Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs USF***

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
OR, the sidelines had to reset after the long loss to get the right defense in and the COACH who we pay big bucks to make decisions decided he wanted the right personnel in. Watching TV does not the situation illuminate.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
This is a Butters type or Cousin Eddie type win. Look like shyt in many areas, especially the coaching, but the record looks better than the team actually is. Which lulls the transient fans (meaning scoreboard watchers) to be fooled. I just hope we don;t have to endure 3 years of it like we did with Butters and Cousin Eddie.
Talent is coming...unlike past years.

Mornengswede

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2017
What have they been working on all week? Praying? Nothing fails like prayer. Holding hands and being a family because they already know how to play football? Jebus camp school of football. **** me we’re losing to everybody this year.
Well we couldn’t stop them and we just basically had to pray for USF to beat themselves and they did, so… I stand corrected. Our defense fails worse than prayer.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Happy We Did It GIF

Remember Spurrier would always say after a win like this "GOD smiled on the Gators today"

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
I was going to post my comments on the game. They're pretty negative, I'm not happy with this coaching staff at all. But reading FireFoley, Ironhead, and others, I get the sense that they have been waiting for adversity to pounce on.

I think I'll wait for C2 and Truth. Go Gators!

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Again you miss the point. By scurry I mean mentally. It is about process. It was 2nd down and they had 2 TO's left. After that snap make them use a TO, leaving them with only one TO. My point is that if on 3rd down they somehow make another 1st down, they are left with TWO TO's and a much greater opportunity to go for a TD than a tying FG. I realize it is a macro thought, and not a single play thought. We just differ.

No, I didn’t miss the point, and again, you’re wrong on the details. USF didn’t have 2 timeouts left after 2nd down, they had one TO left. They used their 2nd TO of the half after their first down play. You originally posed the question and said, after the bad snap, ”force them to use theirs or scurry”. You clearly weren’t referring to scurry mentally. Now you’re bringing up what ifs about having more time to go for a TD. You got your facts wrong in your past 2 replies on this issue and you’re grasping at straws.

If we didn‘t call that timeout, why would USF be scrambling on 3rd & 20 from our 34 yard line with 30+ seconds left and one timeout, down by 3 points and within FG range?

Last edited:

MissouriGator

Aug 30, 2014
Remember Spurrier would always say after a win like this "GOD smiled on the Gators today"
NO. Spurrier would have called them out, said that they played like a bunch of losers--which they did. Spurrier only said that after a good win. This was not a good win. USF deserved that one. They completely out coached us and out played us.
And Napier better get his **** together with AR, because that kid is wrecked. And it's only because they're not allowing him to play him--to be himself, and he is not one to be squeezed into a box; if that is their plan, then they might as well put in the back up now and hand AR his transfer papers.
Sorry, but this was just pure pathetic.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
No, I didn’t miss the point, and again, you’re wrong on the details. USF didn’t have 2 timeouts left on 2nd down, they had one TO left. They used their 2nd TO of the half after their first down play. You originally posed the question and said, after the bad snap, ”force them to use theirs or scurry”. You clearly weren’t referring to scurry mentally. Now you’re bringing up what ifs about having more time to go for a TD. You got your facts wrong in your past 2 replies on this issue and you’re grasping at straws.

If we didn‘t call that timeout, why would USF be scrambling on 3rd & 20 from our 34 yard line with 30+ seconds left and one timeout, down by 3 points and within FG range?
The board said they still had 2 TO's. Perhaps it was incorrect. I personally would not have taken a TO regardless because of the loss yardage, but we disagree.

Kcroy420

Jul 27, 2022
There was nothing wrong with doing that. After the bad snap, it was 3rd down for USF with about 38 seconds on the clock. They weren’t in any rush or hurry.

If you want to complain about anything with Billy using that timeout, it’s that he waited until about 7 seconds bled off the clock before he called it. From the Gators‘ point of view, you either use the timeout and commit to playing to win by leaving time for one last drive if USF ties it up, or you let the clock run down before USF attempts the FG and accept going to OT if USF ties the game up.
USF had 1 timeout left, You make them use it. USF was going to let the clock rundown and try the game tying FG. Why call timeout and give them the opportunity to get more yards to make the FG easier? And what in the hell did sling blade see in or offense tonight that would make him think that we could drive the field in 30 seconds to even get into FG range !

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
NO. Spurrier would have called them out, said that they played like a bunch of losers--which they did. Spurrier only said that after a good win. This was not a good win. USF deserved that one. They completely out coached us and out played us.
And Napier better get his **** together with AR, because that kid is wrecked. And it's only because they're not allowing him to play him--to be himself, and he is not one to be squeezed into a box; if that is their plan, then they might as well put in the back up now and hand AR his transfer papers.
Sorry, but this was just pure pathetic.
You obviously didn't watch football under Spurrier, because this is exactly the win he'd have said that. Now he'd been critical of the effort like you said and not been happy, but would've felt fortunate to win.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
The board said they still had 2 TO's. Perhaps it was incorrect. I personally would not have taken a TO regardless because of the loss yardage, but we disagree.

You’ve said multiple times you would have made USF use their timeout after the bad snap. Riddle me this…why would USF need to use a TO after that play?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb