***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs LSU***

What will be the outcome of the Florida vs LSU game?

• Florida wins by 1-9

Votes: 31 48.4%
  • Florida wins by 10+

Votes: 17 26.6%
  • Florida loses by 1-9

Votes: 9 14.1%
  • Florida loses by 10+

Votes: 7 10.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Cancel the season. Just dont cancel Laura!
97afbdcf33dbf0b7dce712c40dff7464.jpg

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
It would be moved to the Dec 12 date that the SEC set aside for these type of situations. So we would end with road game at Tennessee and then home LSU

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
What are your thoughts on this? I think he looks slow this season. Maybe he has added just a bit too much weight?

Carter handled transition well, but UF could use him outside

But one of the reasons the Gators haven't been very physical up front is that they're undersized.

But Carter playing slightly out of position has also impacted others. It has forced Brenton Cox to play at strong-side end rather than Buck, while also thrusting Jeremiah Moon into more snaps as the starter at Buck.

The end result? Florida has been pushed around up front.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You have to have about 20 "cases" to end upmw even one person who has a cough and maybe a fever.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
What are your thoughts on this? I think he looks slow this season. Maybe he has added just a bit too much weight?

Carter handled transition well, but UF could use him outside

But one of the reasons the Gators haven't been very physical up front is that they're undersized.

But Carter playing slightly out of position has also impacted others. It has forced Brenton Cox to play at strong-side end rather than Buck, while also thrusting Jeremiah Moon into more snaps as the starter at Buck.

The end result? Florida has been pushed around up front.

Carter is one of our only bright spots, but he's not built to be a DT. He'd be very good, ala Jonathan Bullard, if playing in position. This has been discussed ad naseum on this board already. I'm not sure Goldcamp shouldn't have cited some of our posters for this bit of "insight".

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Agree with just about everything you said here, the issue is we saw all the same issues for 3 years. Now we have a quicker strike offense (which surprising as all hell Mullen switched to) which now takes those issues we have seen for 3 years and made them worse because the defense is on the field longer as well.

In 2018 Kentucky, Missouri and UGA exposed the scheme while all the other teams in our division were also rebuilding. In 2019 Kentucky with a 3rd string quarterback, LSU (which exposed everyone) and UGA exposed us while the rest of our division was still rebuilding. Now in 2020, Mullen changed his offensive tune (thank fuching god) and we have an offensive system actually built for the pieces we have, but it has further exposed our schitty scheme and after the attrition of players leaving skill level. So instead of us eating so much clock with our new offensive system we are striking quicker and leaving are schitty defense scheme on the field longer. Couple this with more teams are coming out of their rebuilds, and have two seasons of tape on how we are going to run our defense not a good combination.

How much of the defensive numbers the first two year were due to Mullen's offensive scheme protecting them by being on the field longer? So not only got a schitty scheme and poor recruiting, but they are also on the field longer because of improvements on offense. This isn't a knock on the improvements on offense, the improvements just exposed the issues that were being covered previously.

Thanks for this.

I read Will Miles’ analysis after your post. Miles notes that we are playing a lot of Mac’s holdovers - Third-and-Grantham bites Gators again in loss to Texas A&M - Read and Reaction This raises 2 issues for me:

1. Meyer took a batch of under-performing but talented Zook recruits and almost to a man made them much better & consistent players. SOS always notes how talented a team he got in 1990. The dips in defense in 1992 and 2007 were enduring the learning curve for rising great players and poor transition class recruiting. We haven’t recruited to an elite level, but there has been a step up from Butters and we’ve done well with transfers.

2. If we’re going to give up a ton of yards & points anyway, I’d prefer giving more PT to the younger guys so they can gain experience.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks for this.

I read Will Miles’ analysis after your post. Miles notes that we are playing a lot of Mac’s holdovers - Third-and-Grantham bites Gators again in loss to Texas A&M - Read and Reaction This raises 2 issues for me:

1. Meyer took a batch of under-performing but talented Zook recruits and almost to a man made them much better & consistent players. SOS always notes how talented a team he got in 1990. The dips in defense in 1992 and 2007 were enduring the learning curve for rising great players and poor transition class recruiting. We haven’t recruited to an elite level, but there has been a step up from Butters and we’ve done well with transfers.

If you remove the talent we lost from signing day to the first day of fall practices, the talent isn't that different. But where the talent really has increased is on the other side of the ball. We had underrecruited DT, LB, and safety (partly due to the guys that have left before day one of fall camp). At Corner we have recruited well and too many, I assume hoping a few pan out as Safeties.

2. If we’re going to give up a ton of yards & points anyway, I’d prefer giving more PT to the younger guys so they can gain experience.

Agree with this portion, lets simplify the scheme and put the young guys out there. We need to know what we have and they need on the job training.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Thanks for this.

THIS

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
SO...Since this is the OFFICIAL LSU vs UF Post...Are we playing Saturday? Roster Size?

Gee, I come here to read the real news. Everyone knows I can't get anything strait...I live in Corn Dog Country.

And I know this, the only stadium packing going on at Florida is Grantham's backside :burn2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.