• UK by 10 or more

Votes: 4 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

saltyg8r

Past caring
Lifetime Member
Dec 12, 2020
You guys remember Cam Newton at Auburn? Newton was absolutely unstoppable, it was like having 12 players on offense. AR has that kind of talent.

Newton also went from a projected NFL project to a 2nd round pick, to a 1st round pick, to a top 10 pick, to the first friggin' player taken. It would not surprise me in the least in that after the combine Richardson is the potential #1 overall pick. It hurts to lose him, but that kind of publicity is huge for the program and is something that high schoolers notice.

Better person too

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
You guys remember Cam Newton at Auburn? Newton was absolutely unstoppable, it was like having 12 players on offense. AR has that kind of talent.

Newton also went from a projected NFL project to a 2nd round pick, to a 1st round pick, to a top 10 pick, to the first friggin' player taken. It would not surprise me in the least in that after the combine Richardson is the potential #1 overall pick. It hurts to lose him, but that kind of publicity is huge for the program and is something that high schoolers notice.
Never heard of him

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
His time between read & delivery is so much faster than I’ve seen in anyone since Rex. I just hope the WRs & TEs give him great targets.
This is so true. Rex had unbelievable talent with Troupe, D. Jackson, Jacobs, Gaffney and Caldwell. Could you imagine this team with that group?!?!

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
His time between read & delivery is so much faster than I’ve seen in anyone since Rex. I just hope the WRs & TEs give him great targets.
In 2001 Rexy should've earned the third of the four Heismans that rightfully belong to us. In retrospect I doubt anyone disputes that, considering that the only reason he didn't get it was that they'd never given it to a sophomore.

This was actually from the year before, but I mean, come on. This guy was unbelievable.

If we had made it to the SEC Championship game in 2001, we would have won, and Rexy then would've won the Heisman even though he was a sophomore. If we had played Tennessee when we were supposed to play them instead of at the end of the season, we would have won the game and the SEC East. They had one or more key players who were injured on the scheduled date, but were back by the time of the postponed date. I forget who.

What I do remember is, that's why I've always hated Osama Bin Laden. That Navy SEAL who shot him in the face should be given lifetime season tickets at UF. That one was for us.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Aaron Hernandez. Joseph Stalin. Adolf Hitler, to a degree. Actually a pretty good list could be made. Bill Cosby, OJ Simpson, a lot of Catholic priests, Chris Benoit, Ray Rice, Ray Lewis, most Miami and FSU players ever, the Clintons,
Lot of Protestant ministers, rabbis, and imams too.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
In 2001 Rexy should've earned the third of the four Heismans that rightfully belong to us. In retrospect I doubt anyone disputes that, considering that the only reason he didn't get it was that they'd never given it to a sophomore.

This was actually from the year before, but I mean, come on. This guy was unbelievable.

If we had made it to the SEC Championship game in 2001, we would have won, and Rexy then would've won the Heisman even though he was a sophomore. If we had played Tennessee when we were supposed to play them instead of at the end of the season, we would have won the game and the SEC East. They had one or more key players who were injured on the scheduled date, but were back by the time of the postponed date. I forget who.

What I do remember is, that's why I've always hated Osama Bin Laden. That Navy SEAL who shot him in the face should be given lifetime season tickets at UF. That one was for us.

I flashed to this play when AR did the double pump. Also Rex's first start after competing for playing time.

DarksideGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 8, 2017
I hope the Kittys put a spy on AR, 1 less minion in coverage. Plus he will truck-or stiff arm him just like Josh Allen did tonight on #33. It sure looks like to me we have a young Josh Allen with AR. There is no ceiling for a QB with this type of athleticism who can read a defense. Even my Dwag neighbor has taken notice. He says tonight, “man I wish we played y’all next week, we don’t need your QB get reps, he’s only going to get better!”

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
I flashed to this play when AR did the double pump. Also Rex's first start after competing for playing time.
I actually flashed to it the other night in the Nole-Corndog game, when there was a similar bad shotgun snap and the QB (I forget which one) just moseyed over to the ball and took a knee, without even trying to make a play. What a pussy.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Aaron Hernandez
Miracle On 34Th Street Christmas Movies GIF by filmeditor

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015

DL John Henderson was out. He was huge and a great player.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
How did we lose this game last year after out-rushing and out-passing KY, with even turnovers?

87176677-D78C-438A-81D6-958601FC17D7.jpeg
Everyone points to penalties, which indeed hurt, but it was also special teams. There was a 10-point swing on a blocked FG return for a TD. It was also on a big play - Robinson’s 41-yard TD.

The fact is we should have won that game. Our OL is much better this year. Our secondary is much better coached. Their OL is much worse this year. They are tough. They are well-coaches. They will fight and scrap and Stoops will go for those edges again. But we should win this and if we can get a few breaks it could snowball into a big win.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think teams or pundits assuming AR can't pass or it's "bad" if he passes a lot are going to look like fools. The guy may have the best arm UF has ever had, and is now just starting to use it. He isn't a dummy like Franks, he can see the field.
This. So many analysts and media members out there with phrases like “if he can just develop his passing game” proves they only watch highlights or just have no idea what they’re watching. He already reads the field at a Trask level.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.