***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Kentucky***

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Sammon mentioned something. I figured I would pass it along. It is hard to know from watching tv tape. But, the staff is thrilled with the emergence of Shawn Davis at safety. He has taken another step the way Miller has at LB.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Oh no, @Gator Fever has turned into a Kentucky fan. Guess Miami losing to UNC has shifted his allegiance...

Just kidding. I think it’ll be a low scoring slug fest. I don’t expect their offense to gain much traction but I think ours will have a tough go of it IF we turn the ball over. If not, I suspect we’ll be alright.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Sammon mentioned something. I figured I would pass it along. It is hard to know from watching tv tape. But, the staff is thrilled with the emergence of Shawn Davis at safety. He has taken another step the way Miller has at LB.

I don't trust anything at safety until we play the legit teams starting Saturday and see the play on the field.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
If we establish the run game we will have no problem. If they stuff us and make Franks beat them with his arm its gonna be a long night.

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
It's a rugged, tough and sometimes unforgiving sport that we love so much,. Wish the UK QB a fast and full recovery. I'm still worried about the line of scrimmage on both sides, this is not the kitty cats of old!

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

Speaking of that what is up with Burney as he isn't even listed as having participated in the game I think. I know Miller played a lot better than him in the Miami game.

Edit: I see Burney was banged up and that is why he didn't play in the game.

Last edited:

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
I really REALLY don't want to lose twice in a row to a pudgy head coach with dentures.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
I know a lot of people haven't watched much of their games this season but I have watched quite a bit of their plays after recording the games and this team looks about as good as last season to me even with all those players they had to replace. As a group that defense can still get after the QB on passing downs and their D line and LBs look pretty good against the run. They did have to replace their entire secondary however and have had a few breakdowns there in the first 2 games.

Even with them losing that QB I think this will be another close game unless we kill them with turnovers. The backup QB has actually played some in the sunbelt conference and didn't look too bad when he played. It will be nice not having the QB constantly scrambling for 10+ yards after getting pressure on him however.
You're not serious, are you?

They've looked pretty pedestrian against what should be very inferior competition.

We should beat the schyt out of them.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015

Go rewatch the last defensive stand during the Miami game. Davis made a stellar play in a one on one matchup against a much taller receiver. He doesn’t cover that pass, we lose. He and Stewart are the pair I’d like to see if possible.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
You're not serious, are you?

They've looked pretty pedestrian against what should be very inferior competition.

They have looked better this year against that competition imo. I think we may have a problem establishing a good run game against them just like last season.

If their secondary holds up a little I think we have another game coming down to the last few minutes even with that backup QB in the game.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015

Are you talking about how UK played this past weekend? Or how UF played this past weekend? I'm pretty sure CDM was ready to beat the schyt out of our team, Mac would've offered PB&J while Addazzio would have graded them as champions.

:grin:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Some good info from 247:

Florida-Kentucky pregame notes

https://247sports.com/college/florida/board/14/contents/floridakentucky-pregame-notes--135439920/

• Florida has won six consecutive games for the first time since its seven-game winning streak since 2015, when it won the Birmingham Bowl on Jan. 3 and started the 2015 sesaon 6-0.

• Florida’s loss against Kentucky last year -- Dan Mullen’s second game as head coach -- snapped its 31-game winning streak in the series. It was the Gators’ first loss to Kentucky since Nov. 15, 1986, when they lost 10-3 in Lexington.

• UF has not lost consecutive games to Kentucky since 1976 and 1977.

• The Gators are seeking a second consecutive 10-win campaign for the first time since posting 13 wins in both 2008 -- Mullen’s final year as offensive coordinator -- and 2009.

• Florida’s 15 sacks lead all FBS teams by three, and its 26 tackles for loss rank second nationally, just two behind FBS-leading UCF (28). Only four FBS teams have more than nine sacks, and only six teams have more than 20 TFLs.

• The Gators needed five full games to reach 15 sacks last year, and they took seven games to rack up 26 TFLs last year.

Jabari Zuniga is Florida’s top disrupter, as he leads the SEC with 3 sacks and 4.5 tackles for loss.

• Zuniga is tied for third nationally in tackles for loss and tied for sixth nationally in sacks. Zuniga, Illinois’ Oluwole Betiku Jr., Charlotte’s Alex Highsmith, and Michigan State’s Kenny Willekes are the only FBS players with at least 3 sacks and 4 tackles for loss this season.

• Florida is one of three FBS teams featuring multiple players with at least 3.5 tackles for loss (Zuniga, Jeremiah Moon). The others are North Carolina and South Florida.

• UF is the only SEC team featuring four players with 1.5 sacks -- Zuniga, Jonathan Greenard, Ventrell Miller, Trey Dean III -- and is the only SEC team with five players with at least 2 tackles for loss -- Miller, Moon, Zuniga, Kyree Campbell.

• Florida’s 10 sacks in its Week 0 win over Miami were the highest total by an SEC team since Nov. 28, 2008, when Ole Miss had 10 against Mississippi State. It marked just the eighth game of 10-plus sacks by any FBS team since the start of the 2015 season. Last year, Army (10 against Houston - Dec. 22) was the only FBS team with 10 in a game.

The Gators have 500-plus yards of total offense in four of their last six games (Miami [304] and Michigan [427] are the only outliers). Florida had just three games of 500-plus yards from 2015-17, and only ve such games from 2011-14.

• UF already has three passing plays of 60-plus yards this year, its highest total since finishing 2016 with three such plays.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
• Florida is one of three FBS teams featuring multiple players with at least 3.5 tackles for loss (Zuniga, Jeremiah Moon). The others are North Carolina and South Florida.

Something to take note of. Both UF and NC have played Miami. Their terrible O-Line is probably skewing the numbers a bit here.

Musclepug

never go full retard
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2018
Just saw this, I didnt validate it

Jeff Drummond (@JDrumUK) tweeted at 7:39 PM on Tue, Sep 10, 2019:
UK announces that the NCAA has cleared linebacker/end Xavier Peters for immediate eligibility. He is a transfer from Florida State and a former Top 100 recruit. #BBN
()

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb