• Neither

Votes: 60 47.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I was very disappointed with our run blocking as well for the same reason. Miami wasn't good against the run last season. We should have been able to do more to take pressure off of Franks. This group of o-linemen is much more talented than last year's. Whether they gel into a good unit is another story. Buchanan will always be the weak link. Our o-line won't face another front 7 like that until Oct. 12th.

Not so sure about that. They don't have that pass rusher anymore but KY just might have better run stuffers than Miami in their front 7 - its probably close at least.

EyeDocGator

Politically Incorrect
Lifetime Member
Oct 26, 2015
I was doing a 24-hour blood pressure monitoring yesterday. Except for during the game it was perfect. I blame Franks for that. See sample data below:

Gator_BP Heading.jpg
Gator_BP.jpg

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Not so sure about that. They don't have that pass rusher anymore but KY just might have better run stuffers than Miami in their front 7 - its probably close at least.

Their DTs may be good. They certainly don’t have the talent they had last season at LB or DE. Teams like UK don’t replace a Josh Allen.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
giphy.gif
Bemused disgust if ever I've seen it (or in this case felt it). Spurrier is as real as it gets, as usual.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I could post this in any of the several threads discussing Franks’ maturity, but did anyone notice he punted a ball into the stands after the game?
The facepalm is for franks. I’d be furious if I was Mullen.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
They don’t have Josh Allen this year who just so happens to be absolutely destroying the NFL preseason. I knew he was good but didn’t know he was that good.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
A laundry list of complaints about the game last night. One positive I'll mention is that despite a ton of adversity (most of it self imposed), UF didn't wilt under the pressure. They did what it took to win.

Amen. 4 TO’s, 50 yds rushing and we win.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Amen. 4 TO’s, 50 yds rushing and we win.
This says it all. Plus, how many sacks did their defense produce against our over-matched OL? We had 10 against theirs. Not sure they actually got to Franks for a sack even once. This win is actually perfect for our development. No arrogant blowout that leads to complacency.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Did Copeland play last night? Seems like he’s was talked about as a break out player in camp. Like to see him or Toney get a crack at punt returns.

devincdoss

Jul 7, 2019
If last night wasn't case in point why Brad Stewart needs to keep his ass out of trouble and play every snap at safety I don't know what is. 29 is HORRIBLE back there. Only good he's done is help bring in Emory and Copeland.

BadowGator

The Chuckler
Sep 16, 2016
I really liked how the coaches realized that getting Toney the ball early was made a priority. But he takes his one reception the distance and doesn’t see another catch. What totally blew my mind is the lack of looks and touches both Jefferson and Grimes got. Neither had a target or reception in the first half. Emory might/should be seen sooner rather than later if we can’t even find a way to get our “stacked” wr group attempts to make plays. Pass rush lived up to expectations and I think we can all agree they were our saving grace.

Of no ones fault be my own as I always tend to have high expectations and come down to earth realizing it’s week 0 against a very reasonable opponent and rivalry game. I just anticipated a little bit more offense and the spreading of the ball around to these wideouts. Their talents are being wasted unfortunately. The coaches play calling was suspect, but they have to find a way to get these kids the ball. I’m also extremely relieved Perine was able to bounce right back in after what looked like a minor injury. That would have been a devastating blow in week 0. Always good to see too that it appears the entire team stayed relatively healthy. Props to savage.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I really liked how the coaches realized that getting Toney the ball early was made a priority. But he takes his one reception the distance and doesn’t see another catch. What totally blew my mind is the lack of looks and touches both Jefferson and Grimes got. Neither had a target or reception in the first half.

We only had 24 offensive snaps in the first half. A little better with 30 in the 2nd. They need to execute better to get more touches. And let’s remember, 4 4th down conversions. It was hard & heavy sledding for the OL. Their front 7 was as advertised.

BadowGator

The Chuckler
Sep 16, 2016
We only had 24 offensive snaps in the first half. A little better with 30 in the 2nd. They need to execute better to get more touches. And let’s remember, 4 4th down conversions. It was hard & heavy sledding for the OL. Their front 7 was as advertised.

Yeah. Mostly my expectations and anticipations of it all I guess. But this totally brings me down to earth a bit. Thanks!

Musclepug

never go full retard
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2018
Vernell Brown Jr. (@CoachVB_UF) tweeted at 1:56 AM on Sun, Aug 25, 2019:
2019 Camping World Kickoff Swamp Alumni sideline presence!!! You find a way to win when you are surrounded by decades of winners!!! #Pioneers #SwampAlumni #GatorAlways #GatorMade #GatorStandard @GatorsFB @CoachDanMullen Vernell Brown Jr. on Twitter
()

Bama&GatorFan

Friends in high places
Dec 5, 2015
I like the old saying that defense wins championships. If the secondary could stop getting pass interference calls, they would have had a good game. So with a good defense, they just need to score some points. If Franks will get his head right, I think they can score. They do need to get the ball to Toney more often.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator