***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Tennessee***

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
I really don't think there was a play called for that. I believe they wanted something intermediate and on the sideline to give Eddie a chance but it was covered. He rolled out, saw Cleveland and the rest is history.

Last edited:

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I really don't think there was a play called for that. I believe they wanted something intermediate and on the sideline to give Eddie a chance but it was covered. He rolled out, say Cleveland and the rest is history.
That's pretty much what Mac said in the presser. Two guys went intermediate, only one was across the 50 (barely) and two went deep. If Franks doesn't get flushed, we are going to OT.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
That was a heck of a pass by Franks. Not a Hail Mary either. He saw Cleveland behind the DB and threw a 63 yard strike. Del Rico does not make that play.

Well duh...Del Rio would have overthrown it by 17 yards and into the stands.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
And probably would have lost....old Mo was not on our side.
That and defense was gassed again. I really think they have to open things up a little. Franks has definitely been protecting the ball better than I expected.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Well duh...Del Rio would have overthrown it by 17 yards and into the stands.
With a chance to wind up and running forward, Del Rio probably could have thrown that 90 yards, maybe more. Dont doubt it bro, you flea head.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Great win. God smiled on our Gators. It's odd to hear that the long pass wasn't even the play call.

I'm going to enjoy beating the trash from Tenn. There'll be plenty of time to bash Mac later.

Sep 29, 2015
I was at the game. It was strange, compelling, maddening, and thrilling all rolled into one. From the tv maybe you could add boring given the offensive (double entendre intended) ineptitude, but it wasn't from the stands, believe it or not. That's partly a credit to the crowd, which was pretty enthusiastic throughout and great at the end.

To the latter point, when it appeared Mac was content to run out the final dozen or so seconds and to go into OT, he was booed mercilessly and eventually called the timeout that precipitated Franks' fateful heave.

A couple of observations, likely all of which have already been made, but who knows right?

The young corners are going to be really good. Yeah there were some mistake and missed tackles, but Wilson and Henderson look like they could be lockdown bookend corners for us for the next few years. They were almost always in a good position despite being left on an island.

Toney was electric and the only guy who had a pulse for most of the game on offense. He's another freshman who could be a major contributor in the next few years.

Hammond is serviceable, but Callaway and Cleveland on the field together would really put a lot of pressure on opposing secondaries. Beyond Toney and Cleveland, none of the other receivers really stand out.

We've all but abandoned the TE position.

Malik Davis and Lemons flashed serious potential.

Franks looked to be really accurate most of the night. Toney somehow dropped a perfect deep pass to his chest in the endzone; other times throws were on the mark it coverage was right (that goes to the inability of most of the receivers to get separation against a poor secondary). I expect his decision making to improve each and every game. He could be really good if Nuss gives him some rope or, preferably, gets put out to pasture.

O line was disappointing, again. Franks didn't have much time. Running lanes were few and far between. It's no wonder Michigan with a top notch front 4 savaged us.

Nearly all of the key moments occurred in the endzone where the recruits were sitting, including the Cleveland catch, Davis run/fumble and Franks' first TD to Powell (yes that's probably all of them). I imagine the atmosphere in the locker room after the game had an impact on a few of them.

Lastly, kudos to the young defense. Under pressure all game and met the challenge almost every time. The goatbangers had great field position all night and while there was plenty of bend in the defense, they held on and gave Franks the chance to do what he did.

Despite the anguish we get from this team more often than is acceptable, it's ALWAYS great to send those toothless inbreds home to their trailers with their creamsicle rags stained by the tears of despair and failure.

Go Gators.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
I was at the game. It was strange, compelling, maddening, and thrilling all rolled into one. From the tv maybe you could add boring given the offensive (double entendre intended) ineptitude, but it wasn't from the stands, believe it or not. That's partly a credit to the crowd, which was pretty enthusiastic throughout and great at the end.

To the latter point, when it appeared Mac was content to run out the final dozen or so seconds and to go into OT, he was booed mercilessly and eventually called the timeout that precipitated Franks' fateful heave.

A couple of observations, likely all of which have already been made, but who knows right?

The young corners are going to be really good. Yeah there were some mistake and missed tackles, but Wilson and Henderson look like they could be lockdown bookend corners for us for the next few years. They were almost always in a good position despite being left on an island.

Toney was electric and the only guy who had a pulse for most of the game on offense. He's another freshman who could be a major contributor in the next few years.

Hammond is serviceable, but Callaway and Cleveland on the field together would really put a lot of pressure on opposing secondaries. Beyond Toney and Cleveland, none of the other receivers really stand out.

We've all but abandoned the TE position.

Malik Davis and Lemons flashed serious potential.

Franks looked to be really accurate most of the night. Toney somehow dropped a perfect deep pass to his chest in the endzone; other times throws were on the mark it coverage was right (that goes to the inability of most of the receivers to get separation against a poor secondary). I expect his decision making to improve each and every game. He could be really good if Nuss gives him some rope or, preferably, gets put out to pasture.

O line was disappointing, again. Franks didn't have much time. Running lanes were few and far between. It's no wonder Michigan with a top notch front 4 savaged us.

Nearly all of the key moments occurred in the endzone where the recruits were sitting, including the Cleveland catch, Davis run/fumble and Franks' first TD to Powell (yes that's probably all of them). I imagine the atmosphere in the locker room after the game had an impact on a few of them.

Lastly, kudos to the young defense. Under pressure all game and met the challenge almost every time. The goatbangers had great field position all night and while there was plenty of bend in the defense, they held on and gave Franks the chance to do what he did.

Despite the anguish we get from this team more often than is acceptable, it's ALWAYS great to send those toothless inbreds home to their trailers with their creamsicle rags stained by the tears of despair and failure.

Go Gators.

Good Write-up

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
giphy.gif

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Just finished watching the game late last night...what an amazing finish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lots of positives from the game:

Franks play overall

Run game got a better

Toney may be our #2 WR for the time being. Great game and is awesome with the ball in his hands

Davis looks like he should be starting RB if he can hold onto the ball

Never give up attitude

Defense played great once again....if only they didn't have to play ~80% of the 2nd half

Young DBs look pretty good even though it was vs a sub par offense

D line played well overall again

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator