Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs USF***

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I would like to see a good game and a blowout. We need that extra time for players to get some reps and rest our starters.

Agreed ETN will break one of those runs. He has been on the verge of it for the last two weeks.

My wife’s cousin asked me my thoughts on the Kentucky game early Saturday. As I said to him, I don’t think we’ll see many blowouts either way with this team. EWU May be the exception. I’m just not sure we have that mindset yet.

I’d love to see it though. We need a boost going into Knoxville.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
With USF...I'd rather develop depth before a blowout.

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
USF is terrible....this will be a good game for 2nd and 3rds to get some reps

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
I never liked the idea of playing strong teams early in the season. Ever. I like how things were for most of Spurrier's tenure: two cupcakes followed by UT, before they can figure out how to not suck as much.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Here you are after you learn it's a sellout:

:shambles:

The seething hatred you have for this staff oozes out in every post.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
Too bad the Gators didn’t play these guys week two.
Big question I have is ARs ability to bounce back. It was obvious his head jumped time against Ky. and their 3 - 4 defense. A defense he’s going to be seeing a lot of until he can hit his open receivers.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Should be a good game for UF to get back on track.

The roller coaster ride continues.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Too bad the Gators didn’t play these guys week two.
Big question I have is ARs ability to bounce back. It was obvious his head jumped time against Ky. and their 3 - 4 defense. A defense he’s going to be seeing a lot of until he can hit his open receivers.
Though I hated it for AR...We (I) grow more through hardships.
We tend to overlook Cousin Eddie did little to help him and it was only his 3rd start...2nd in the SWAMP...FILLED with NFL scouts.
What is disconcerting is I believe (IMO) he was not pulled because Napier did not have a choice. If he does flame out...what then?

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
Though I hated it for AR...We (I) grow more through hardships.
We tend to overlook Cousin Eddie did little to help him and it was only his 3rd start...2nd in the SWAMP...FILLED with NFL scouts.
What is disconcerting is I believe (IMO) he was not pulled because Napier did not have a choice. If he does
You go with the guy that gives you the best chance to win
At some point if AR cant figure it out you give number 2 a shot, hope we dont have to see that

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
You go with the guy that gives you the best chance to win
At some point if AR cant figure it out you give number 2 a shot, hope we dont have to see that

My point...What if a bad AR is better than #2? Our #2 is hurt. Our #4 hasn't grasped the system.

What if #3 is worse?

Swamped Gator

Sep 17, 2014
After digesting the loss for a few days I do have one positive that I keep coming back to. If you showed me AR's box score and only his box score from the game I would've told you that we lost by at least 3 TD's. As bad as AR played we still had an opportunity to send the game to OT late. That is encouraging. If we can get the offense rolling we absolutely have a chance to win every single remaining game on our schedule except UGA.

For the USF game, I want to see us come out and establish the run and get AR going with easy pass plays. AR needs a couple passing TD's to get his confidence rolling before the Vols. We need to jump out to a big lead and develop our depth.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
After digesting the loss for a few days I do have one positive that I keep coming back to. If you showed me AR's box score and only his box score from the game I would've told you that we lost by at least 3 TD's. As bad as AR played we still had an opportunity to send the game to OT late. That is encouraging. If we can get the offense rolling we absolutely have a chance to win every single remaining game on our schedule except UGA.

For the USF game, I want to see us come out and establish the run and get AR going with easy pass plays. AR needs a couple passing TD's to get his confidence rolling before the Vols. We need to jump out to a big lead and develop our depth.

And play a back-up QB...just in case

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator