***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs South Carolina***

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The win is great. The fact that WM absolutely lost his mind because every single call didn’t go his way, makes it awesome. Eat it, took bag.

It is a great feeling watching chimp going nuclear on the sidelines, and he is someone else’s problem. It’s especially sweet that UF is causing the meltdown.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Sloppy game, but we knew it would be with the rain. Our Gators stood tall and figured out a way to win even when they got behind in the 2nd half. Got a no-call or two in our favor, but SC got one or two of those as well so it pretty much evens out. Use this up coming week off to get healthy. We're gonna need the studs in Jacksonville. Go Gators!
:chomp:

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
I always enjoyed watching that vein on his forehead pop out when he was screaming his head off. Saw it again today
:law:

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I know this win was hard on you but try to enjoy it.:grin:

Your point basically boils down to: UF either outtalents or plays teams with horrendous coaching. You’re wrong. Plain and simple. There’s a reason that Mullen is widely considered an offensive genius by other coaches and the media. He could be better but I’m glad we have him compared to the options at the time and who we’ve had in the past. Might even surprise some people this year. Worst case this year is 5-3 in the SEC with major deficiencies on the roster. We agree on some of the assistants but every team has some underperformers to boot.

That said, I’m going to enjoy today. You’re still a fave of mine - insane bias and all.

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
If you really expect ANY Gator worth his salt to not believe every penalty and questionable play that doesn't go our way isn't cheating (or whatever) then YOU need help, seriously!:D

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
This team goes as far as Trask can take it.

we are woeful in the trenches on both sides of the ball.

Only good for one explosive play in the running game. It was nice though.

so inconsistent on defense. People are finding our weaknesses personnel and scheme wise. Conditioning is saving us.

but, dan let Kyle take the reins and got the calls right when he needed to. Chump chomped.

PhD Gator

UF Ph.D. 2011
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I'm curious how not a single person on this message board was able to recognize that there might be rain during this game that would potentially affect it. We really missed that one, disappointed in us as a group.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
You’re my fave @ltraz, but mostly on non-game days. Of course you’re right. Every team we play is significantly disadvantaged in talent or has trash coaches. Our coaches sure are lucky with this easy schedule and abundance of talent. I’m guessing we only win 4 next year since Mullen loses so much and things just have to balance out over time.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Gators lose in br, and lose 2 of our MVPs on D. roosters win in athens with their 3rd string(?) qb. Gators can't possibly go into Columbia overconfident, can they??? I hope DM has our boys ready, because I see a struggle that's closer than it should be, unless we see our D bounce back.

Gators 34
roosters 27

Disclaimer - I suck at predictions

So, I had a rare decent prediction this week. Nailed scar's score, but shortchanged the Gators by 4 points.

Sloppy win, but it's a win. The last 8 minutes were low stress, but I hope none of the injuries were major. We get 2 weeks to heal up before the playing the buttsniffers. Really hoping we get Greenard and Zu back!

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Its not, you’re just choosing specific examples to support your opinion. We beat Auburn, a more talented team with well regarded coaches. Miami has similar talent but we out coached them. UT somehow has similar talent but we outcoached them. UK has less talent and outcoached us for a portion of the game but FF injuries forced change - and Mullen outcoached again. I don’t know what to make of todays game. So much inconsistency its tough to tell who it was on but we still won. Didn’t look like “outtalenting” though. We never overpowered or outran them. I mean, if your point is that Saban, Meyer, and Swinney are better HCs - no argument. But Mullen is definitely that next tier and is the best we’re getting anytime soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.