***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Kentucky***

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It was a foregone conclusion the day we hired him.

He is what his resume says he is.
I worried that day as I worry now. I hate this offense. I hated it with Tebow. I hate it with Emory. It looks pretty when you have Demps & Rainey breaking big runs or Percy taking a short pass to the house, but we do not have those players. Right now, we have a Miss State offense being led by Nick Fitzgerald. If we get into a 3rd and 9 situation, we might as well have Emory punt.

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
That’s exactly how I was the whole time on the sofa. My family usually leaves the house when I’m watching a gator game due to my constant outbursts. I just sat quietly all game knowing how it was going to end. Hopefully Dan knows the end is near too.
You notice the streaking wide open receivers while EJ dropped to his check downs all night too?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I worried that day as I worry now. I hate this offense. I hated it with Tebow. I hate it with Emory. It looks pretty when you have Demps & Rainey breaking big runs or Percy taking a short pass to the house, but we do not have those players. Right now, we have a Miss State offense being led by Nick Fitzgerald. If we get into a 3rd and 9 situation, we might as well have Emory punt.

The moment we don’t score, but rather get a 1st and goal, I fully expect a FG. Our play calling inside the 10(really the 20) is horrific.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
giphy.gif

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I know a lot of people are posed at Dan but let’s not forget about Knox and the horrendous special teams play we’ve had! Nightmares of dropped fair catches at the one, offsides on kickoffs, blocked field goals, PFs out of bounds and the list goes on!
missed XPs....

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
If the only positive you can say"is he is the best available" that isn't a good reason. That's a bullschit reason. What real reason for having the job. What does he offer?

So how about you identify alternative head coaches including what they actually bring to our program and some detailed logic on how and why they would be coming here.

I remember folks talking up Frost, he went home, had little success and since he was returning home was a long shot to be our coach.

We tried some lower level folks without big time experience that did not work out to be satisfactory either.

There are some options for folks with less than great morals that I would not really want as our coach. Perhaps they have grown up and learned but we see a coach who should never been hired for our women's basketball coach.

There might be a couple of NFL assistants I would consider, but usually it works the opposite way.

So unless they are hiring me I would like to see improvements in our staff first.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So how about you identify alternative head coaches including what they actually bring to our program and some detailed logic on how and why they would be coming here.

I remember folks talking up Frost, he went home, had little success and since he was returning home was a long shot to be our coach.

We tried some lower level folks without big time experience that did not work out to be satisfactory either.

There are some options for folks with less than great morals that I would not really want as our coach. Perhaps they have grown up and learned but we see a coach who should never been hired for our women's basketball coach.

There might be a couple of NFL assistants I would consider, but usually it works the opposite way.

So unless they are hiring me I would like to see improvements in our staff first.

The problem with this, is in some cases those improvements will have to be found by a AD staff I don't trust. But you have to take a lower level or unproven guy. Meyer was a lower level guy who did really great things at the lower level. But in order to find out if you have that guy you have to swing, if you aren't taking a shot at greatiness. You are settling for mediocrity.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yes, but the redshirt freshman misses too many reads and he’s not a redshirt junior.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
That just proves that Mullen wasn’t outcoached. :lol:

Stoops' reply to sideline question during 3rd quarter: "What's it like facing Mullen's Gators nowadays.?"
Stoops: "It's a bungle out there."

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
I just watched the replay of the first half and the last drive where Dipshyf Dan ran the clock out. Let me just say, one more time, that I hate that fcvking LOSER DAN MULLEN!

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
The problem with this, is in some cases those improvements will have to be found by a AD staff I don't trust. But you have to take a lower level or unproven guy. Meyer was a lower level guy who did really great things at the lower level. But in order to find out if you have that guy you have to swing, if you aren't taking a shot at greatiness. You are settling for mediocrity.

So do you have any high quality guys with details on their greatness and how we could get them to come to UF?

I agree that the AD seems not to be involved in monitoring any of our programs for continual improvement. Perhaps he personally does not have time but his staff should.

Perhaps there are none that we know directly.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So do you have any high quality guys with details on their greatness and how we could get them to come to UF?

I agree that the AD seems not to be involved in monitoring any of our programs for continual improvement. Perhaps he personally does not have time but his staff should.

Perhaps there are none that we know directly.

So your answer is settle.... My job isn't to have a list of high quality candidates, that is the admin's job. Do I have guys I would give a shot too, of course. I'm sure a lot of us have their list of guys they wouldn't mind giving a shot to. That doesn't mean I'm right. As I said you either are striving for greatness or settling for mediocrity.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
Random question but it pertains to UK so might as well put it here:

Does anyone besides me remember seeing Albert the Alligator get in a real, full-on fistfight with the Kentucky Wildcat on the sidelines in the early 1990s? I think it was either 1992 or 1994.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.