Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Team roster talent
Bama 985
UGA 960
LSU 906
Barn 844
UF 836

Not a significant delta between UF and Barn. But delta between UF and LSU is remarkable (as they say in the medical profession). Luckily Ogre is on the other sideline.
The three cornerstones of the winning pyramid:
Talent
Coaching
Want To
We're a bit behind in Talent. Gonna have to make it up in Coaching and Want To.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
If Trask is out, spread sounds about right. LSU by 2 touchdowns. Gonna have to win it with our defense if Trask is limited. No confidence at all if he's out completely, and it's EJ's game to win. No way EJ survives Death Valley with a W.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
I find it hard to believe that Trask was injured enough in the second quarter to miss a game 7 days later but not injured enough to run it up the middle and get his ass busted 10 or so times in the fourth quarter.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
If Trask is out, spread sounds about right. LSU by 2 touchdowns. Gonna have to win it with our defense if Trask is limited. No confidence at all if he's out completely, and it's EJ's game to win. No way EJ survives Death Valley with a W.
Not sure if you noticed, but Jones is significantly more talented than Trask. He had the best looking drive yesterday, until Mullen shut him down with only sideways passes and runs up the gut when we got in FG range. Jones will be ready if needed and has the potential to make the offense much more dynamic.

Nothing against Trask, I love the job he's been doing and hope he can play for sake of consistency, but "having" to play Jones over Trask could be similar to "having" to play Trask over Franks.

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
Not sure if you noticed, but Jones is significantly more talented than Trask. He had the best looking drive yesterday, until Mullen shut him down with only sideways passes and runs up the gut when we got in FG range. Jones will be ready if needed and has the potential to make the offense much more dynamic.

Nothing against Trask, I love the job he's been doing and hope he can play for sake of consistency, but "having" to play Jones over Trask could be similar to "having" to play Trask over Franks.

Not sure if EJ can move the chains better than KT with this Oline. He sure fits Mullens offense better in the long run. But currently it seems KT is a better fit behind this line.

More importantly, if KT is out, Mullen would be running his last QB. After that it is a walk on. I am sure that will limit his playbook having that in the back of his mind.

Last edited:

GatorAuthor

Bringing Prestige Worldwide
Feb 24, 2016

No. Playing Trask over FF was a huge improvement. Huge. Playing Jones over Trask would not improve this team.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I find it hard to believe that Trask was injured enough in the second quarter to miss a game 7 days later but not injured enough to run it up the middle and get his ass busted 10 or so times in the fourth quarter.
I find it hard to believe that Mullen couldn't recognize Trask is a really bad runner when healthy, and completely useless with one bad leg.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I don't agree with this generally. Significantly better runner, yes, but I've seen nothing to indicate he is the better passer.
Trust me, he has a remarkable arm. Jones' drive starts at around 4:10. Watch how effortlessly he releases it, and the time between when he releases the ball and when it hits the receiver in the hands.

Trask throws a really nice catchable ball and does a good job finding the open man and delivering it on time, but for pure arm-strength, not to mention athleticism, there's no question who is the more dynamic player in my opinion.

By the way, take a look at EJ running for 7 yards on the start of his drive when we needed 2 yards. In 3rd and short being able to pick it up with EJ's legs is huge.

Last edited:

NoGaGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2014
At this point, EJ is nowhere close to Trask in passing. Trask's ability to read the D and then drop an accurate, in stride pass is the best UF has had in a long time.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
I find it hard to believe that Mullen couldn't recognize Trask is a really bad runner when healthy, and completely useless with one bad leg.

I'm not even going to try and understand that stupid $hit. Trask makes Chris Leak look like Micheal Vick running the ball.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator