***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs. Michigan***

What will the outcome be against Michigan?

• Win by less than 10

Votes: 76 42.5%
  • Win by 10+

Votes: 56 31.3%
  • Lose by less than 10

Votes: 28 15.6%
  • Lose by 10+

Votes: 19 10.6%

• Total voters

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Winning or losing this game is not going to change my perception of the good job Mullen did this year. We need a good outing for recruiting purposes but as long as were aren't shellacked, I think this season was a success either way.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Five thoughts on Florida-Michigan in the Peach Bowl
1. Aside from the name recognition, it's not a great matchup. It'll be their third meeting in three calendar years. It won't be as fun as UF-UCF would have been, as I wrote in today's Tampa Bay Times. The Jim McElwain angle is out. And the Wolverines will be without one of their best players, Rashan Gary, who is skipping the game to focus on the NFL draft. Speaking of which…

2. I'm curious to see how good Michigan's defense is. The Wolverines were one of the best … until the last game, when rival Ohio State torched them for 62 points and 567 yards. And now they'll be without a very talented defensive lineman. I'm still not expecting a shootout, but it might not be a McElwain-era performance, either.

3. The most interesting player in the game might be Michigan QB Shea Patterson. "Obviously, I am familiar with Shea Patterson and he has brought a new dimension to their offense," UF coach Dan Mullen said in a statement Sunday. That's because Mullen coached against Patterson when Mullen was at Mississippi State and Patterson was quarterbacking Ole Miss. So their history is interesting. Patterson threw 21 touchdown passes and five interceptions this year.

4. I'm also really interested in what UF does with backup QB Emory Jones. The blue-chip true freshman has appeared in three games, so he can play in the bowl game without burning his redshirt. So I'm expecting the Gators to use him in some sort of package. I don't know if that's two plays, 10 plays or 20 plays, but I'm curious to see how he looks in it, and how he fares against a very good Michigan defense.

5. Does the revenge factor matter? Michigan went on a revenge tour all season (at least until that Ohio State game), and the Wolverines have blown out UF twice recently, including the 2017 season opener. So maybe the Gators want to avenge those losses and destroy Michigan. Or maybe not. Bowl games are hard to read that way. I could see the Wolverines coming out angry after how they played against Ohio State … or I could see them playing half-hearted in what might be a disappointing spot for them. We'll find out on Dec. 29 in Atlanta.

ItsDookie87

...it's best to let him finish
BANNED
Sep 8, 2014
You think a top round draft pick would want to play if they are seeded low? Odds of winning vs. odds of being a top 10 pick if you don’t get hurt? These kids care about money and getting their family out of the hood

I want to say that this would eliminate the sitting out for any team in the playoffs but I'm sure there would eventually be a kid that would sit out which would make that false. I think that any top round draft pick with a chance to win it all will continue to play. An 8th seed may have a slim chance to win the championship but a player in the peach bowl has zero chance.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Damn. I don't think we match up well with them at all.

Sadly I agree. The only thing UF has going for it in my view is the loss to Michigan last year that should motivate the team. Michigan coming off a huge loss to Ohio State is likely to be motivated while UF coming off a big win over FSU may be complacent. Their strength, defense, is matched up against UF's weakness, offense.

Still you play the game and the pre-game analysis sometimes is just completely wrong. Hopefully UF will come out motivated to get double digit wins and the light really is on for the offense as the last 3 games indicate. Also hopefully UF's defense will come out strong and motivated.

One way or the other, I think we will know a lot about the offensive progress of this team after this game.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
giphy.gif

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Personally, I think Michigan is going to play like they have absolutely no interest in being there. I expect a double-digit win.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Sadly I agree. The only thing UF has going for it in my view is the loss to Michigan last year that should motivate the team. Michigan coming off a huge loss to Ohio State is likely to be motivated while UF coming off a big win over FSU may be complacent.

I think it will be the opposite. Michigan once having a playoff chance and getting embarrassed now has nothing to play for, and they are about to play a team that they have blown out the last two meetings. I don't think they care at all about this game. Even their best player is skipping it and focusing on the draft.

On the flip side, our guys are coming off of momentum of beating fsu, and now they can rectify an embarrassing loss from last year. If I were them, I'd want to make a statement and finish the season with 10 wins and in the top 10.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
If Meatchicken comes to play then it aint gonna be pretty. We will have to play flawlessly and outside of our normal passing game plan. Shyt we may have to roll out the triple option. But if we roll out the same offense as we have all year Brown will eat our lunch. Run game is going to have be lucky and maybe EJ will need 20 snaps.
If Meatchicken doesn't come to play let's hope they play like Testiclesee or halFaSsU did this year against us. And we have a fun Rout Day.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
With the news of Urban quitting, I'm sure Michigan will come in fired up. Really gonna depend on Franks if we compete or get blown out. EJ will definitely play, just not sure how much is in the plan. OSU killed them throwing the ball, I'm still not confident in Franks to be able to be consistent enough to do the same. Hopefully EJ gets several throws in the game as well.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
To those that think Michigan won’t be ready

:lmao2:

This is a maturity check for the Gators and how much playing the game of football means to them.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
With the news of Urban quitting, I'm sure Michigan will come in fired up. Really gonna depend on Franks if we compete or get blown out. EJ will definitely play, just not sure how much is in the plan. OSU killed them throwing the ball, I'm still not confident in Franks to be able to be consistent enough to do the same. Hopefully EJ gets several throws in the game as well.

Urban's "retirement" has nothing to do with this game and the Michigan players' motivation for it. There is no connection at all. I could make an argument that they would even be less focused on us because they are more looking forward to taking on Ohio St next year, but even that is stupid. His leaving won't make a difference either way.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
I think it will be the opposite. Michigan once having a playoff chance and getting embarrassed now has nothing to play for, and they are about to play a team that they have blown out the last two meetings. I don't think they care at all about this game. Even their best player is skipping it and focusing on the draft.

On the flip side, our guys are coming off of momentum of beating fsu, and now they can rectify an embarrassing loss from last year. If I were them, I'd want to make a statement and finish the season with 10 wins and in the top 10.

You certainly could be right and me wrong. What I hope is that Michigan comes to play and UF builds off the FSU win and we get a good measure of this team against another quality team playing well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb