***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Tennessee***

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
giphy.gif

With all the talk about the similarities in Franks' and Grier's throws, has anyone mentioned the TD passes that preceded those scores in each respective year?

Both to Powell on little underneath routes out of the backfield where he dives in for the score. Also really similar.

(around 12:00 mark)
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tujQURN11z0

Last edited:

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
I was at Penn State (BIL is a grad, cheap tickets for my 8 yr old to experience a football stadium), so we DVR'd the game. Found a Primanti's (recommend it if you can find one) and we watched the first half then headed to the stadium. They had Gator game clips going on their big screen as we approached, then flipped to PSU propaganda...but no other schools got anything shown ;)

Wife and I had nosebleed seats while the BIL took my son to midfield. Wife and I listed to the last quarter on the ramps up via Tune-In app on the phone. We were screaming and jumping around looking like fools with that end of game catch, but didn't care in the slightest. Got home around 1AM, so the replay had to wait until Sunday.

I watched it all, even the boring as hell first half.

More vertical passing than I've seen in the past few years. Not just the game winner, but other attempts (incompletes) going vertical.
Toney - love him. Moar touches please.
Franks - has the arm, which we knew. Let's get him some routes to hit now. But it all starts with the blocking (OL and RB)
7 players with receptions. Spread it around, yes!
Davis at RB, Yes. I don't put the fumble on him (yeah, him, but great D).
Wilson getting it done as a freshman. Love it.
Polite and Zuniga causing pressure and not letting up. Love it.
Pineira 2/2....though, it is expected, I don't want to take it for granted.
Overall play calling was better, and executed better. Not good, but better.

DisLikes:
Henderson being relied on when there is still some growing up to do.
Blocking by OL and any RB....any at all, please.
Some missed tackles, but not enough that I felt it would cost us the game.
Time management from the Les Miles online school for dummies.
Moments where the play calling left me wondering wtf. Not as many, but they are still there.

Bonus:
Upon watching the whole game, by DVR stopped recording with 58 seconds left and UT about to kick to tie. Meh.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Bonus:
Upon watching the whole game, by DVR stopped recording with 58 seconds left and UT about to kick to tie. Meh.

That's why I always set it to record the following two programs as well. Just in case the game runs long. They usually do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator