***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Texas A&M***

What will be the result of the Texas A&M game?

• Gators win by 1 to 9

Votes: 43 36.1%
  • Gators win by 10+

Votes: 58 48.7%
  • A&M wins by 1 to 9

Votes: 14 11.8%
  • A&M wins by 10+

Votes: 4 3.4%

• Total voters

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Im still feeling pretty confident about this.

Chokin Dwag's defense will continue to stink like a homeless man's ass,but Mond and Franks gonna Mond and Franks versus pressure.

Avenger48c

No Longer Cautiously Optimistic
Lifetime Member
Aug 24, 2019
Apologies if this is MOM, but Hurricane Delta is pretty large and College Station isn't too far from where it's supposed to make landfall. It'll probably be a windy, rainy Saturday at TX A&M, hopefully that doesn't put a damper on our passing attack.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
Apologies if this is MOM, but Hurricane Delta is pretty large and College Station isn't too far from where it's supposed to make landfall. It'll probably be a windy, rainy Saturday at TX A&M, hopefully that doesn't put a damper on our passing attack.

What is MOM?

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
National Weather Service says Saturday will be mostly sunny with a high of 90 in College Station.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014

I don't want to be rude but College Station to Beaumont, TX which is on the outer edge of the storm is roughly 180 miles. I don't think we're going to be worrying about weather.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The actual meaning of MOM

Reporting something that is old news. Like if someone posted that man was on the moon.
Man On Moon = MOM
5d31136ee5e4a.image.jpg

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Here's the best podcast available for Gator Football and their episode from this week. It's long and really good. TWSS If can get through (or fast forward past) their recognition of "donos" it's really good content.

6:00 Opening Thoughts

19:35 O vs USC

1:02:33 D vs USC

1:49:30 Coaching Corner

2:00:00 National Recap

2:20:40 A&M Prep

2:44:21 Keys & Prediction

2:50:01 National Games Prep

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
Here's the best podcast available for Gator Football and their episode from this week. It's long and really good. TWSS If can get through (or fast forward past) their recognition of "donos" it's really good content.

Funny how many ppl are picking us to win and quite a few say we’re gonna score 50+

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

They nailed it regarding the defense and it's not encouraging at all. It just reinforces a lot of what I've been thinking. In his third year Grantham's defense has progressively gotten worse and they have not recruited to get it better. We are just too damn light on the line and at linebacker, our schemes are stupid and our attempts at "tackling" without using arms is chronic and not getting better. I'm sticking with this defense losing us 2 games this year.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
They nailed it regarding the defense and it's not encouraging at all. It just reinforces a lot of what I've been thinking. In his third year Grantham's defense has progressively gotten worse and they have not recruited to get it better. We are just too damn light on the line and at linebacker, our schemes are stupid and our attempts at "tackling" without using arms is chronic and not getting better. I'm sticking with this defense losing us 2 games this year.

I don't have the time to review each SEC schools classes, but I'd be willing to bet a large sum that UF is the only school that signed two DT's in two classes (18 & 19, with only 1 still here....and not playing). It's mind blowing. An SEC football team signs TWO DT's in two consecutive classes. It's criminal and completely irresponsible.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I don't have the time to review each SEC schools classes, but I'd be willing to bet a large sum that UF is the only school that signed two DT's in two classes (18 & 19, with only 1 still here....and not playing). It's mind blowing. An SEC football team signs TWO DT's in two consecutive classes. It's criminal and completely irresponsible.

It's complete and utter mismanagement. Any P5 school, especially at top 5 school like us, should be pulling in 10-12 downlinemen (O&D) every recruiting cycle. The attrition is too high for any responsible/accountable coaching staff not too. Examples of ones that didn't do that Butter/Muschamp.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
It's complete and utter mismanagement. Any P5 school, especially at top 5 school like us, should be pulling in 10-12 downlinemen (O&D) every recruiting cycle. The attrition is too high for any responsible/accountable coaching staff not too. Examples of ones that didn't do that Butter/Muschamp.

And this is a prime example for all the "trust the coaches" dipsh*ts. For everyone that said, "WTF? Why aren't we signing DTs?" well, here it is, right on the field...right in front of our own eyes - recruiting failure on full display as we've given up 59 points in two games, couldn't get off the field in the 4th quarter (in both games), giving up 71% 4th down conversions and 48% 3rd down conversions. But don't worry, 'trust the coaches', nothing to see here. smh

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

And linebackers. If I'm not mistaken this class has zero. ZERO. And when we do get a linebacker they weigh like 185 pounds. How can a coaching staff from ANY school, let alone the flagship university in the most talent rich state in the country, find this in any way acceptable? Who's asking these multi million dollar/year coaches these questions?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
The wins of 2018 and '19 have given Mullen enough equity to be ok regardless of what happens this year. But if things continue defensively, which they're likely to do, he can try to save himself with a DC move in the offseason. Obviously recruiting woes won't be fixed with that, but with a new, competent DC, and if we can pull some inside guys late and/or through the portal, and with some luck injury-wise with who we currently have, we may actually be ok. Lots of moving parts, and as I've said before, this is Mullen's baby at this point, so he'll have to live with the consequences. But there's simply no way he can continue the status quo and be employed at UF beyond '21, '22 the latest. He's literally putting his livelihood in the hands of Grantham, who ironically, is probably the least loyal coordinator in the country. For a story that could be so good, he's allowing the tragic ending to be written right before his eyes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.