• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
On the pick 6, was it ever explained who had the miscommunication? AR throws it quickly, and his receiver (Wright I think ) just keeps running like he's expecting a streak route or something.
AR read it wrong. When the CB squats instead of hook, becomes a fade route.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Nothing like a post Gator game loss hangover that was fueled by several pints of optimism and hope. Anyone have a cure for that?
Think
Texas Am Football GIF by Texas A&M University

Ncaa Football No GIF by ESPN College Football

Last edited:

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
After calming a bit, 1-1 after the first two, which is what I expected but not in the opposite order. I'm still saying 8-4.

Wins: USF, EWU, MIZ, SC, VU

Toss-Up: UT, LSU, A&M, FSU

Loss: UGA

Split the toss-ups and we get there.

AR was playing so poorly I was wondering if putting Kitna out there for a series wouldn't have been as risky as first thought.
I had to calm down a bit too. I was hoping after last week they were ahead of schedule.

But the depth is a GLARING issue. Any team can just keep it close, stick with their gameplan, and hope we get gassed.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Yeah I’ll be honest. I was a poor sport and left. A 3:30 game, I wouldn’t have. But I wasn’t turning midnight bedtime into 1am for the final plays and a clear eventuality. I felt bad as we all poured out of BHG and the players can obviously see that. But they also saw last week. Full crowds post game are for closers. We didn’t close.

Still, I’m glad to see them not unravel as a team.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER Lower Expectations.
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
On the pick 6, was it ever explained who had the miscommunication? AR throws it quickly, and his receiver (Wright I think ) just keeps running like he's expecting a streak route or something.
That's on the QB. Clearly a rookie mistake. Even if Wright ran the wrong route. Gotta check before you let it fly.

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
It was on AR. The coverage was tight, so the receiver read go on the outside. AR read hitch because he thought coverage was off. By that time, he had no confidence and simply misread the coverage. RB was correct to head up field.

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
Nothing like a post Gator game loss hangover that was fueled by several pints of optimism and hope. Anyone have a cure for that?
A hangover is your body's response to drinking too much and stopping. Clearing your body is telling you to NOT stop drinking.

For football, it is the same. Find an old game that went well on YouTube and keep drinking!

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah I’ll be honest. I was a poor sport and left. A 3:30 game, I wouldn’t have. But I wasn’t turning midnight bedtime into 1am for the final plays and a clear eventuality. I felt bad as we all poured out of BHG and the players can obviously see that. But they also saw last week. Full crowds post game are for closers. We didn’t close.

Still, I’m glad to see them not unravel as a team.
The fanbase is graying. I prefer the noon or 3:30 kick-off. Win or lose.

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
The fanbase is graying. I prefer the noon or 3:30 kick-off. Win or lose.
Lol killing me.

Recently Met an old friend who I used to watch all the Monday night games with. We were laughing about how we went from full games, to leaving at half to finally admitting that they were past our bedtime. At least we can catch late games when we get up to pee. :)

Go Gators!

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Lol killing me.

Recently Met an old friend who I used to watch all the Monday night games with. We were laughing about how we went from full games, to leaving at half to finally admitting that they were past our bedtime. At least we can catch late games when we get up to pee. :)

Go Gators!
DVRs rock!

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
A hangover is your body's response to drinking too much and stopping. Clearing your body is telling you to NOT stop drinking.

For football, it is the same. Find an old game that went well on YouTube and keep drinking!
Might have to check the archives.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Exactly right. He has done a lot of stuff well related to getting rid of the lazy-azz numbnuts stench on the program, building an elite staff, using social media effectively to promote the program, and it appears stepping up recruiting. But now he needs to check his ego and admit he needs help coaching the offense if he is going to build a championship caliber team.

As to your point in your previous post, when we are on defense and the camera shows BN, he's carrying and looking at his offensive play card. Everyone can see that trying to be his own QB coach and OC is a mistake and we saw it as a red flag when he was hired. It's too late to change the offense this year but if he doesn't check himself and hire an OC after this season, I don't think this is going to be a very long stint.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.