• Neither

Votes: 60 47.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
My “expert” analysis, we have big problems at safety....

With the emergence of Miller at money linebacker, I hope we move Burney to safety. He has been practicing there I believe. Taylor just isn't fast or athletic enough. Stiner is even worse. One of them need to go. Stewart needs to get his head on straight.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Franks regressed. The biggest aspect was he again misread the give/keep read on the read option at least 4-5 times. That willingness last year made a big difference and it went away.

Second, he decided where he was throwing before it developed on multiple occasions.

Overall though, I think a lot of this is on Mullen not taking my advantage of MIami’s biggest defensive weakness - safeties. We challenged them (per the tv view) limited times but with open receivers nearly every time. But we kept throwing only screens and other passes that relied on beating a good cb and very good lb’s. I just didn’t understand the offensive gameplan and avoiding attacking the safeties deep across the middle (unless Mullen flat out does not trust Franks). Neither did Spurrier understand wtf we were doing.

Not an excuse, but Franks honestly didn’t have sufficient protection to be looking down the field very deep most snaps. Hopefully our o-line will gel quickly because it wasn’t doing jack shat last night. Ask our rb’s.

no1g8r

Bringing Reason to the dumb masses
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2017
Somebody used "immature" when describing Franks, I agree completely.

No doubt that Franks is immature, but I was happy to see him heaping praise in the O-line as being guys who don't get enough credit (even if he did ramble on too long about it). Their pass pro was a little leaky, but sound enough against a strong d-line to keep Franks from getting sacked most of the night.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015

As dominant as our DL was, their front 7 was as advertised, too, and dominated our OL. 50 yards rushing for the Mighty Gators. 3 of the 4 TO’s were cause by Franks being rushed by Miami’s defensive speed. (The 4th was a bad throw.)

And it seems EVERYONE has space in Franks’ head. But he also made some great plays that helped us win.

I don’t think that was the time and place for EJ to start. I don’t think this game means there’s “nothing to move on to.”

EJ should get good reps against the upcoming cupcakes. Then Mullen can start working him into bigger games &/or make the switch as needed.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Not an excuse, but Franks honestly didn’t have sufficient protection to be looking down the field very deep most snaps. Hopefully our o-line will gel quickly because it wasn’t doing jack shat last night. Ask our rb’s.

Completely disagree. There were a number of times Franks simply got happy feet and left a clean pocket. Even Herbstreit mentioned it. The pass protection was solid. It looked bad at times because Franks held on to the ball too long. He didn't trust what he was seeing. The run blocking was terrible.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
FIFY again.

escalated.gif

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Franks antics with the crowd and the camera are ridiculous. So much for him maturing and becoming a team leader. And he still leaves a lot to be desired at the QB position.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He was personally responsible for 4 turnovers and that game being close. He had no business running his mouth. He should've gone to the locker room after that win and apologized to his teammates for letting them down. I'm so freakin tired of his act.

I quoted this post to not only agree with you but say it again for all to read.

Franks needs to either stfu and worry about his performance or gtfo. I’d rather suffer with a wildcat offense all year without his bullshat than watch his punk ass act a fool one more time. Grow the fk up boy or gtfo.

fasonfan

Jesus Saves
Nov 1, 2017
I quoted this post to not only agree with you but say it again for all to read.

Franks needs to either stfu and worry about his performance or gtfo. I’d rather suffer with a wildcat offense all year without his bullshat than watch his punk ass act a fool one more time. Grow the fk up boy or gtfo.
"he's a character" explained it all really well from Kirk.

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
Refs definitely were anti Gator. They can suck a fat one along with the cocane fans.
Holy sheesh that's brutal hysterically brutal. I should not be reading such a comment heading off the church in a little while. Lol.

yes it was a win and a mess of a win but its not just another win because it came against Miami.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Franks is Franks. He ain’t changing so get used to it. The kid plays better with a chip on his shoulder. Do I wish he was more mature? Absolutely...but he won’t be here when he turns 50.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Completely disagree. There were a number of times Franks simply got happy feet and left a clean pocket. Even Herbstreit mentioned it. The pass protection was solid. It looked bad at times because Franks held on to the ball too long. He didn't trust what he was seeing. The run blocking was terrible.

The run blocking was the same as pass blocking: terrible.

You’d have happy feet too if you had to work behind that inexperienced line. Franks already isn’t settled in back there, so having the scUM d-line in the backfield almost instantaneously after the snap made it even worse.

We’ll just have to agree to disagree.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Tough game to watch as a Gator fan. Although neutral fans seemed to love it. Most of the issues (tackling for instance) are coachable and fixable. However, Franks' attitude, not his play,, concerns me. It'd be one thing if his play on the field was good enough to showboat over but...?

But I'm not going to go all "traz" on Mullen. I still think this team can be good and I am still onboard the Mullen train.

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
On the positive side, Millers play stood out along with the edge rushers. Some well played blitzes. A bit reminiscent of LSU in the other side not adjusting to the speed rush.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
A laundry list of complaints about the game last night. One positive I'll mention is that despite a ton of adversity (most of it self imposed), UF didn't wilt under the pressure. They did what it took to win.

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
I'm not sure Franks "sees" the field that well at all. I'm not sure he ever will. I don't think he will ever be a polished quarterback and be able to do the little things that put you on the next level.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
He was personally responsible for 4 turnovers and that game being close. He had no business running his mouth. He should've gone to the locker room after that win and apologized to his teammates for letting them down. I'm so freakin tired of his act.

Spurrier wouldn't have put up with it. That's for sure.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
A laundry list of complaints about the game last night. One positive I'll mention is that despite a ton of adversity (most of it self imposed), UF didn't wilt under the pressure. They did what it took to win.
I concur. Despite all our faults this is one thing that we can feel good about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator