***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs LSU***

Who would you rather listen to in a press conference?

• Ed Orgeron

Votes: 88 96.7%
  • Jim McElwain

Votes: 3 3.3%

• Total voters

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I said before the game and I'll say it again now. Ms St is a 5 loss team. Using them as some benchmark to determine our readiness to play with and/or beat the big boys is a reach.
I agree but that’s always been a tough place for us to win and they were even more fired up due to the “lateral move”, so it was pretty damn big IMO.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
I really hope we destroy LSU. They've always complain about our to rivalry, they're still butthurt about the game being moved and they think we have no chance with Franks.

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
It was the way we beat them - we wore them down in the 2nd half, dominated them. We aren't used to seeing that. None of Mac's teams could ever do that.

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Found this. Very Interesting.

132e5a1c0534bad6b6dc49d4c3575aef.jpg

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
LSU beat us by 1 last year. How much has either team grown? I like Florida’s chances.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Found this. Very Interesting.

132e5a1c0534bad6b6dc49d4c3575aef.jpg

Not sure if the yards per play means much when you are running so few plays. It definitely doesn't put points on the board which is the desired outcome. Even in our non turnover/special teams dominated games we are running a real low number of plays. I think that will hurt us in the schedule ahead if they don't get things sped up. Our offense is like 94th in yards per game right now.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I said before the game and I'll say it again now. Ms St is a 5 loss team. Using them as some benchmark to determine our readiness to play with and/or beat the big boys is a reach.

I don't disagree. They likely lose 5 games. But I still think that has more to do with the conference they play in than anything specific their team. Not unlike what I posted last week regarding Uk. They can have above average seasons from time to time, but they have a definite ceiling because they are usually out manned, especially late in the season where attrition and depth become a concern. So they're rarely as good as they seem early in the year, nor are they as bad as they appear by the close. I think we caught close to their best shot, which is why I put a little more stock in the win.

But really, our winning along the trenches the last 2 weeks have been the biggest reason for optimism than anything else.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Our offense is like 94th in yards per game right now.
Yeah, I remember predicting wed be 100th again bc that is what Mullinz does and getting attacked by Slev and some other gender challenged people.

I didnt realize Ole Slev wanted to measure points per play.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I’m worried about Mizzou, too. That’s probably the best QB we’ll face all year and like you said, I don't see us winning many high scoring affairs. Ironically, that’s the game I’m taking my little boy to for his first trip to the swamp, so I hope I’m dead wrong.
Well then they better win, especially if you are taking your little Gator to his first game. Have a great time either way.

Gatormb

Jul 26, 2018
I think I'm looking the most forward to the crowd. I think they are going to be the most fired up and loudest than they have been in years. Bring a little magic back to the Swamp.

Yep. Not going to get this ticket for $20-30.

Gatormb

Jul 26, 2018
Have they said who all from the 2008 team will be in attendance?

Looks like Tim will be there.

The SEC Network's traveling pregame show, SEC Nation Presented by Johnsonville, is heading south to Gainesville, Fla. next Saturday, October 6 for all the festivities at the University of Florida ahead of No. 5 LSU's visit to The Swamp next weekend.

Airing live from 10 a.m. - Noon ET from Plaza of the Americas, the show will delve into the storylines of Southeastern Conference football, the weekend's biggest showdowns and more before the fifth-ranked Tigers and the Gators battle at Ben Hill Griffin Stadium at 3:30 p.m. The show will also highlight SEC Network college football analyst Tim Tebow's induction into Florida's Ring of Honor, as well as the 10th anniversary of Florida's BCS National Championship.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I’m worried about Mizzou, too. That’s probably the best QB we’ll face all year and like you said, I don't see us winning many high scoring affairs. Ironically, that’s the game I’m taking my little boy to for his first trip to the swamp, so I hope I’m dead wrong.
A "shootout" and a "high scoring affair" against garbage Missouri? What makes you think our defense is going to allow them to score much?

Their QB is going to get his brains beat in. Easy win. I'm far more concerned with a team like LSU than I am Missouri.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
A "shootout" and a "high scoring affair" against garbage Missouri? What makes you think our defense is going to allow them to score much?

Their QB is going to get his brains beat in. Easy win. I'm far more concerned with a team like LSU than I am Missouri.
16-17
16-45

You do the math.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
According to ESPN's FPI, the only game we lose the rest of the way out is GA. And we even have a 58.4% chance of beating LSU. As much as I hate to say it, if Mullen finishes 10-2 in his first yr, with just that loss to UK and a loss to UGA, I'd take that in a heartbeat.

As long as we beat FSU this year, we can’t lose to those guys this year.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

I’m worried that when we face a QB capable of making you pay for blitzing, we’ll get our asses kicked. Not sure how effective our pass defense is without blitzing because we haven’t faced a QB worth a flip, so our coverage skills haven’t been tested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.