• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
UF threw 7 interceptions against KY, three by Wuerfel. At KY. And still won.

This loss wasn't on AR. 2 ints should be easily overcome at home.

BN has lots of work to do.

2-3 years.

Date story was published: Sunday, September 12, 1993

Seven interceptions from the defense, a 70-yard touchdown run from a true freshman tailback, a 25-yard field goal from a new kicker for a three- point lead with 1:26 remaining, all that, and for Kentucky, it still wasn't enough.

Backup quarterback Danny Wuerffel, who had thrown three of Florida's seven interceptions, brought the upset-minded Cats crashing back to earth on the game's final play from scrimmage, hitting wide-open Chris Doering with a 28- yard pass to give the seventh-ranked Gators a heart-stopping 24-20 victory last night at Commonwealth Stadium.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017

2-3 years.

The Utah win was because of ARs stellar play, this Ky loss was because for the most part he couldn’t hit the side of a barn with his passes, he hits his open receivers Fl. wins.
Fl. gos as AR goes, the interceptions were devastating but could have been overcome with better QB play.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
AR is the only reason we were playing from behind and only reason we couldnt catch back up. he threw picks that turned into points and constant passes in the dirt that stalled drives or caused 3 and outs. the dude couldnt hit water from a boat Saturday night.

I like the kid and hope he can look back on this as a funny memory one time but give me a break with the "it wasnt AR" psychosis. You sound like 2222. "Guys, its not the coach!"

Get back on your meds.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

2-3 years.

Remember though, that was an era where the talent disparity between places like UF and Kentucky was staggering. I disagree with Crete’s theory that we’re devoid of talent all together or even on par with them. But the gap has narrowed significantly, which doesn’t allow us to fool around for 45-50 minutes, give them short fields or defensive TDs and then make the clutch play when we have to. That’s part of why we never lost those games under Spurrier. Mizzou, Usce, Uk are all close enough in talent right now that we have to play great or we can lose to them(or anyone). We didn’t and we lost.

But you bring up a great point. How much of that game in ‘93 was also Spurrier still learning. Twelve months later, on an even worse day QB wise, and clinging to a tight lead at the end, Spurrier had DW throw deep over the middle for his 17th pick of the day and we lost our first SEC home game and the #1 ranking. So yes, coaching can and will have to improve along with AR. I’m personally in the camp that both need to, and both will.

Last edited:

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
AR is the only reason we were playing from behind and only reason we couldnt catch back up. he threw picks that turned into points and constant passes in the dirt that stalled drives or caused 3 and outs. the dude couldnt hit water from a boat Saturday night.

I like the kid and hope he can look back on this as a funny memory one time but give me a break with the "it wasnt AR" psychosis. You sound like 2222. "Guys, its not the coach!"

Get back on your meds.
exactly GIF

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
Touchdowns Iowa scored against Kentucky in the Citrus Bowl: 2
Touchdowns Florida scored against Kentucky in the last 2 seasons combined: 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.