***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Kentucky***

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Feel bad to see FF get injured but Trask has worked to be ready and has never once complained. An added benefit is our QB will have near universal acceptance which will be a first since Tebow (notwithstanding Donk). Maybe no more “Trash” references. He earned that.

Defense stepped up in the 4th qtr as well as the call and run by Hammond.

The 2pt call on the 1st td was bad but remember that had we kicked it instead everything from that point on is different. I’m just glad it all worked out.

Night made even better by immediately switching to the end of the FSU game and watching them melt down yet again....despite repeatedly being given opportunities by the refs on the final drive.

Willie.......That’s 1 W and 2 L’s.

Fishon

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
They didn’t need to score twice, it was a one possession game. Not arguing, just pointing out the obvious difference in the 2 situations. Glad we won.
you are incorrect. the situation in that game (vs. vandy) was the same. We were up by 1, scored with little time left to go up 8. happened again last year vs. lsu with brad stewart

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
Oxstradamus looking like he reads tea leaves with some of his comments in his "Kyle Trask will start against KY".

...and yet, he banned me from the in-game Box for saying "I wish Franks hadn't got injured, but replacing him is our only chance of winning."

I never wish injury on any Gator. I'm not a big fan of Franks, but he's been a decent QB and certainly gives his all for the program. I acknowledge and respect that for what it is.

But he's not a great QB. And Mullen being as wedded to him as he's been has made our offense more limited and more stagnant. Real talk: our OL isn't great this year. We've struggled to establish a run game against every opponent. And Mullen's answer has been to run it time and time again, relying on Franks' legs to be a credible run threat. He's improved immensely as a runner, but our OL simply isn't as good this year. The strength of our offense is our skill position players: RBs and WRs. Trask has his limitations, but he's a better fit for what the strength of our offense is: our WRs.

And the proof is in the pudding: we ripped off 19 unanswered points to win tonight. I HATE that it came at the expense/injury of Franks, but I honestly feel the end result vindicates the opinion that our only chance to win tonight was putting in Trask and going more gunslinger. Mullen tends to be rush-first and while Trask isn't terrible at rushing, his strength is the intermediate passing game...and it's what enabled us to win tonight.

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
Reese really stepped up in the 4th quarter. He got picked on early, but stuffing several runs in the last series was desperately needed.

Go Gators

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Reese really stepped up in the 4th quarter. He got picked on early, but stuffing several runs in the last series was desperately needed.

Go Gators
Reese is better up front.
He should not be in coverage

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
you are incorrect. the situation in that game (vs. vandy) was the same. We were up by 1, scored with little time left to go up 8. happened again last year vs. lsu with brad stewart

No, I’m not wrong, at least on the major premise. It was 2017. We were up 7 on Vandy with about 1:40 left to play. We had the ball 4th & 1. Malik Davis went through the LOS nearly untouched and secured the first down. Rather than fall down, he went about 37 yards and scored a TD. That made it a 14 point game, a 2 possession game, not an 8 point game as you claim. Totally different situation than tonight.

The only thing I was wrong on was the point differential. I recollected it to be something like a 9 or 10 point differential after he scored but it was obviously 14 points. Here’s the link with highlights.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Frank's has dislocated ankle according to notifications

I heard Franks is out for the season. I never like to see a player hurt but somebody should show him this video and tell him to suck it up. Not only did Tony Fin pop his own ankle back into place but he went out 4 straight days after this and BALLED OUT!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Let’s hope not as I think he’s a good coach, too. I actually thought Miami would offer him the job and that he’d accept but I was wrong.
Well, neither scUM nor Clowntown can afford him.

But let's not go overboard w how good he is. In the end he lost to Butters three times and now Cousin Eddie, largely bc he makes bonehead playcalls and occasionally forgets to put cornerbacks on the field. Ive honestly not seen that happen to anyone but two morons at UT and Taggelwain.

Fishon

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
No, I’m not wrong, at least on the major premise. It was 2017. We were up 7 on Vandy with about 1:40 left to play. We had the ball 4th & 1. Malik Davis went through the LOS nearly untouched and secured the first down. Rather than fall down, he went about 37 yards and scored a TD. That made it a 14 point game, a 2 possession game, not an 8 point game as you claim. Totally different situation than tonight.

The only thing I was wrong on was the point differential. I recollected it to be something like a 9 or 10 point differential after he scored but it was obviously 14 points. Here’s the link with highlights.

**** dude, my bad

Fishon

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Well, neither scUM nor Clowntown can afford him.

But let's not go overboard w how good he is. In the end he lost to Butters three times and now Cousin Eddie, largely bc he makes bonehead playcalls and occasionally forgets to put cornerbacks on the field. Ive honestly not seen that happen to anyone but two morons at UT and Taggelwain.
man, i was so happy for you when you left, and now this. this must be what a substance counselor feels like when a guy leaves rehab only to show back up less than a week later strung out and smelling like urine.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
man, i was so happy for you when you left, and now this. this must be what a substance counselor feels like when a guy leaves rehab only to show back up less than a week later strung out and smelling like urine.
Im here for you, fish.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
19 to 7 second half.
What a comeback! What a comeback and I'm talking 'bout Swonkey!

Last edited:

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Go Gators
He’s good between the tackles but have him cover someone or tackle someone on the run he drops in effectiveness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb