***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs. Michigan***

What will the outcome be against Michigan?

• Win by less than 10

Votes: 76 42.5%
  • Win by 10+

Votes: 56 31.3%
  • Lose by less than 10

Votes: 28 15.6%
  • Lose by 10+

Votes: 19 10.6%

• Total voters

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
Competent is nice, but it’s a long way from great. That said, this was a great year and I enjoyed it immensely. Here’s hoping great is around the corner.

Treebeard

Oops, just stepped on a Lorax.
Lifetime Member
Dec 23, 2015
Competent is nice, but it’s a long way from great. That said, this was a great year and I enjoyed it immensely. Here’s hoping great is around the corner.

Becoming "competent" is a long step up from where we were at this point last year.

leogator

May 5, 2018
Becoming "competent" is a long step up from where we were at this point last year.
Yep, you need to learn how to walk without tripping all over yourself before you can run. Next year we need to learn how to not trip over the Kentuckys and Missouris.

Last edited:

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Many here including myself are not fond of Grantham BUT nobody has given the guy credit for his part in these wins. While we see many players out of position at times and being over aggressive on plays, we have done some nice things on D with several players who we may have doubted. Here is hoping we can load up on some good players in Feb...overall, good job Grantham.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
I didn't know Michael Jackson came back to life as a Michigan fan

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I don't know what crime you committed, but the judge hit you with excessive cruel and unusual punishment. Seek to have it overturned. Just my opinion.
He should know better than marrying a stripper.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
When are you hoes going to drop this shyt? It's gotta be tiring thinking about me all the time

Honestly, the fact is I never think about you. But when I stumble across your posts talking about 'us' and 'our team' I always picture the text in garnet and gold script.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
Honestly, the fact is I never think about you. But when I stumble across your posts talking about 'us' and 'our team' I always picture the text in garnet and gold script.
I'm shocked someone WHO doesn't think about me responds to me.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
1. Dan Mullen is a wizard: In one year at the helm, Mullen has completely reversed the outlook of the program and has the fanbase thinking about championships once again. To lead a program that lacked confidence, depth and development to a 10-win season in Year 1 is nothing short of spectacular. This wasn't a case of a program falling on hard times. It was a program neglected in every possible way by the Jim McElwain regime. Mullen changed everything, and it's paid immediate dividends.

Now comes the tricky part. Newfound hope also comes with accelerated expectations for a program that still is significantly behind two-time SEC East champion Georgia. Catching and surpassing the Bulldogs will take much longer than this quick turnaround, but that goal isn't just a pipe dream anymore.

Mullen was a home run hire when athletic director Scott Stricklin hired him last offseason. Now, it's looking more as if it was a grand slam.

2. Let the Franks hate go: Florida fans have been all over the redshirt sophomore quarterback during his first two seasons under center, but it's time to let that go. Franks isn't a superstar, but he's pretty darn good. His two touchdowns on Saturday brought him to 31 total scores on the season. That's four behind Gator legend Tim Tebow in 2009, who played in one more game than Franks. That's not to say that Franks should be compared to the 2007 Heisman Trophy winner and two-time national champion; anybody who does that should be immediately checked out by a team of doctors. But it does put into perspective what kind of season he had.

Franks has had the best season by a Florida quarterback this decade, and it's not even close. That's not a high bar, but to take in a new offense, deal with mounting pressure throughout the season and bookend it with a win over the stout Michigan defense is more than enough to endear him to Gator Nation.

4. The Gators defense is still a monster: New coaching staff, same ol' defensive results. Florida's defense under coordinator Todd Grantham didn't miss a beat in Year 1, and it punctuated its season by whipping the Wolverines in every facet.

Defensive back C.J. Henderson set the tone early with a sack of Patterson and consistent pressure, Gardner-Johnson shined in his final game and the front seven consistently confused the Wolverine offensive line with relentless and exotic pressure. Will that continue? That's a loaded question. While the scheme won't change and has proven to be successful, several stars played their last game on Saturday including Gardner-Johnson and star defensive lineman CeCe Jefferson.

At this point, though, you have to think that the identity of the program won't change, and the Gators will be back and better than ever sooner rather than later.

CBS Sports was with you the entire way Saturday updating this story with the latest scores, analysis and highlights from the 2018 Peach Bowl. If you are unable to view the live updates below, please click here.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yep. If he coached for roughly 140 years, he’d win a lot of games, lose a lot of big ones, and walk around like a big shot without a whole of actual accomplishments to show for his efforts.

Basically, he’d be Michigan football.
Hey... they won 1/2 a championship thirty years ago and a real one 70 years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb