• Both

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Neither

Votes: 69 50.0%

• Total voters

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Not sure if you noticed, but Jones is significantly more talented than Trask. He had the best looking drive yesterday, until Mullen shut him down with only sideways passes and runs up the gut when we got in FG range. Jones will be ready if needed and has the potential to make the offense much more dynamic.

Nothing against Trask, I love the job he's been doing and hope he can play for sake of consistency, but "having" to play Jones over Trask could be similar to "having" to play Trask over Franks.

If EJ was to start cause Trask's knee needs more time to heal, who is the backup? Also does Mullen try and limit EJ's running for fear of injury? What is the status of Toney? I would think he'd be a good emergency QB.

BadowGator

The Chuckler
Sep 16, 2016
-13.5 or -14 is blatant lack of respect. For a 6 V 7 matchup it’s crazy. I can’t imagine it remains that high. But, who knows. Bring it. ML action on that will be a very exciting payout. See how the week goes. Injuries to either sides and such.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Well cash in your life savings and take the Gators and the points.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
If Trask is out, spread sounds about right. LSU by 2 touchdowns. Gonna have to win it with our defense if Trask is limited. No confidence at all if he's out completely, and it's EJ's game to win. No way EJ survives Death Valley with a W.
Not good. Vegas seems to know these things early. It's known. Mullen will tell us tomorow.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
-13.5 or -14 is blatant lack of respect. For a 6 V 7 matchup it’s crazy. I can’t imagine it remains that high. But, who knows. Bring it. ML action on that will be a very exciting payout. See how the week goes. Injuries to either sides and such.
They might not have a ML bet but if they do it should be like 400-450. I'll take some of that and hedge with a bet taking the points.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Trust me, he has a remarkable arm. Jones' drive starts at around 4:10. Watch how effortlessly he releases it, and the time between when he releases the ball and when it hits the receiver in the hands.

Trask throws a really nice catchable ball and does a good job finding the open man and delivering it on time, but for pure arm-strength, not to mention athleticism, there's no question who is the more dynamic player in my opinion.

By the way, take a look at EJ running for 7 yards on the start of his drive when we needed 2 yards. In 3rd and short being able to pick it up with EJ's legs is huge.

You make good points. No doubt EJ is probably the more talented QB. Trask is just quick to decipher defenses and get the ball out. If EJ knows where to go with it, ok, I'm in. Give the kid the ball and let's see what he can do.

But would you really want him over a healthy Trask, taking his first start in Death Valley against top 10 Tigers? I'll take Trask Force One, for this week.

Musclepug

never go full retard
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2018
Fwiw, yes LSU has an offense that can score, but their defense is not better than Auburn's. They haven't seen a defense like ours. Zuniuga will be back, and should upgrade our already unstoppable D

BadowGator

The Chuckler
Sep 16, 2016
I check out VSiN some mornings on the way to work on XM and on my brief commute in, most of the “professionals” consider LSU to be a 2 TD favorite. It baffles me. Did anyone watch the way the D played? LSU O is the greatest show on turf apparently. Not guaranteeing a win, but the more I’ve been thinking about it, betting with my heart I’d take 7 points. Betting in general - I’m in love with a +14. Give me that all day. It’ll open in my book this afternoon unfortunately. Hope I can snag 14 or the hook.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
You make good points. No doubt EJ is probably the more talented QB. Trask is just quick to decipher defenses and get the ball out. If EJ knows where to go with it, ok, I'm in. Give the kid the ball and let's see what he can do.

But would you really want him over a healthy Trask, taking his first start in Death Valley against top 10 Tigers? I'll take Trask Force One, for this week.
No, I'm with you on that. A healthy Trask is our best bet at continuing to win. But he wasn't real effective after getting hurt, so if he is going to be on one leg we might as well go with EJ.

Even if Trask is going to be borderline ready by Saturday, if he is significantly limited during the week then EJ might need to take most of the first team snaps in practice. So that complicates it further as far as preparing specifically for LSU.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Only someone who has a made up mind thinks a drive that resulted in 3 points was better than several drives that resulted in TDs.

GatormanTX

Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2015
Yeah I guess I forgot Danielson needs his weekly protein consumption guzzling down Sabans mayo packet

This made me want to throw up. Too early in the morning to get that visual.

Trust me, he has a remarkable arm. Jones' drive starts at around 4:10. Watch how effortlessly he releases it, and the time between when he releases the ball and when it hits the receiver in the hands.

Trask throws a really nice catchable ball and does a good job finding the open man and delivering it on time, but for pure arm-strength, not to mention athleticism, there's no question who is the more dynamic player in my opinion.

By the way, take a look at EJ running for 7 yards on the start of his drive when we needed 2 yards. In 3rd and short being able to pick it up with EJ's legs is huge.
I would have to trust you because I haven’t seen enough of EJs arm. Mullen called stupid plays with EJ more so than trask. If Trask if fine he should get the start.

GatormanTX

Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2015
Everyone questioning the line. I agree this is too high but I don’t believe there is some conspiracy in Vegas that they know something secret on this. I am no Vegas expert but could it be that they think we have had some sloppy play on offense all year And that if we do the same things we did against Auburn that LSU will hang more than 13 as a result?

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
This made me want to throw up. Too early in the morning to get that visual.

I would have to trust you because I haven’t seen enough of EJs arm. Mullen called stupid plays with EJ more so than trask. If Trask if fine he should get the start.
Agree for sure that if Trask is healthy enough to play he should get the start. But if not, I think we are in pretty good hands (and feet) with EJ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator