Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs LSU***

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Fsu is looking like a certain loss to me now
They will look like all stars. Every play will look precisely called and executed as if their staff knew what area of the field our defense will vacate at the snap.

Hopefully, if the game is on the line, our staff will call a bullet slant so that knowing AR can't make the throw he will at least throw it so hard that neither our WR nor their DBs have a chance at it. I'm sure it works every rep in practice.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
ARTICLE 9. a. No defensive player shall unnecessarily rough a passer, when it is obvious the ball has been thrown. The following actions are illegal, but not limited to:
1. Targeting fouls as noted in Rules 9-1-3 and 9-1-4.
2. Forcible contact to the head or neck area that does not meet the
requirements of Rule 9-1-4 (also reference Rule 9-1-2).
3. Forcible contact that is avoidable after it is obvious the ball has left the passer’s hand. (Exception: A defensive player who is blocked by a Team A player with a force so that they have no opportunity to avoid contact with the passer. However, this does not relieve the defensive player of responsibility for personal fouls as described in elsewhere in
this section.).

FR-96
RulE 9 / ConduCt oF PlayERs and othERs subJECt to thE RulEs
Forcibly driving the passer to the ground and landing on the passer with action that punishes the player.
Any action that is a personal foul as described elsewhere in this

Ignore the cross out. iPad copy ain’t easy

Last edited:

Spectator

Jan 15, 2021
I give the whole staff a pass for year 1, hoping recruiting holds steady, but the evaluation of the defensive coaches is key.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
If the stat below is true then this 3rd and Toney will get fixed in the bye. Our half-time adjustments seem yo be non-existant. Also, within the cast of thousands, don't we have people to self scout?

Last edited:

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Also, when there is a lack of quality depth at a position, that position gets WEAKER as the season progresses because of wear and tear on the starter.
Nah bro, we are loaded with NFL talent. Stacked with first rounders even..../ltraz prolly

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
If the stat below is true then this 3rd and Toney will get fixed in the bye. Our half-time adjustments are doing too well. Also, within the cast of thousands, aren't we self scouting?

Yep, LSU did what Mizzou did that others didn't on third down...catch wide open passes!

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Rough Night last night in the Swamp, but enjoyed the atmosphere for a while. It's taken til now to post while sitting at the Airport headed back home.

I initially picked 8-4 for us but feel like I have said earlier in the season that I will have to temper my expectations for the team this year. 6-6 will be an accomplishment. I've told several and really feel this, especially defensively this is a product of the lack of attention to the entire program for the last several years. Even though Mustank could recruit, he made his contributions. Many of us have said that this is not going to be an easy fix and it will take a while.

Some of you have stated that the staff gets a pass this year and I agree. But with that pass it must continue that recruiting keeps tracking as it is, culture improves, players stay out of jail, and at least play disciplined - meaning not stupid football.

I really hate the fact that we lost to LSU and I am really starting to hate those M'fers. I already hate Kelly. But this has got to be the year, not matter how painful, that the culture of the program and how it is run gets addressed. I hope that is what is going on currently. Time will tell. But this too will pass. I just hope we can eeeeeek out 6 wins to get this group some developmental time to practice during bowl season.

Hang in there all, it's gonna be dicey the rest of the way.

dz_23

Rich and Famous
Lifetime Member
Apr 3, 2016
LSU and their Social Media team has rubbed chit on our face four straight years and nothing we can do about it.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
We could call timeouts properly and play less than 10 yards off the receivers. Let’s start there.
Fun Pirate GIF by Pirate's Parley

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.