Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs McNeese State***

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
I felt like discipline was better. Special teams didn't make a jump so I think it is something that will be a theme all year. I'm not a big believer in yardage, especially when the defense is playing well as you're going to have better starting field position. That being said, this is not a good team and nothing I saw changed my opinion of the offense.

View attachment 61662 View attachment 61663

Sure, provide perspective with charts, wtf ;)

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I'm not going to harp on all the things I think is still VERY wrong with the team beacuse you learn NOTHING from playing a team inferior in athletes and organization. I will say ONE thing though that does NOT bode well for the rest of the games on the schedule with the exception of Charlotte I think the game made VERY clear. The Gators are incapable of any semblence of putting on a 'hurry up offense.' Period. They are a plodding, lumbering whale wholly dependent on a signal caller who does NOT change rhythm the way he runs the offense. Whether there is 13:00 min or 2:00 minutes left in the half or game Napier will NOT change the way he has them drive down field. It will be a methodical, systematic drive of play after play like they are on a Sunday stroll. Be damned what the scoere is. Napier did it again at the end of the half with McNeese. That was the perfect time to do hurry up and aclimate a team to pull that off when behind. NOT Napier. He simply ran out of time and ran off the field. Again this does not bode well for the rest of our schedule and we are going to have to live with it and hope we don't find oursevles behind and treating it like a scrimmage plodding down field because its a 'system method.' Ugh....

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
I'm not going to harp on all the things I think is still VERY wrong with the team beacuse you learn NOTHING from playing a team inferior in athletes and organization. I will say ONE thing though that does NOT bode well for the rest of the games on the schedule with the exception of Charlotte I think the game made VERY clear. The Gators are incapable of any semblence of putting on a 'hurry up offense.' Period. They are a plodding, lumbering whale wholly dependent on a signal caller who does NOT change rhythm the way he runs the offense. Whether there is 13:00 min or 2:00 minutes left in the half or game Napier will NOT change the way he has them drive down field. It will be a methodical, systematic drive of play after play like they are on a Sunday stroll. Be damned what the scoere is. Napier did it again at the end of the half with McNeese. That was the perfect time to do hurry up and aclimate a team to pull that off when behind. NOT Napier. He simply ran out of time and ran off the field. Again this does not bode well for the rest of our schedule and we are going to have to live with it and hope we don't find oursevles behind and treating it like a scrimmage plodding down field because its a 'system method.' Ugh....
You know what happens when every offensive play gains more than 3.3 yards. You win.

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017
Lol, how many guys from the last staff have to lose their jobs to Freshmen before we admit that the overall team Billy inherited wasnt very talented?
Princely bout to lost his job to Searcy, Dez is a back of the rotation player at DT, the young DBs are showing out, James is looking like the best backer we've had in a long time. We have a guy who arrived in June starting at WR, Young TEs look better than the starters,

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Lol, how many guys from the last staff have to lose their jobs to Freshmen before we admit that the overall team Billy inherited wasnt very talented?
Princely bout to lost his job to Searcy, Dez is a back of the rotation player at DT, the young DBs are showing out, James is looking like the best backer we've had in a long time. We have a guy who arrived in June starting at WR, Young TEs look better than the starters,

I think most of us know that. There were only a handful of people here that insisted otherwise.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
I don't know. Princely is certainly talented, true? What if he stays second or third on depth, goes to NFL and becomes a player? Will we then say Napier and Co played the wrong guys? Don't know. One thing we've seen for decades is, when a staff takes over, if their recruit is near the player inherited, they choose they play their recruit. So who knows. Right?

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Dude, it's called a blind spot. People get hurt. Just move on to your next project, never mind screwing your neighbors.
LOL! I have no idea what the hell you are talking about. First off I don't know you. And frankly I don't give a damn what you have to say outside of Gators subjects. I'm here for Gator football and all things Gators. I ignore the racism, homophobia and misogyny that passes across the transom on this board to revel in all things Gators. I don't comment personally on what people say outside of Gators subjects and I don't attack people for their opinons and beliefs no matter how I feel about them. So coming after me with a comment behind an anonymity shield and keyboard bravado says all I need to know about you. So in IOW, f*** off.

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
LOL! I have no idea what the hell you are talking about. First off I don't know you. And frankly I don't give a damn what you have to say outside of Gators subjects. I'm here for Gator football and all things Gators. I ignore the racism, homophobia and misogyny that passes across the transom on this board to revel in all things Gators. I don't comment personally on what people say outside of Gators subjects and I don't attack people for their opinons and beliefs no matter how I feel about them. So coming after me with a comment behind an anonymity shield and keyboard bravado says all I need to know about you. So in IOW, f*** off.
awkward koffee with karan GIF

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
If you really don't know what I'm talking about, you made my point. TYVM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.