***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs South Carolina***

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
His cuteness is so annoying to the point of being unwatchable at times...he loses a lot of games he shouldn’t and honestly when it works it’s great...but they HAVE to the the luckiest team in college football history

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
..but they HAVE to the the luckiest team in college football history
you know I kind of look at it as the other way. they should be that clearly the second or third best team in the SEC West every year, and they're not sometimes because of his extreme sideways razzle dazzle running offense.

his kind of offense is high risk low reward and he can lose to anybody on any given day.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
you know I kind of look at it as the other way. they should be that clearly the second or third best team in the SEC West every year, and they're not sometimes because of his extreme sideways razzle dazzle running offense.

his kind of offense is high risk low reward and he can lose to anybody on any given day.

He’s a riverboat gambler...very much like Les Miles at LSU...very stubborn...and the finesse he tries to use is mismanaged...Eli Stove and Anthony Schwartz are criminally underutilized as traditional slot guys

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He’s a riverboat gambler...very much like Les Miles at LSU...
Les Miles was VERY conservative, primarily using that toss sweep or toss counter... until the fourth quarter or if he was down by a lot or felt pressure to score a bunch.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
Him going for it on fourth down 7 times a game is conservative?

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
SOS used to run the same play endlessly until they stopped it. Then he threw to the area exposed when they double teamed or whatever, underneath the safeties if they went cover 3 or cover 4.

Ive never understood the mindset of "if a play works, circle it and come back to it in the fourth" and just keep running your options or whatever. I really like what Brian Johnson and Mullinz are cooking. Maybe w SOS adding spices?

It definitely isnt your daddy's Dan Mullin offense though.
And what a relief it is to see it. I really respect CDM, but I do view him as being mind-numbingly stubborn and it really makes me feel better to see him revisit a long held assumption. Now if he would take a similar look at the defensive staff and recruiting... I know, I'm getting greedy now.

Last edited:

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015

They lose 2-3 games every year they have no business losing, usually.

It’s baffling how he’s survived those types of ups and downs.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
They lose 2-3 games every year they have no business losing, usually.

It’s baffling how he’s survived those types of ups and downs.

Cause he beats Saban every 2-3 years...that’s enough

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Found this simulation of the SC game from EASports. They were surprisingly accurate on the Ole Miss simulation final score (50-29).
Pretty funny stuff. Here's my notes:
Lingard (#1) scores the first TD of the game with Toney (#1) also on the field. :lol:
Pierce had 100 yds at the half - finished with 160 yds rushing
Wells had a TD :lol:
Pitts only had two catches, both with less than 7 minutes left in the game :lol:
Trask threw for 234 yds, and get this...................he ran for 65! :lol:
Gators win 24-10

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
Found this simulation of the SC game from EASports. They were surprisingly accurate on the Ole Miss simulation final score (50-29).
Pretty funny stuff. Here's my notes:
Lingard (#1) scores the first TD of the game with Toney (#1) also on the field. :lol:
Pierce had 100 yds at the half - finished with 160 yds rushing
Wells had a TD :lol:
Pitts only had two catches, both with less than 7 minutes left in the game :lol:
Trask threw for 234 yds, and get this...................he ran for 65! :lol:
Gators win 24-10

I’ll take any win we can get this year

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

And he can beat anybody on any given day... That's what is so perplexing. Seems like every year they win one they shouldn't and then turn around and lose one they shouldn't. There's just no consistency... you never know what you're going to get. I know Auburn fans are frustrated as hell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator