Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Neither

Votes: 69 50.0%

• Total voters

no1g8r

Bringing Reason to the dumb masses
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2017
Everyone questioning the line. I agree this is too high but I don’t believe there is some conspiracy in Vegas that they know something secret on this. I am no Vegas expert but could it be that they think we have had some sloppy play on offense all year And that if we do the same things we did against Auburn that LSU will hang more than 13 as a result?

Doesn't Vegas set the opening line based on their best forecast of the line that will get 50% action on either side? And if it's getting skewed, they move the line? They aren't in the business of picking winners, just making money off the juice and trying to not have bets significantly favoring one side or the other.

GatormanTX

Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2015
Doesn't Vegas set the opening line based on their best forecast of the line that will get 50% action on either side? And if it's getting skewed, they move the line? They aren't in the business of picking winners, just making money off the juice and trying to not have bets significantly favoring one side or the other.
Again, I am no expert on Vegas. I still think there is some subjectivity.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
I hope to see a heavy dose of jet sweeps and speed option with Emory. I'd like to see a play with the jet sweep with Copeland/Toney going in one direction with Emory and Perine running the option in the other direction. Just let Emory decide which way it's going pre-snap.

To hell with all that lining Trask up in the shotgun and handing it off to Perine or keeping it straight up the middle. We've already gotten one QB wrecked this year, it'll be hard to over come another.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
A few things:
1) Need someone here to give us a thread or post on "What's LSU Got?"
2) Still, with Kyle fully functioning, EJ could be effective like a first stringer? = to startle LSU on their buts.
3) EJ needs prolonged drives to fully develop into the QB he can be. Probably gets that when we get far ahead against an overmatched team.
4) If Kyle keeps carving up opponents, EJ will be an afterthought QB.
5) IMO I think EJ will be a full burst QB once Trask is gone (one more year? His "show the NFL" year?)
6) Even just spelling KT, EJ needs to unleash a breakaway long run for a TD or slice up the opponent with pinpoint timing passes to up his status.

BadowGator

The Chuckler
Sep 16, 2016
Everyone questioning the line. I agree this is too high but I don’t believe there is some conspiracy in Vegas that they know something secret on this. I am no Vegas expert but could it be that they think we have had some sloppy play on offense all year And that if we do the same things we did against Auburn that LSU will hang more than 13 as a result?

Oh I don’t believe any conspiracy exists. I guess it was just shocking. Mostly due to my fandom and the want for more respect. NFL usually gives 3 to the home side. College occasionally will be 3 or 6. So in retrospect a -13 line could be considered as Vegas seeing LSU as a touchdown favorite Plus the 6 at home at night in Baton Rouge. Just another way to consider it.

GatorAuthor

Bringing Prestige Worldwide
Feb 24, 2016
I'm happy to have the disrespect element to fire us up.

This game is a great example of why I don't bet. I would not be surprised if it were a 14 point game either way. Even if I'd watched some LSU games, I'm still not sure what to make of our team overall. I do know the team has heart, that's for sure.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Im hoping we score first and then we pick 6 right away for another score and they play from behind the rest of the night. It will be awesome to leave there with a win.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
No, I'm with you on that. A healthy Trask is our best bet at continuing to win. But he wasn't real effective after getting hurt, so if he is going to be on one leg we might as well go with EJ.

Even if Trask is going to be borderline ready by Saturday, if he is significantly limited during the week then EJ might need to take most of the first team snaps in practice. So that complicates it further as far as preparing specifically for LSU.
I’d have to rewatch but it seemed like Auburn made some big defensive adjustments after the half which may have resulted in some of his challenges. They started playing extremely aggressive against our WRs and we started racking up PIs - when they called it. That, combined with Trask’s injury, might have limited his 3rd Q production.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
I’m not giving those inbred, corn dog eatin’, coon asses sh!t. F v c k ‘em. No mercy. No quarter.

:chomp:

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
I feel good with Trask or Jones at QB.
Trask seems to be unrattable cools under pressure (which is a good thing). Gators will need that sat. night
Jones upside is very high, great arm, good legs, good decision making. He could become the best QB at Fl. since Tebow,

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Auburn hung 56 the week before on Mississippi States, and they’re not a horrible team.

The next week, they managed 13 offensive points, which should have a huge asterisk beside it, considering their only touchdown game after a foolish fake punt that gave them a short field.

GatorsRGrt

Sep 15, 2017
Vegas does not determine point spreads, the money does. Bettors think LSU is 2 touchdowns better than we are. Vegas does not care who wins they just want to make money.
I hope someone teaches Trask how to hold on to the ball this week. 6 fumbles in 3 starts, we are very fortunate to have come away with the win against Auburn with 4 turnovers and a failed fake punt.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I’d have to rewatch but it seemed like Auburn made some big defensive adjustments after the half which may have resulted in some of his challenges. They started playing extremely aggressive against our WRs and we started racking up PIs - when they called it. That, combined with Trask’s injury, might have limited his 3rd Q production.
They went to press man. It’s going to be the strategy against Trask from now on. It’ll take longer for receivers to get open, and our line can’t hold blocks that long. It also forces him to make tight throws instead of leaving guys wide open in soft zone coverages. It also makes quick screens more difficult. And Trask can’t scramble, which is usually the main weakness of press man coverage. Dan is gonna have to figure something out.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
They went to press man. It’s going to be the strategy against Trask from now on. It’ll take longer for receivers to get open, and our line can’t hold blocks that long. It also forces him to make tight throws instead of leaving guys wide open in soft zone coverages. It also makes quick screens more difficult. And Trask can’t scramble, which is usually the main weakness of press man coverage. Dan is gonna have to figure something out.

EJ

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Forgive my ignorance, but if LSU goes with press coverage, but does not get pressure on Trask as well as Auburn did, would I be correct that this could make them susceptible to a lot of big plays in the passing game? I know Trask doesn’t seem to ever scramble from the pocket, but would this give him running opportunities (on pass plays) as well?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Vegas does not determine point spreads, the money does. Bettors think LSU is 2 touchdowns better than we are. Vegas does not care who wins they just want to make money.
I hope someone teaches Trask how to hold on to the ball this week. 6 fumbles in 3 starts, we are very fortunate to have come away with the win against Auburn with 4 turnovers and a failed fake punt.
Yeah, Trask is turnover prone that’s for sure. He’s done much better than I expected, overall...but those turnovers will cost us at some point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator