***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Kentucky***

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
...and yet, he banned me from the in-game Box for saying "I wish Franks hadn't got injured, but replacing him is our only chance of winning."

I never wish injury on any Gator. I'm not a big fan of Franks, but he's been a decent QB and certainly gives his all for the program. I acknowledge and respect that for what it is.

But he's not a great QB. And Mullen being as wedded to him as he's been has made our offense more limited and more stagnant. Real talk: our OL isn't great this year. We've struggled to establish a run game against every opponent. And Mullen's answer has been to run it time and time again, relying on Franks' legs to be a credible run threat. He's improved immensely as a runner, but our OL simply isn't as good this year. The strength of our offense is our skill position players: RBs and WRs. Trask has his limitations, but he's a better fit for what the strength of our offense is: our WRs.

And the proof is in the pudding: we ripped off 19 unanswered points to win tonight. I HATE that it came at the expense/injury of Franks, but I honestly feel the end result vindicates the opinion that our only chance to win tonight was putting in Trask and going more gunslinger. Mullen tends to be rush-first and while Trask isn't terrible at rushing, his strength is the intermediate passing game...and it's what enabled us to win tonight.
BNA removed you from the chat box, not me. Perhaps you should start a thread calling him out.

I removed chferg for calling me a "dumb motherf*****" when I implied that Franks made a bad play. That I will cop to.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
BNA removed you from the chat box, not me. Perhaps you should start a thread calling him out.

I removed chferg for calling me a "dumb motherf*****" when I implied that Franks made a bad play. That I will cop to.

Interesting then that was said to me and yet I was the one removed, no?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Nick de la Torre (@NickdelaTorreGC) tweeted at 10:33 PM on Sat, Sep 14, 2019:
Kentucky missed the field goal. Todd Grantham is excited. Nick de la Torre on Twitter
()

I picture him as a chain smoking regional sales rep for some auto parts store who wears dress pants and polos everyday, plays way too much golf and constantly cheats on his wife.

But yeah, glad they missed that kick. Shouldn’t have been a potential winner anyway, but was due to bad decisions on our part.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Reese is better up front.
He should not be in coverage

At least twice last night I was screaming "why is Reese in coverage all the way to the sidelines? Dude can't run! He can sure plug some holes though. I bet he's popular with the ladies.:grin:

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Wow that was a crazy game. Trask did some good things for this offense in the passing game and Emory getting more plays will help the running game. Defense needs to get and stay healthy for sure

The Lateral Move

Oct 9, 2018

Maybe it's just a case of we're fan and don't truly know what we're talking about

But

It's been pretty frustrating with CDM in that regard. We have an O-line that pass blocks well but can't run block for ****, good WR's and a QB that can throw pretty well but can't run. We shoud be passing 70%+ of plays but he always wants to run.

Won't give the ball to Toney more

Insists on playing guys like Stiner instead of Davis or Stewart. Same with Perine over Malik or Pierce

Drives me nuts.

I will say I apppreciated him taking Delance out last night. Dude cost us some points and has been atrocious all year

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Of all times for us to not have a player named Watkins. Would've been perfection.:lol:

giphy.gif

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Here's some film breakdown. This is the first video I've seen from this guy (Murf Baldwin).

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Saw this on another site, not sure if it is accurate, but it says a lot. And our 1 4* OL is our biggest issue.

Kentucky
Darian Kinnard four-star
Luke Fortner three-star
Drake Jackson four-star
Logan Stenberg three-star
Landon Young four-star

Florida
Stone Forsythe three-star
Brett Heggie three-star
Nick Buchanan three-star
Chris Bleich three-star
Jean Delance four-star

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I like that video breakdown by Murf. Sounds like Trask has a ton of potential if he can clean up his mechanics. Also, Delance has to go. Dude ain’t cutting it.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014

@ltraz, my apologies for taking so long to get back to you. But I spent a beautiful Sunday in central Kentucky, wearing my Gator cap basking in a Gator win. What a day! (By the way for anyone in area, I recommend Shaker Village. Great way to spend and afternoon and have a good meal.)

Now on to the subject of criticizing the coaches. The coaches are well paid professionals and open to critiquing. But your criticism is different. I believe your obvious hatred of Mullen is so deep that you are rooting for Mullen to fail; and thus the Gators. That makes you a troll and like all trolls, you should be IGNOREd.

PS: Mullen sends his regret but he only hires bonded and insured people to mow his grass. He wishes you would just move on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator