• UK by 10 or more

Votes: 4 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
Who are the two tools that waited until after the game to vote in the poll on results? That's just pathetic.

Facepalm GIF by MOODMAN

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I love AR. But he’s thrown more passes behind receivers(caught or not) than on target so far.

And while I agree with you on the punts, I don’t know that’s something you improve on with time. Poor situational awareness on BN’s part. He did it last week as well, but it worked out so no one cares.
Last week was worse honestly. Running clock on yourself then taking a TO on 4th down was absolutely bizarre since if you don't make the 1st down, if you get a hold, a false start, etc, you just burned precious seconds and a TO you would need while playing defense to try to get the ball back to score. Then as you pointed out in a previous thread, for some equally strange reason, he didn't use all of the play clock, so in turn more game clock on the scoring down. To me it was very Mullen-like, run the clock when you want it stopped and stop it when you want it running, but he got a pass because it worked out in the end (barely).

There was also the not working the refs or stopping the clock on the Utah incompletion that was called a catch, or the run where Johnson appeared to reach the pylon before stepping out and the refs called him out at the 2. Again, all this worked out last week so it was "all's well that ends well" and the celebration was on. And now, 2 games in a row we had time and TO's to try to score before half and both times BN was satisfied with running out the clock. This is not an error as much as a conservative approach to the game, but seems more like scared money to me.

It's yet to be seen if he can call the offense and also manage the critical in-game decisions. And the offense kind of blows but not having an OC suggests he thinks there's no one who could improve it.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
The big surprise for me was how well KY managed our OL. I expected our defense to give up a big play (why can’t we have a freshman or any WR who makes plays?) We contained their return game (why can’t we have one?)

But after replacing several key parts of their front 7, they stymied our run game and we had no answer. Not one deep ball and frankly no time to throw one. Credit KY with a great plan. They clearly looked less than stellar last week because they were focus on this game.

Long season ahead. Let’s see how they respond.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
A system that stresses the qb?

You're Mr Film Analyst...Napier's system is made NOT to stress the QB. AR melted down.

There were open receivers all night...up until the end. His passes either sailed or were bullets...hard

You hit just a few of those and we're up three scores.

Like last game our D got gassed...no depth.

Last edited:

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I believe AR was hurt and that was affecting his game. No running. Throwing scared.

Play calling wasn't an issue. AR was way off target from the beginning. He hits those wide open WRs and that opens up the running game. That limits UKs time of poss.

BuddyWyatt

Sep 17, 2018
That’s called projection. It’s posters like you who disappear into depression land when things go well and won’t stfu when they don’t.

There’s a whole group of these “fans” who tend to show up the most when things go poorly. Some of them even reveal their true feelings with words like “funny” and “laughing.”

Their whole experience of sports is being right and showing themselves to have the most foresight be the biggest knower of things. So they choose the negative because not winning championships and being one of the very best is the more likely outcome, so that way they can show up and tell all us fools how right they are. It’s a juvenile pathetic way to bolster a sense of self worth.
1662899210710.gif

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Interesting that the post game doesn't appear to be on YouTube. Search on "Billy Napier post game" and you find his 1 minute intro and a lot from last week.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
Honestly, I don’t lay the blame for this loss at the feet of our coaching staff.

I thought there were open receivers early that would have opened up the running lanes, if completed.
Open receivers with room to run. Open receivers in critical times that could have easily resulted in less three and outs and more rest for the improved defense.

Kentucky is good enough that you can’t give them two interceptions, one for a TD and expect to pull out the win.
Turnovers are killers, especially a turnover for a TD.

Someone may know better or saw it different but it appeared to me our receivers were running through open spots in the zone, instead of squatting and waiting for the throw?
Perhaps the pre snap reads from AR and our receivers were not on synch?

Defense played good enough to win.
Offense failed miserably.
In particular, The QB play last night, cost us this game.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
After calming a bit, 1-1 after the first two, which is what I expected but not in the opposite order. I'm still saying 8-4.

Wins: USF, EWU, MIZ, SC, VU

Toss-Up: UT, LSU, A&M, FSU

Loss: UGA

Split the toss-ups and we get there.

AR was playing so poorly I was wondering if putting Kitna out there for a series wouldn't have been as risky as first thought.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
On the pick 6, was it ever explained who had the miscommunication? AR throws it quickly, and his receiver (Wright I think ) just keeps running like he's expecting a streak route or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.