Votes: 17 13.5%
  • Neither

Votes: 60 47.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sminings

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2017
Gators pulled out the W in spite of Franks. Cant wait for him to leave.

Was anyone else annoyed by Mullen in the post game? Saban would have been pissed if his team performed so poorly. Mullen was grinning ear to ear.

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
Gators pulled out the W in spite of Franks. Cant wait for him to leave.

Was anyone else annoyed by Mullen in the post game? Saban would have been pissed if his team performed so poorly. Mullen was grinning ear to ear.
I think Mullen was trying to put the best face on things as possible. It's always good to beat Miami but it's always ugly with some thuggery. A great win and likely state championship but I don't think we took full advantage of the national exposure for our program.

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
How much was Miami blitzing last night versus just using their front to control things

They gave everyone on our schedule tape on how to bring pressure and force Franks to roll out to his left where he is far less accurate. CDM has to figure out an answer for that.

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Nothing would make me happier than retiring the Franks project and breaking ground on the EJ project. If Trask could stay healthy, I would rather see him in than Franks. For every good throw Franks makes, there are 3 bad ones. Hard to get any consistency to the O with that.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Nothing would make me happier than retiring the Franks project and breaking ground on the EJ project. If Trask could stay healthy, I would rather see him in than Franks. For every good throw Franks makes, there are 3 bad ones. Hard to get any consistency to the O with that.

This - but it would take a bad loss for Mullen to do it.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Looking at some positives from the game:

1. I mentioned this before, but Ventrell Miller at money. He is has sideline to sideline speed. And on one play, was step for step with stud tight end Brevin Jordan about 25 yards downfield. Last year, Jordan scores on that play.

2. Jean Delance at RT. There were a few plays where I was blown away by his athleticism. Now, I've seen plenty of athletic linemen who couldn't block a grandmother. But, his talent provides Hevesy with a lot to work with.

3. Greenard was a leader last night on defense, helping point out adjustments presnap. While almost as good as Polite off the ball, he is significantly more physical.

4. There is a lot to build on. We played an elite defense last night. Our o-line held up better than expected in my opinion. Over the last few days, I've already posted what the nfl thinks of scUM's front 7. It is highly rated.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
giphy.gif

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Looking at some positives from the game:

1. I mentioned this before, but Ventrell Miller at money. He is has sideline to sideline speed. And on one play, was step for step with stud tight end Brevin Jordan about 25 yards downfield. Last year, Jordan scores on that play.

2. Jean Delance at RT. There were a few plays where I was blown away by his athleticism. Now, I've seen plenty of athletic linemen who couldn't block a grandmother. But, his talent provides Hevesy with a lot to work with.

3. Greenard was a leader last night on defense, helping point out adjustments presnap. While almost as good as Polite off the ball, he is significantly more physical.

4. There is a lot to build on. We played an elite defense last night. Our o-line held up better than expected in my opinion. Over the last few days, I've already posted what the nfl thinks of scUM's front 7. It is highly rated.

Considering their DEs the O line passed blocked better than I thought they would. The run blocking was very pedestrian however as that isn't Miami's strength though their tackles are above average.

The KY game believe it or not will tell us a lot about both lines as they have a good O line still and their D line is decent - they just lost that good pass rusher.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Considering their DEs the O line passed blocked better than I thought they would. The run blocking was very pedestrian however as that isn't Miami's strength though their tackles are above average.

The KY game believe it or not will tell us a lot about both lines as they have a good O line still and their D line is decent - they just lost that good pass rusher.

I was very disappointed with our run blocking as well for the same reason. Miami wasn't good against the run last season. We should have been able to do more to take pressure off of Franks. This group of o-linemen is much more talented than last year's. Whether they gel into a good unit is another story. Buchanan will always be the weak link. Our o-line won't face another front 7 like that until Oct. 12th.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
How much was Miami blitzing last night versus just using their front to control things
It was 100% logic. Franks is a crapshoot even with time in the pocket. Put people in his face and he's a bad percentage quarterback.

Expect to see a lot more of last night. Everyone knows the Achilles heel of Franks and this offense.

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
I just refuse to believe that Mullen is all in on Franks simply because of seniority until proven otherwise. I just can't imagine EJ being much better and yet second in line.

Besides do we even know if EJ is second or third in line? Did he even pass Trask yet? We don't have any redshirt excuses this year.

Loogis

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
I could post this in any of the several threads discussing Franks’ maturity, but did anyone notice he punted a ball into the stands after the game?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.