***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs South Carolina***

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Even with all the shenanigans surrounding the QB situation, I think we win this game. We’ve been embarrassed two weeks straight. We’ll come out fighting. If they flinch, give us a couple easy ones, we win. Franks will be focused knowing his chances are dwindling. He may even have a decent night since Chump lost TWO starting safeties last week. They’re playing Walk Ons at safety! If Franks doesn’t light it up tomorrow, he never will.

“I want to be better than Tom Brady,” to which I say “you’re not even better than Trask.”

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
I just get the feeling this team has quit. Not all of them ... but the quitters that are on the team. I dont see this offense scoring more than 2 TDs and one of those TDs will probably end in FG instead. 28-10 ... sigh.

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
I just get the feeling this team has quit. Not all of them ... but the quitters that are on the team. I dont see this offense scoring more than 2 TDs and one of those TDs will probably end in FG instead. 28-10 ... sigh.

My gut says the same after witnessing in person the virtually gutless game against Mizzou with maybe 60 thousand fans. D is giving up on Franks. Sensing an F the relentless effort if the O can’t score attitude similar to years past. Noon game in front of 50 thousand is not going to help.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016

Mullen got the team to respond after the Kentucky game, if this game goes how your seeing it. That’s a very bad sign for Mullen. The UGAy game wasn’t the outcome any of us wanted, but I could see the team fighting. Last week, not an once of fight. I think Mullen May try a trick play early like in the UGAy game to get this team pumped. The problem is executing it of course.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
While considering the current state of our team, the following came to mind:

Here's some quotes from John McKay, who won college national championships as coach of UCLA and was the coach of the expansion Tampa Bay Bucs:

When asked what he thought about the Bucs' execution in a game in which they were blown out, he said "I'm all for it".

"We didn't tackle well today but we made up for it by not blocking."

On the Bucs' poor special-teams play in a game: " They were absolutely horrible and that's the best thing I can say. Besides that they were bad."

"It's shattering when a player loses interest in camp. When you lose your desire to stand around and eat steaks, you lose everything."

Correction: McKay coached USC to championships, not UCLA. Thanks, Fire Foley!

Last edited:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Granted, my believing in Franks, is full-on floptimism ... but it's Franks' job to beat USCe Saturday. How can EJ outperform anyone with so little CFB maturation. And Mullen will not have the luxury for trial & error with EJ. In truth, I think Franks will outperform EJ next year to be UF's starting QB ... EJ & JJ will need 2019 to be developed up to "useable". We can only hope that stellar QB abilities show up with this crop in the immediate future?

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Granted, my believing in Franks, is full-on floptimism ... but it's Franks' job to beat USCe Saturday. How can EJ outperform anyone with so little CFB maturation. And Mullen will not have the luxury for trial & error with EJ. In truth, I think Franks will outperform EJ next year to be UF's starting QB ... EJ & JJ will need 2019 to be developed up to "useable". We can only hope that stellar QB abilities show up with this crop in the immediate future?
This sounds likely. Years more ineptitude. Too bad Trask is Glass Joe. Sure would have liked to see Trask get a shot. Franks Floptimism it is...

Can he beat their walk-on safeties? I think this will be Franks best game of the year.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I think I had 51 as my point total in pick 'em, so I'll go with either 28-23 or 31-20 (either way).

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
I think our O-line will step up and UF will score fairly well. I'm worried about our secondary and LB's in pass coverage. We should have beat them last year and I don't see Chimp beating us in the swamp and two years in a row. Shakey 28-24 good guys. GO GATORS

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Here's some quotes from John McKay, who won college national championships as coach of UCLA and was the coach of the expansion Tampa Bay Bucs:

When asked what he thought about the Bucs' execution in a game in which they were blown out, he said "I'm all for it".

"We didn't tackle well today but we made up for it by not blocking."

On the Bucs' poor special-teams play in a game: " They were absolutely horrible and that's the best thing I can say. Besides that they were bad."

"It's shattering when a player loses interest in camp. When you lose your desire to stand around and eat steaks, you lose everything."

Always loved McKay and his quotes and he was a good college football coach, but one small correction, McKay coached USC to championships, not UCLA.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
McKay was hilarious ........I hope we choke some cchickens today.........consume some wings.........We need to turn this season around right now. Get that mojo back we had after UT, MISS ST AND LSU

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.