• UK by 10 or more

Votes: 4 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
The funny thing about the spy is UK is dedicating their lone "strength" on defense to AR in the event he runs. 10 on 11 is a great place to start an az whoopin

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The funny thing about the spy is UK is dedicating their lone "strength" on defense to AR in the event he runs. 10 on 11 is a great place to start an az whoopin
What it tells me is that we're so far inside their head already that if we march the opening drive down for a TD, they're likely to fold like a cheap lawn chair. I feel even better about Saturday's game.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
UK will have no answers for AR. That was some coming out party last night. We’ll struggle on D and make some mistakes, but the O will win this one for us. The line is good. The backs are good and AR is a star that is now comfortable being the man. Another 31 year streak starts next week.
Would like it if AR was a pure passing QB app game. I know he has to run him but that puts him in harm’s way. He is our season. I think we can beat Kentucky with our RBs and pass game.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I think teams or pundits assuming AR can't pass or it's "bad" if he passes a lot are going to look like fools. The guy may have the best arm UF has ever had, and is now just starting to use it. He isn't a dummy like Franks, he can see the field.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Would like it if AR was a pure passing QB app game. I know he has to run him but that puts him in harm’s way. He is our season. I think we can beat Kentucky with our RBs and pass game.
I believe the threat could be enough.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Look for Ky to load the box and force Fl. to use its downfield passing game.
As of yet our tight end room doesn’t appear to be a mismatch for opposing teams linebackers, not good. Our receivers will probably make us or break us against Ky.

I believe this game will be an old fashioned slobber knocker, where the Gators will have to pass first to set up the run.
They will certainly try. I think our OL will win that fight and we may see some TEs getting involved.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I think teams or pundits assuming AR can't pass or it's "bad" if he passes a lot are going to look like fools. The guy may have the best arm UF has ever had, and is now just starting to use it. He isn't a dummy like Franks, he can see the field.
WRs may be the issue. Can they get open and run the right routes?

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
They will certainly try. I think our OL will win that fight and we may see some TEs getting involved.
Napier likes to run then go deep...we'll that's what he did at UL. Their QB was not great nor were the WR...but they had open receivers a lot.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The Gator Nation Football Podcast film review showed that he was doing a very high level of QB'ing. Multiple times he was looking and had his body turned away from where he was going with the ball to completely fool defenses. Also, his pump fakes can make guys look like absolute morons.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Last guy I've seen deliver a ball that hard with a simple flick is Vick. He was a POS, but what a natural thrower and athlete

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
What it tells me is that we're so far inside their head already that if we march the opening drive down for a TD, they're likely to fold like a cheap lawn chair. I feel even better about Saturday's game.
They're scared. I guarantee you that. They know that got away with a few games because of bad coaching and our internal issues. The issues are gone but the players aren't. Saturday is June 6th and they are the Germans

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
They're scared. I guarantee you that. They know that got away with a few games because of bad coaching and our internal issues. The issues are gone but the players aren't. Saturday is June 6th and they are the Germans
I was thinking Aug 6 and 9...1945 JAPAN
nuclear explosion GIF

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
You guys remember Cam Newton at Auburn? Newton was absolutely unstoppable, it was like having 12 players on offense. AR has that kind of talent.

Newton also went from a projected NFL project to a 2nd round pick, to a 1st round pick, to a top 10 pick, to the first friggin' player taken. It would not surprise me in the least in that after the combine Richardson is the potential #1 overall pick. It hurts to lose him, but that kind of publicity is huge for the program and is something that high schoolers notice.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You guys remember Cam Newton at Auburn? Newton was absolutely unstoppable, it was like having 12 players on offense. AR has that kind of talent.

Newton also went from a projected NFL project to a 2nd round pick, to a 1st round pick, to a top 10 pick, to the first friggin' player taken. It would not surprise me in the least in that after the combine Richardson is the potential #1 overall pick. It hurts to lose him, but that kind of publicity is huge for the program and is something that high schoolers notice.
He definitely has that ceiling (maybe higher).

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018

Agree...and I think AR is better, more rounded, with a better personality.

Napier knows he's special.

Last edited:

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Game will turn on whether AR can connect on a few deep balls early. If we do? Kentucky's game plan goes out the window and they'll be forced to play catch-up.

The way they win is to turn this into a physical slug-fest: frustrating our rushing game and hoping their offense can play keep-away with extended drives. They don't have the rushing game to control the ball; but if they can reliably pass and move the chains, they're going to sit on the clock for as long as they can.

Their defense will want to play close to the LOS and have a spy on Richardson at all times. There will be a lot more space for our WRs to work downfield against single coverage. If AR opens up his passing game and we go up early, I think this game turns into a blowout. Kentucky doesn't have the horses to keep up with us playing at home--since our Defense matches up much better with them than we did with Utah's did last week. We'll get another interception or two and odds are: a few sacks as well. If AR struggles to connect on passing in the first half, it'll be a much closer game; but we still come out ahead.
Don’t overlook special teams. They will look to streal hidden yards, field position and points off blocked kicks & returns.

34-17 UF

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Agree...and I think AR is better, more rounded, and better personality.

Napier knows he's special.
AR’s stats vs. Utah are worlds better than EJ’s vs. FAU in last year’s opener.

And he is worlds better than Cam was at this stage. He works super hard at his craft.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
His time between read & delivery is so much faster than I’ve seen in anyone since Rex. I just hope the WRs & TEs give him great targets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb