***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Ole Miss***

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
For all his build up by Mullen ( "we don't have anyone that is as fast as him on our team" ) John Rhys Plumlee was a non factor in the game. Mullen had an intentional purpose to his comment. Intention fulfilled.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Turns out it was a tribute to Kobe Bryant.

Ei2i_nOX0AMl8My
:doh:

Rape In Peace.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
Thought I think Kiffin is a douche-canoe... saying Brian Johnson or Dan Mullen is a better OC right now... LSU's Brady from the Sean Payton tree who worked with NFL talent, then had 11 guys on NFL rosters starting last year is a much better situation than we are currently in. That's not to say that his offense might be special, we are off to a good start. But that comment is very orange and blue glasses on it.

I am saying that Lane Kiffin is better than Rich Rod. Brady, since he doesn't coach defense, has no place in what I said. My entire comment is about people acting like we just let last year's #14 in the SEC Will Muschamp 3 yards and a cloud of dust go off.

No, we faced last year's #3 offense in the SEC, now they have a better OC, and we still did as well as last year's natty. My point is being patient and see how we improve from week one instead of playing Chicken Little while ignoring the factual point that the Ole Miss offense, with a worse OC, did better against the National Champions last year. Maybe, let's do what I'm saying and let it play a week or two before crying the sky is falling.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I am saying that Lane Kiffin is better than Rich Rod. Brady, since he doesn't coach defense, has no place in what I said. My entire comment is about people acting like we just let last year's #14 in the SEC Will Muschamp 3 yards and a cloud of dust go off.

No, we faced last year's #3 offense in the SEC, now they have a better OC, and we still did as well as last year's natty. My point is being patient and see how we improve from week one instead of playing Chicken Little while ignoring the factual point that the Ole Miss offense, with a worse OC, did better against the National Champions last year. Maybe, let's do what I'm saying and let it play a week or two before crying the sky is falling.

Who is crying the sky is falling without Spring or Fall practices, we are one week into the season. Even in a regular season, it takes a about 2-4 games to get your legs under you. But to compare what LSU did with a questionable defense, to what we did saying the offense will manage. LSU's offense was an all-time offense, and Burrow is looking like the real deal even on the next level (only three game sample size). You lack the data for the comparison. We also don't know what kind of team this Ole Piss team is either... it could end up being a worse offense. Again we are dealing with a one game sample size. What we do know is due to poor recruiting we have deficiencies at Safety and Linebacker. That is fact, which unlike truth isn't disputable.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

Yeah, Im sure ole Fathead Todd will suddenly figure out that Stiner sucks and remember he forgot to recruit linebackers for the last three classes.

In a game or two.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

Well, at least he shyt all over Stiner.

But he says the 2 best safeties gone. Wake up Murphy, "Dr. Pressure" doesnt play his two best safeties. Never has. He played Stiner and Taylor. Stiner isnt going to be off the field next week either.

He also wouldnt have had to play freshmen. Perhaps you should have ensired Ole English was recruiting in the first two classes.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Did better than LSU's 2019 defense and this offense has a better OC, more experience, etc., but that LSU team ended like 4-8 right? Calm down, let's see it out.

When you point out how well Ole Miss did against LSU last year, don't forget that they couldn't play defense (as against us) and so lost to LSU, Alabama, etc.

Last year, we saw a defense that couldn't stop people when they needed to (3rd and Grantham). Saturday looked familiar, two 3rd and 19's.

I respect your positivity but observationally, I can't match it.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The concern I have is that we are supposed to be excited about our offense based upon a sample size of one game but we are not supposed to be concerned about our defense because of the small sample size.

How exactly does that work?

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The concern I have is that we are supposed to be excited about our offense based upon a sample size of one game but we are not supposed to be concerned about our defense because of the small sample size.

How exactly does that work?
Because the Offense wasn't missing critical pieces like the defense was. We had both starting safeties out and Campbell (not sure if he's going to play this year or not). That said, we're in trouble if every time a starter on defense gets hurt our defense all the sudden sucks. Our depth on defense is obviously very suspect and could make or break our season.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Because the Offense wasn't missing critical pieces like the defense was. We had both starting safeties out .
I know this is pumper pidgeon talk for now but it bullshyt.

Stiner is the starting safety PERIOD. Davis and Stewart barely get on the field. Yes, they are our best two safeties (per PFF and per Murph) but they ARE NOT starters and never have been.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

Maybe but the ingredients were there for a decent offense, all that was missing was more intelligent use of said ingredients.

Likewise, the holes at ILB and safety (both players and coaching at both positions) are well known and are also to be expected.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.