trying to phukk a door knob - thereby reducing the weight of that "big win" considerably. It's not over quite yet for DM, but this was a crucial game that this staff was just not good enough to win, and next year has a lean and hungry look that does not bode well - just sayin,'

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
There’s a reason this game goes through long cycles. Players eventually start approaching it as a game they know they can win. In addition to the atrocious calls by some of our staff, that was the difference. This guys are now what we were for decades. They don’t fear us and the fans don’t come in expecting a party outside and loss inside.

It all began in 2011 when our “beloved” AD decided to break convention and hire both a dog and a born loser. Once Murray beat us that day, he never again cowered down in the fashion that others have. Richt did his best to stem the damages, but the hires of Muschamp and McElwain were too much for even him to mess up.

This is why you don’t put multimillion dollar decisions in the hands of a ticket counter. Foley created all of this and we’ll have to wait until it all cycles through before we can change it. He effectively flushed two decades of greatness down the toilet with a giant smile.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
No, they were 8 for 10 in the first half and he played into the third. Grantham is just bad.
I thought I saw Zu on the sidelines in the first half and Danielson commenting on him being out for a while.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
In Florida's 17 wins under Dan Mullen, opponents have converted 81 of 252 third downs (32.1%).

In Florida's five losses under Mullen, opponents have converted 41 of 67 third downs (61.2%).

If you want some #ThirdAndGrantham fuel, there you go.

His rep at prior stops was having good stats over a season but having about 3 games a year where the offense better be rolling.

Rotagilla78

Oct 30, 2019
Two weeks to prepare and the offense burns 2 time outs in 4 minutes. No run blocking or running plays 8th game in. This is on Mullen. Florida coaching is terrible on this game. Do not blame defense for this one. When you have an off week you hope the coaching staff is not spending it at the beach or totally idolizing some recruit. I see Titanic failure on offense. Is this the first first time we have seen defensive shifts? What was the plan at halftime?

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I thought I saw Zu on the sidelines in the first half and Danielson commenting on him being out for a while.
He did say that then Zu was in for the rest of the series after that comment :lol: I think he was on a “pitch count”.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
There’s a reason this game goes through long cycles. Players eventually start approaching it as a game they know they can win. In addition to the atrocious calls by some of our staff, that was the difference. This guys are now what we were for decades. They don’t fear us and the fans don’t come in expecting a party outside and loss inside.

It all began in 2011 when our “beloved” AD decided to break convention and hire both a dog and a born loser. Once Murray beat us that day, he never again cowered down in the fashion that others have. Richt did his best to stem the damages, but the hires of Muschamp and McElwain were too much for even him to mess up.

This is why you don’t put multimillion dollar decisions in the hands of a ticket counter. Foley created all of this and we’ll have to wait until it all cycles through before we can change it.

True enough, but at this point it just doesn't matter much. I obviously agree that Foley was a disaster for the FB program, but the question is what the hell are the current AD/HC going to do to turn things around. They may yet succeed, but if major changes/improvements don't occur soon, we're going to be talking about them in the past tense too.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
True enough, but at this point it just doesn't matter much. I obviously agree that Foley was a disaster for the FB program, but the question is what the hell are the current AD/HC going to do to turn things around. They may yet succeed, but if major changes/improvements don't occur soon, we're going to be talking about them in the past tense too.

I’m a trader by nature so my instinct is to say it’s loss and move on. But I don’t think it matters much at that this point. Damage is done and will need time to unwind.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
The problem with Foley is that his minions still work there and influence decisions. Dude is straight cancer.

GatorKen714

May 24, 2018
I was disappointed in the way we came out. The team didn’t seem fired up and the fact we had a by week and couldn’t cover/stop their dink and dunk passing game with our supposed DBU defensive backs was lame. Third down play calling was horrid delayed hand offs with our inexperienced lines was never going to work. Georgia is nothing special they just don’t make a lot of mistakes. They won’t win a national championship this year. They don’t have enough offense to win a shootout or if they have to play catchup.

screw Georgia they’ll still wake up tomorrow as flea and tick ridden butt lickers.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
So, has the "Kirby can't coach" myth been put to rest tonight? Or are we going to keep going with that narrative until Dan beats him?

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
So, has the "Kirby can't coach" myth been put to rest tonight? Or are we going to keep going with that narrative until Dan beats him?
Not even close. We were in it because of that moron. They should’ve scored 4 FGs because of his conservatism (I refuse to recognize the BS that was overturned). I’m not even sure that long TD happens if we weren’t selling out to stop the run down 6. A decent offensive coach might’ve rolled us.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I was disappointed in the way we came out. The team didn’t seem fired up and the fact we had a by week and couldn’t cover/stop their dink and dunk passing game with our supposed DBU defensive backs was lame. Third down play calling was horrid delayed hand offs with our inexperienced lines was never going to work. Georgia is nothing special they just don’t make a lot of mistakes. They won’t win a national championship this year. They don’t have enough offense to win a shootout or if they have to play catchup.

screw Georgia they’ll still wake up tomorrow as flea and tick ridden butt lickers.

The team came out fired up as hell. Drove the field....and Dan passes the ball on 4th and 2 inches, telling the entire world he thinks we can't run on them (which was true). Then the D came out fired up as hell - stuffed Swift on 2 straight runs, getting a no gain and a 4 yard loss....the gives up the 1st of 12 "4th and Grantham's" on 3rd and 14....game over. It wasn't a contest the rest of the way. They owned us! Kirby outcoached the un-outcoachable Dan Mullen!

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
The problem with Foley is that his minions still work there and influence decisions. Dude is straight cancer.

Since 2002, the day I patented the Screen name when ZookDouche was hired. I did not need to see any games to determine how that was going to work out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator