***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs UGA***

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
So is the UF game a trap game for UGa this year? Last week they played a tough game at LSU. The week after UF they play at division leading UK. So again that makes UF the trap game.

Of course I had to sneak this in before UK loses to Vandy this week. Further I guess UGa losing to LSU also takes away the trap. But it is amusing that right now that you could make a weak argument that UF is a trap game for UGa.

Bama&GatorFan

Friends in high places
Dec 5, 2015
It would be glorious if the Gators beat Georgia this year. And I know they can do it, after the past few weeks.
I want to see the Gators play the Tide in the SEC championship, just like it is supposed to be.
I hope those boys come into the game all fired up. I'm sure they week be. Georgia will be down after their loss.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It all depends on the firepower of Franks plus the ability of our WRs at getting separation. I'm assuming our RBs will get big chunks.

88drgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Georgia has gained the respect of the Bottom 10

5. Georgia (6-1)

For a month and a half, I've been barked at by Dawgs who said their team wasn't receiving the same attention as Bama, Ohio State, Clemson and Notre Dame, or even Michigan, Texas, Oklahoma and UCF. The LSU game was UGA's chance to finally earn respect for their accomplishments. Well ... hey, going from being ranked second in the nation to being in the Coveted Fifth Spot, that is quite the accomplishment.

Also liked this one, particularly the title :lol::
8. No-braska (0-6)
If the MAC was smart to schedule all of those games and Conference USA was wise enough to book UTEP vs. Rice (Nov. 3) and the American was astute enough to gift the world with UConn vs. Tulsa (also Nov. 3), then why in the wide, wide world of sports couldn't someone at the Big Ten have had the foresight to gift the world with these guys ...

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Bye week checkin on the Game Thread. Jawja still sucks. Carry on gang. Go Gators!

Nomadigator

Veni vidi facepalmi
Lifetime Member
Aug 29, 2018
Gator Country VIP Newsletter – 10/17/18 Edition | GatorCountry.com

Pumping the Brakes on the Puppy Love

In his third season, Smart (sic) has still not been able to get over several humps. Firstly, he has now lost all of his road games against SEC West opponents, going 0-3, with all three of them being complete blowouts: 45-14 to Ole Miss, 40-17 to Auburn, and 36-16 to LSU. They have also been blown out as the #2-ranked team in the country for the second-straight season. On the broader scale, when you throw in the two playoff games last year, Kirby & Co have done a great job of winning games when they get the lead early and don’t face much adversity.

However, when they get punched in the mouth, early or late, Kirby has had no answers and the Dawgs have folded the tent in all but one instance – that being the Oklahoma game last year in the opening round of the playoffs, where Georgia erased a 31-17 halftime deficit to win in double overtime. And that Oklahoma was the biggest pretender to get into the playoffs since the postseason format was rolled out. They lost to a bad Iowa State team that year and their defense was just plain bad all year, giving up an average of over 30 points to Power 5 teams not named Kansas. Against SEC opponents, though, for the last 2.5 years, when Kirby Smart’s Georgia teams have faced adversity, been punched in the mouth, been made to play football outside of all their comfort zones, they have cratered every time.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
(IMO UGa, with Fields, demonstrates that an offense is better with a QB passer than a less passer more DT-QB.)
My hope is that Georgia cannot handle our DLs and LBs rush. We clog run lanes and we gang tackle. It seems a notable & growing characteristic of these Gators is their gang tackling.= everybody wants a piece of the ball carrier.
Hope we can startle them with stuff like Krull's pass back to Frank's, after a good lead is established.
Like to watch us club them with our new S&C weapon - hope that startles them dorgs.
This is the game where Gators and DM can really make a declarative statement. "Grow Gators".
Been too long since I've felt so much excitement and hope for a UF v UGa WLOCP.

ExecutiveGator

Paragraphs are great tools. Use them.
Lifetime Member
Dec 5, 2014
I can’t really explain to you why I hate the Dwags.

I just do. I just feel it in my bones, that deep, unadulterated hate that can never be described accurately and can never be removed or forgotten. f*$k them all.

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Just move here. The week before THE Game is pure hell.

It would make me incredibly happy to knock them off their damned high horse and have our Gators deny them that chance. And in doing so, make them wait another year since 1980, filling them with an incredible amount of bile, bitterness, and angst (as if they don't have enough angst already from losing to LSU)

I also live in Georgia and would love nothing more than it to be another 38 years before they sniff a title.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Joke I cannot forget. Sorry if old. =

Two UGa fans leaning on "Gator Bowl" chainlink fence watching Georgia team burst onto the field. Right there at the 50, center-stage national TV, pooch Ugga stops, contorts to lick his balls.
One Georgia fan says to the other. "Lord, I wish I could do that." His buddy replies "Oh you know that dog would bite you."

Gatorhunter

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Joke I cannot forget. Sorry if old. =

Two UGa fans leaning on "Gator Bowl" chainlink fence watching Georgia team burst onto the field. Right there at the 50, center-stage national TV, pooch Ugga stops, contorts to lick his balls.
One Georgia fan says to the other. "Lord, I wish I could do that." His buddy replies "Oh you know that dog would bite you."

An old Lewis Grizzard joke about bubba and earl.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

I just do. I just feel it in my bones, that deep, unadulterated hate that can never be described accurately and can never be removed or forgotten. f*$k them all.

Exec. Wait...what? You can't explain it. Jaw drops. Maybe you can't explain the depth of the unbridled, gut gnawing, essence of your very being, uncontrollable hate. But surely you can explain the hate. Shakes head. You're better than that Ex.

Last edited:

Nomadigator

Veni vidi facepalmi
Lifetime Member
Aug 29, 2018
Welcome to Good Day, UGA , your one-stop shop for Georgia football news and takes.

The Friday Five, Work Week edition
As Kirby Smart explained earlier this week, there is no off week for Georgia. This is a work week for the Bulldogs. After the LSU game, a lot of players need to have bounce back games, but these five are the ones who could use a strong week to propel themselves to a bigger role in the closing stretch of the season.

Justin Fields, freshman quarterback: A lot of fans want to see Fields get more involved in the offense. Well to do that, he’s going to have to prove he’s capable of handling a larger load in practice. Smart isn’t just going to hand Fields the job because Jake Fromm had a bad game in one of the toughest environments in college football.

Yes, Fields has shown flashes this year when he’s been given the opportunity. But for him to take on a larger role in the Georgia offense, he has to show that he can do it on the practice field before doing it against the No. 11 Florida Gators.

Robert Beal, redshirt freshman linebacker: Lost in all the talk of how poor the Georgia defense was against LSU, was that some young players actually played well. One of those guys is Robert Beal, as the redshirt freshman picked up his first career sack.

As has been well documented, Georgia has struggled to create negative plays on defense. Last season Georgia ranked 23rd in the country in tackles for loss. Through seven games this season, Georgia ranks 115th in the country in tackles for loss. D’Andre Walker can’t do it all by himself and Georgia is going to need other guys to step up. Beal turning into a bigger contributor for Georgia would greatly help in that area.

If the redshirt freshman has a strong week in practice, it leads to a bigger role in the defense, and maybe more negative defensive plays for Georgia.

Channing Tindall, freshman linebacker: Georgia’s inside linebacker play needs to improve. Georgia’s run defense gave up 275 yards against LSU, the second most in the Kirby Smart era.

Tindall isn’t going to be the next Roquan Smith right away, but he would add some much needed speed to the unit. A strong week at practice for Tindall and a week of rest for the banged up Monty Rice could lead to a better performance against Florida for Georgia’s inside linebackers.

Demetris Robertson, redshirt sophomore wide receiver: It’s now or never for the Cal transfer. Too much was probably expected of Robertson given that he was coming off an injury and that he showed up at Georgia just days before the start of fall camp. But if he’s going to be a significant contributor of any kind this season, it starts with having a strong week of practice.

If Robertson can practice well, in his blocking, route running and pass catching, he could see an increased work load against Florida. Up to this point, Georgia really only uses Robertson as a gimmick player. He needs to practice and play more like Riley Ridley if he is going to contribute to Georgia this season.

Jordan Davis, freshman defensive tackle: Davis has been a popular talking point on DawgNation Daily this week. The mammoth defensive tackle has seen his workload increase in recent weeks as Georgia has searched for someone to replace John Atkins from last season.

With the bye week and Georgia focusing more on the fundamentals, this would be an excellent time for Davis to show that he can give something similar to Atkins as a nose tackle. Because like all of the guys mentioned above, if he can prove that he can do it on the practice field, there’s a very good chance that the coaching staff will trust them to do it on Saturday.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
These takeaways from the article give me a reason to think that our OL is going to be central to our winning the game:

As has been well documented, Georgia has struggled to create negative plays on defense. Last season Georgia ranked 23rd in the country in tackles for loss. Through seven games this season, Georgia ranks 115th in the country in tackles for loss.

Georgia’s run defense gave up 275 yards against LSU, the second most in the Kirby Smart era.

Go Gators!

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
giphy.gif

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member

It's genetic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.