Founding Member
and they don't know how to tackle

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
remember when we had Reggie nelson? we got away from trying to play Earl Anthony Joyner outside of the box. he just wasn't very good in coverage but was a lot of help and run support. we were pretty undersized on the line back then too and needed him up the up front.

when I first saw Reggie Nelson running off the screen and like 17 yd deep I thought at first it was a punt defense.

maybe we need to do something like that if we can find somebody back there who can tackle and is fast. obviously that's not Stiner.

Mgnihilo

Founding Member
South Carolina Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Found this simulation of the SC game from EASports. They were surprisingly accurate on the Ole Miss simulation final score (50-29).
Pretty funny stuff. Here's my notes:
Lingard (#1) scores the first TD of the game with Toney (#1) also on the field. :lol:
Pierce had 100 yds at the half - finished with 160 yds rushing
Wells had a TD :lol:
Pitts only had two catches, both with less than 7 minutes left in the game :lol:
Trask threw for 234 yds, and get this...................he ran for 65! :lol:
Gators win 24-10

This might be MOM but what happened to Lingard? Is he still hurt? I don't remember hearing his name at all last week.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Not sure if it’s been posted but looks like Emory might be out for a bit so AR is now #2...better keep Trask healthy

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Would love to see us jump all over SC and get a big lead, and just give AR15 the fourth quarter for experience.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Not sure if it’s been posted but looks like Emory might be out for a bit so AR is now #2...better keep Trask healthy

SDS posted tweet saying EJ has a brace on his throwing hand.

Mullen said he expects everyone who should be available to be ready barring any Covid positive test results.

Says under the circumstances this year he will no longer discuss injuries or absences.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This might be MOM but what happened to Lingard? Is he still hurt? I don't remember hearing his name at all last week.
From what I've heard he's having trouble with the playbook and QB protection. We've got a solid stable of RBs, but he could be a difference maker if he gets his schist together. We won't know much about injury status as LongTooth reported what Mullen said 'will no longer discuss injuries or a absences'. :gah:

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
remember when we had Reggie nelson? we got away from trying to play Earl Anthony Joyner outside of the box. he just wasn't very good in coverage but was a lot of help and run support. we were pretty undersized on the line back then too and needed him up the up front.

when I first saw Reggie Nelson running off the screen and like 17 yd deep I thought at first it was a punt defense.

maybe we need to do something like that if we can find somebody back there who can tackle and is fast. obviously that's not Stiner.
I hope we do too. I'm not a coach or a former player, and don't pretend to comprehend the nuances of the game like some here obviously do. But a blind man can see that Stiner and McWilliams are subpar talent-wise and cannot be relied upon against any O with a pulse. Apparently, we have some quality help on the way at safety - with a chance at more yet to come. Unfortunately, the need for improved secondary play is immediate and the answer to the current void at safety remains illusive - to say the least. I'm more optimistic about the CBs as long as McWilliams is not a significant factor in the rotation. It would really suck if the season tanks because of the apparent paucity of talent/coaching at those positions.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Would love to see us jump all over SC and get a big lead, and just give AR15 the fourth quarter for experience.

SC gave us trouble the last two years; we were down 20-17 in the 4th quarter last year (we scored 3 TDs in about 5 minutes to win by double digits) and in 2018 we were down 10 going into the 4th quarter and made the big comeback to win 35-31. I wouldn't expect a blowout - but if we do blow them out I'll take it as a good sign.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
Trask is the key to a big year regardless of who backs him up. Honestly though, AR looks like a monster talent and the prototypical fit for DM's O. I can't help but look forward to the battle between those two for the QB job once Trask moves on.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Trask is the key to a big year regardless of who backs him up. Honestly though, AR looks like a monster talent and the prototypical fit for DM's O. I can't help but look forward to the battle between those two for the QB job once Trask moves on.

Agreed on all accounts but AR is not ready. I’d still feel pretty comfortable with Emory running the offense if Trask went down.

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
One of SC starting corners and linebackers is out for this game. I know their defense will be better than Ole Miss and they have played us tough the last 2 years, but I think Trask is going to light them up.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
You jack offs are the only one's I've seen mention Jones apparent hand injury, fuching loyalgator didn't start that rumor did he?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.