Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs USF***

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
You’ve said multiple times you would have made USF use their timeout after the bad snap. Riddle me this…why would USF need to use a TO after that play?
B/C the clock was at about 40 seconds, it would have been 3rd and long and they had guys all over the place. It would have taken them a good 10 to 15 seconds to get everyone lined up.. They would have been forced to use a TO to regroup. I give you the right to your thoughts, I just would have done things differently given the results.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
If AR is the QB it may be our only other win.
Given we have a mentally inept QB and a coaching staff that has yet to recognize that, I would love to get @cover2's view that we go to a 1940's Single Wing offense given that we have a decent downhill running game. For the younger crowd the Single Wing is a more Power version of today's Wildcat.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Given we have a mentally inept QB and a coaching staff that has yet to recognize that, I would love to get @cover2's view that we go to a 1940's Single Wing offense given that we have a decent downhill running game. For the younger crowd the Single Wing is a more Power version of today's Wildcat.
If you go back to my pre Utah predilections, that's what I recommended. AR is not accurate. We don't have elite WRs. We have three very good to elite running backs with the best OL in years. 9 yards and a cloud of dust is the key.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
B/C the clock was at about 40 seconds, it would have been 3rd and long and they had guys all over the place. It would have taken them a good 10 to 15 seconds to get everyone lined up.. They would have been forced to use a TO to regroup. I give you the right to your thoughts, I just would have done things differently given the results.

With 38-40 seconds on the clock, there was no hurry for them. This scenario was no different than any other play where the offensive player was downed in bounds to cause 3rd down. Offenses get set at the line of scrimmage and get plays off in less than 25 seconds with no problem. There is no scenario under which USF would have burned their last TO in that 3rd down situation if we didn’t stop the clock.

USF would have gotten set at the LOS & run a play in less than 25-30 seconds. Depending on the result of that play, they either call TO if they don’t convert for the 1st down and get their FG unit on the field or, if they converted for tte 1st down, they may have enough time to spike the ball and then take one shot at the end zone before having to burn their TO to make sure they can get a field goal attempt off.

Make no mistake about it though, there is no way they burn their last timeout on 3rd down with 38 seconds left to regroup. They need to save it to stop the clock with time left in regulation to at least get a game tying FG attempt off. You’re entitled to your opinion but you’re wrong on this one any which way you look at it.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Refs did their best to get us the win. We refused.

The universe did all it could to make us win. Still we refused.

At the end, with the missed snap to push them to a loooong FG, then the mishandled snap for the kick, USF tried to get us to win. They left us no time to fk it up and refuse.

This was such a miserable win. I feel worse than dirty.
Exactly. Most of the time I see us getting jobbed by the refs repeatedly to the point where I wonder if I'm just a homer who sees games through orange and blue glasses. But for sure today I saw USF get screwed on several calls, so I think my observations are objective and we really do usually do get jobbed lol.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Also, is there a more overrated player than Gervon Dexter? Dude got his NIL money and has basically quit his stat line tonight was 0 0 0 0 0 0

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
USF had 1 timeout left, You make them use it. USF was going to let the clock rundown and try the game tying FG. Why call timeout and give them the opportunity to get more yards to make the FG easier? And what in the hell did sling blade see in or offense tonight that would make him think that we could drive the field in 30 seconds to even get into FG range !

This was my thinking as well. Anything shy of 2 minutes and we weren’t driving the field. To me, the TO made no sense. I’ve had issues with end of game clock management in two games so far. In both cases it’s worked. That’s it.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Also, is there a more overrated player than Gervon Dexter? Dude got his NIL money and has basically quit his stat line tonight was 0 0 0 0 0 0

At least Cox tried to raise his game by just racing right at the qb every play.

And McClellen is already playing more and looks ok for a young player.

MissouriGator

Aug 30, 2014
You obviously didn't watch football under Spurrier, because this is exactly the win he'd have said that. Now he'd been critical of the effort like you said and not been happy, but would've felt fortunate to win.

I obviously did. Remember the interview with SOS after this game?
Think twice before you call me out mother****er.
I was bleeding Orange and Blue before your daddy ever squirted your ass out.
Spurrier would have pulled AR after the first quarter. And we would have won by three touchdowns.
Then maybe he would have said that "God smiled on the Gators."
But not after that shytshow that we just put out there tonight.
That was inexcusable on EVERY level.
Spurrier would have never tolerated that crap. That's why he was a champion.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
I agree with what others are saying: we have no passing game. The qb and wrs cannot get it done. Run the ball.

Going 80/20 run to pass at the least shortens the game, keeps the weak defense on the field for less time, and tries to utilize our one strength on offense - the ability to pound the rock at times.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Now that NFL scouts have seen the real AR, I wonder if he will go back to the game plan and take what the defense gives you rather than try to "prove" youre an NFL level qb

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016

I obviously did. Remember the interview with SOS after this game?
Think twice before you call me out mother****er.
I was bleeding Orange and Blue before your daddy ever squirted your ass out.
Spurrier would have pulled AR after the first quarter. And we would have won by three touchdowns.
Then maybe he would have said that "God smiled on the Gators."
But not after that shytshow that we just put out there tonight.
That was inexcusable on EVERY level.
Spurrier would have never tolerated that crap. That's why he was a champion.

When the hell did I say he’d have tolerated this game? I said he would’ve acknowledged that we were lucky to win you dumb ass hick. No **** he’d pulled AR, hell he’d done that last week and we’d won that game too.

MissouriGator

Aug 30, 2014
When the hell did I say he’d have tolerated this game? I said he would’ve acknowledged that we were lucky to win you dumb ass hick. No **** he’d pulled AR, hell he’d done that last week and we’d won that game too.
So now I'm a "dumb-ass hick?"
Maybe you should learn to write. You know what a hyphen is, right? Google it, soldier boy.
And by the way, you are what us "dumb ass hicks" call a "cocklick".
Not that I'm interested.
Now go get some sleep. Your old lady has coffee duty tomorrow morning.
I like it strong.
And eggs over-easy. (and yes, that applies.)

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
USF had 1 timeout left, You make them use it. USF was going to let the clock rundown and try the game tying FG. Why call timeout and give them the opportunity to get more yards to make the FG easier? And what in the hell did sling blade see in or offense tonight that would make him think that we could drive the field in 30 seconds to even get into FG range !

Why would USF burn their last timeout on 3rd & 20 from our 34 yard line with 38 seconds left, down by 3 points & within field goal range?

The answer is they wouldn’t. They’d line up and run a 3rd down play with ample time to do so and try to get more yardage for a closer FG. Then, on 4th down (assuming they didn’t get enough yardage for the 1st down), they’d use that last timeout to get their FG unit lined up and they’d attempt a FG.

MissouriGator

Aug 30, 2014
Why would USF burn their last timeout on 3rd & 20 from our 34 yard line with 38 seconds left, down by 3 points & within field goal range?

The answer is they wouldn’t. They’d line up and run a 3rd down play with ample time to do so and try to get more yardage for a closer FG. Then, on 4th down (assuming they didn’t get enough yardage for the 1st down), they’d use that last timeout to get their FG unit lined up and they’d attempt a FG.
Yeah, I don't know a damn thing about football but that makes sense to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.