***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Tennessee***

How many yards will Trask pass for against UT?

• 199 or less

Votes: 7 5.5%
  • 200 to 250

Votes: 56 44.1%
  • 251 to 299

Votes: 42 33.1%
  • 300 to 399

Votes: 21 16.5%
  • 400+

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters

GatorFL

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2017
Danny was an allstate and state champion QB. This might be the silliest comparison ever.

Danny's form was weird and his arm weak, like Morningweg weak.

Trash form is actually pretty picture perfect and his arm is strong, jist not freakish like Franks.

You should try to find another player who didnt play since middle school for a comparison. Of course, Im fairly certain there are none.
I was referring to Trask being humble and doing what is right, not physical abilities. Your hatred for Trask obviously left you blind to the comparison.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
And .. it is easier to pass block than run block. The point is ... if you actually watch the LOS you will see that they aren't just getting beat because they are too slow to get to their assignment, they are getting beat consistently by their assignment. It isn't scheme ... its execution.

Look ... I am a huge hater on the baseline plays CDM runs. I like to see more of what you . But you seem to think that our players are getting thrown under the bus because they dont fit the scheme when in fact the scheme is there to give them an advantage against their assignment. Our OL just aren't good enough to go straight at the other side. They are getting beat by their assignments consistently as it is, even when they get to pull out and block downhill on them.

I don’t think a simple change of scheme is magically going to make a bad run game into a good run game but it might make it a better run game. Also I think the effectiveness we had running the ball late wasn’t just a tired D but having a true option qb executing the option game.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
I don’t think a simple change of scheme is magically going to make a bad run game into a good run game but it might make it a better run game. Also I think the effectiveness we had running the ball late wasn’t just a tired D but having a true option qb executing the option game.

I totally agree. Trask looks to be really good at play action so far, the few plays we have run ... its not that I disagree with everything you are saying, its just that you can't make a sh!t sammy taste good ... it is still a sh!t sammy.

But we have a great group of WRs that should stoke a whole lot of fear in opposing DCs. I want to see pass first run second a whole lot more ... but CDM just keeps running that stupid RPO on 1st down as if something different is going to happen.

EDIT: SOS would cruise down the field through the air then burn them with a draw. CDM keeps RPO'ing into the backs of our defeated OL then hussling through the air to make up the loss.

EDIT EDIT: Maybe we should grab Hevesy and Mullens, find a whiteboard and school them.

Last edited:

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Glad we got that all straightened out. BTW when I said EABOD I meant it in the kindest way possible :lol:

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Glad we got that all straightened out. BTW when I said EABOD I meant it in the kindest way possible :lol:

Its a message board ... I go right past that and give it right back. It aint gonna hurt my feelings. Its how I roll and it seems to be the way GC rolls.

Last edited:

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Danny was an allstate and state champion QB. This might be the silliest comparison ever.

Danny's form was weird and his arm weak, like Morningweg weak.

Trash form is actually pretty picture perfect and his arm is strong, jist not freakish like Franks.

You should try to find another player who didnt play since middle school for a comparison. Of course, Im fairly certain there are none.
I think he was talking about character and mental agility..........

MADGator

This space intentionally left blank
Jan 28, 2015
@ netang I think youre on point. I think FF started bc cdm may not have wanted to mess with locker room chemistry. Trask probably didnt distance himself in practice

I'm going to hope it was the "Trask probably didn't distance himself in practice" line of thinking, because if he was performing in practice like he has in his short time on the field, well, my confidence in CDM and staff would be destroyed.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I'm going to hope it was the "Trask probably didn't distance himself in practice" line of thinking, because if he was performing in practice like he has in his short time on the field, well, my confidence in CDM and staff would be destroyed.

It really shouldn't. There are numerous examples of players that were average in practice(which most camp reports have indicated) but great when the lights are on. The Dean/Wuerffel battle may be the most famous.

I think there are just plays that Franks could make that Trask can't. In addition, as Mullen has pointed out in the past, Franks seems to be able to brush off bad plays where Trask has shown a tendency to get down on himself(which didn't happen Saturday and may have been the most encouraging thing to me). So every cocky OC is going to see a guy like FF and think they can be the one that gets him over than hump, which is why so many were excited going into the season. How many times did we hear the whole "next step" mantra in the spring and summer. I just think Mullen squeezed it all out of him last year, and his ceiling was reached.

But honestly, as much as we've looked ugly at times this season and last, I don't know that we've lost any games directly because of Franks. Maybe Mizzou or uga last year.But even there we couldn't stop the opponent, and I think lose regardless. So while it may have been a bad gamble to keep putting him out there, I think we actually come away unscathed, with Uk being the ultimate lucky roll.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
@soflagator I think he did let a bad play get to him. He threw that pick towards Krull immediately after taking an atrocious sack. He had like 6 plus seconds in the pocket and could’ve bailed left for a big gain at anytime. I could be wrong but I’m pretty sure he forced that pass to try and make up for the sack.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
They are getting beat by their assignments consistently as it is, even when they get to pull out and block downhill on them.

You mean like when the KY backup NG shoved Buchanan right into Trask’s lap?

(Of course, he immediately needed oxygen, but still...)

Thought Criminal

Lifetime Member
Jul 31, 2018
Yeah we were sitting in the West stands right across from the TN band on the student side. They cut loose with that nagging tune at least 10 times. They were playing Rocky Flop to celebrate first downs since the Vols weren't doing anything on the scoreboard.
That's so strange. We were up in that corner, above the band, I guess we just didn't notice it.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
EDIT EDIT: Maybe we should grab Hevesy and Mullens, find a whiteboard and school them.
they know. they are just stubborn. and wedded to it.

just like SOS was to keeping QBs under center.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You mean like when the KY backup NG shoved Buchanan right into Trask’s lap?
Buchanan is garbage. I have no clue why he was ever on the field. He always needs help. It puts us at a bad numbers disadvantage on most plays.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think there are just plays that Franks could make that Trask can't.
Giraffe can run a little and pass a little.
EJ can run, but can't pass.
Trash can pass, but can't run.

When you have a coach that wants to run the option 70-85% of the time, the choice was pretty easy.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

When you have a coach that wants to run the option 70-85% of the time, the choice was pretty easy.
:facepalm:

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Your bias makes you a fool.

The difference is not so great. Franks was faster, but Trask is no Peyton Manning. He is functional as a runner which is what's needed. If he could run like Vick, sure that would be a bonus, but get your trash out of here.

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Please call him by his name, it’s beyond ridiculous. I get it you love to troll, but no need to direct it at a class act kid who is all Gator. I am right there with you on Butters, Chimp, Burp, etc. Man up and quit bashing a good kid and Gator.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Please call him by his name, it’s beyond ridiculous. I get it you love to troll, but no need to direct it at a class act kid who is all Gator. I am right there with you on Butters, Chimp, Burp, etc. Man up and quit bashing a good kid and Gator.

You will have to wait a few years. At least after puberty.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014

This x1000. Trolls are not worth wasting your time on. The ignore feature is great.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
I’m starting to think I don’t want @Swamp Donkey to call him by his real name. So far Swonk disparages KT and the kid does well. What if Swonk not disparaging him would cause him to play poorly? I think maybe we shouldn’t jinx it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator