Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
9/17 at 7:30 I believe.

Discuss.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
Yea, as exciting as it was to open with two quality opponents it's OK to be playing a team we should handle in the Swamp. Of course everything is a new experience with this group so we will see if the coaches can reestablish the focus on the details to improve in all aspects of the game.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Expectations tempered. Back to reality of the re-build. Good things can still happen.

Lets get the reps for all the players needed. And most of all some rest for the Starters. Would be nice. But you know USF will throw everything they can. Would love to see them dial in, get a lead, and keep the foot on the gas.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
After Saturday's disappointment, this is a golden opportunity to refine this team in the fires of adversity. Hoping to see CBN develop some mental fortitude in these Gators.

sminings

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2017
They'll probably try and get AR some much needed confidence and run some pretty simple passing plays.

Personally I would like them to try and re-establish the running game first and foremost. All of my non Gator fans were texting me during the Utah and KY games and were wondering why we don't use Etienne more frequently. Both friends thought he reminded them of Emmitt.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Hopefully we can be comfortably ahead by mid 3rd quarter to see a back up QB.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Well the way to do that is get that ground game going first. Air Coryell is probably not the best approach with AR until he gets some reps under his belt
That was , in retrospect, what was surprising about the beginning of the UK game. Throwing it all over the place to begin with. I just knew we would have run more. And then as they creep anticipating the run it opens up the passing game. I think BN believed they would load the box to make AR beat them with his arm so he tried to cross them up by actually passing from the get go. Thank God it is USF this week to fix things and allow AR to gain some confidence.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
Y'all, we're going to crush USF and it won't be close.

BYU put a beat-down on them to start the year and there's no way their lines have magically gotten better from then to now.

Our RBs are going to get 7-8 yards a carry, Etienne will have a 30+ yard TD run, and AR will pass for at least one long 30+ yard TD as well.

Defense showed improvement vs Kentucky and we comfortably hold USF at bay until late in the 2nd half.

The biggest things from this game is developing depth and getting our backups game time. We are pretty thin in a lot of areas, so I want our backup QB, OL, and DL to get plenty of time in the second half. Run up the score if we need to in order to build team confidence going into Knoxville.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I would like to see a good game and a blowout. We need that extra time for players to get some reps and rest our starters.

Agreed ETN will break one of those runs. He has been on the verge of it for the last two weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.