• Neither

Votes: 30 32.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Can UF do ANYTHING Saturday aginst UT-Martin that will quell the "We Suck"...We're doomed?
Yes.

This is a Felipe Franks game. I'd like to see him look for the receivers more. He has to read the defense quicker and trust what he sees. From a physical standpoint, we should dominate them. But I want to see mental growth. I want to see a team that's motivated by the sloppy play in game 1.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Five Freshman Florida Fans would like to see play against UT Martin

Five Freshman Florida Fans would like to see play against UT Martin

1. DE/OLB Khris Bogle
On National Signing Day, the Florida Gators flipped one of Alabama’s top commits in Khris Bogle. The South Florida native was a huge get for the Gators defense and has already impressed in practice. Bogle has already played this season as he made an appearance on special teams but didn’t record any stats. If Florida doesn’t play down to their competition, Khris Bogle should get a lot of playing time. Jabari Zuniga and Jon Greenard have been terrific for Florida but it would nice for them to get some rest and play some of their younger players. Bogle should be a big part of Florida’s defense in the future and Florida fans are hoping to see him get some action versus UT Martin.

1. OL Ethan White
Freshman offensive line Ethan White has been a fan favorite for Gator Nation. When he came on to campus, White was overweight and many questioned why UF had him in the class. Since he’s arrive don campus, not only has White shed a ton of bad weight but he’s been impressive in practice and is on the second team. A lot of people thought it would take a while for him to slim down but White and Nick Savage have worked hard to get him ready for this season. Seeing Ethan White would be a terrific sight for Florida fans. Not only would White be playing but Florida will likely have a big lead and rest their starting O-Line.

1. CB Kaiir Elam
Another player signed with the Florida Gators on National Signing Day was four-star cornerback Kaiir Elam. The freshman cornerback got some game action against the Miami Hurricanes as a special teamer. Elam was one of the top defensive backs in the 2019 recruiting cycle and picked the Florida Gators over the Georgia Bulldogs. Kaiir Elam is also the nephew of former Florida Gators and first round pick DB Matt Elam. The younger Elam will be a big part of Florida’s defense in the future as C.J. Henderson and Marco Wilson will likely go pro after this season. He’s definitely a player to keep an eye on the rest of the season.

1. TE Keon Zipperer
Lakeland High School has been a pipeline to the University of Florida in the past. In the 2019 recruiting class, Florida signed three Lakeland players including four-star tight end Keon Zipperer. The Under Armour All-American was the second ranked tight end in the country and was a tough get for the Florida Gators. Zipperer signed with the Florida Gators over the Miami Hurricanes and the LSU Tigers. Zipperer is the fourth tight end on Florida’s depth chart behind Kyle Pitts, Lucas Krull and Kemore Gamble. Florida fans would love to see Zipperer get some playing time with the second or third team.

1. OLB Mohamoud Diabate
The last true freshman on the list will be the outside linebacker out of Alabama Mohamoud Diabate. The 6’2” 213 pound outside linebacker one of the top pass rusher in the 2019 recruiting cycle. The Adidas All-American signed with the Florida Gators over the Alabama Crimson Tide, Auburn Tigers and Texas A&M Aggies. Diabate enrolled early at the University of Florida and played very well in the spring game. Florida is loaded with pass rusher so Diabate probably wouldn’t get a ton of playing time as a true freshman but could get some game action against UT Martin. In order for Diabate and the other four games to play, Florida’s offense and defense can’t underestimate UT Martin.

Last edited:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Does Mullen have a Sunday TV show going over Saturday's game ?
When/where?
Mullen should put together a progress film showing how UF-Mullen is developing future stars. It would be a great recruiting ploy, especially if certain freshmen got in and did well -- to be pointed to in the film.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
#41 = Houston
I'm sure it will be dealt with if CDM felt there was any intentional slight on Houston's part. When you get chewed out and you're embarrassed by your silly action(s), you sometimes smile and chuckle off the embarrassment, even though it might seem disrespectful. But hey I'm just a geologist, so I really don't know jack about any of that human nature stuff.
:bart:
That's ok Bart. I don't know jack shytt about rocks OR what goes on in a woman's head. I do however have faith in the human capacity for acting or reacting inappropriately at any given moment.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
I’d like to see Franks get some confidence running this game. His willingness to run vs Miami seemed to be missing, which I get because he hasn’t played live football in 9 months. But, hopefully he uses this game and UK to knock off that rust. This offense runs a LOT better when he is a legit running threat.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I’d like to see Franks get some confidence running this game. His willingness to run vs Miami seemed to be missing, which I get because he hasn’t played live football in 9 months. But, hopefully he uses this game and UK to knock off that rust. This offense runs a LOT better when he is a legit running threat.
That “willing runner” part will be what determines how far this team goes. Him not being a running threat limits the entire offense.

misty17grad

Sep 29, 2018
I hope Felipe has his big boy pants on after last weeks dress down.

I’d be happy seeing a bit of leadership from our QB and a bit of fire moving the offense down the field. Which really isn’t a big ask against an opponent like UTM.

Should be a good opportunity for Trask/EJ to get some touches and prep for later in the season.

I think Gators win big and Herbie eats crow before the Kentucky game.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Wow... lol... I see the chief’s mess had an early Friday “meeting” to discuss “chief’s stuff”...
Your post count today is probably 10x mine, so I'm not sure what your point is, Chatty Cathy.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Your post count today is probably 10x mine, so I'm not sure what your point is, Chatty Cathy.
I’m in grad school. I only go to school on Tuesday and Wednesday. Rest of my week is mine. Ton of reading but lots of time for posting too. Just thought it was a little early in the day for JJ jokes so I figured maybe you’d tipped a couple back :grin:

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I hope Felipe has his big boy pants on after last weeks dress down.

I’d be happy seeing a bit of leadership from our QB and a bit of fire moving the offense down the field. Which really isn’t a big ask against an opponent like UTM.

Should be a good opportunity for Trask/EJ to get some touches and prep for later in the season.

I think Gators win big and Herbie EABD before the Kentucky game.

FIFY

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I’m in grad school. I only go to school on Tuesday and Wednesday. Rest of my week is mine. Ton of reading but lots of time for posting too. Just thought it was a little early in the day for JJ jokes so I figured maybe you’d tipped a couple back :grin:
I must've missed the memo on what time of day the JJ jokes are fair game. If somebody posted that on the bottle labels, I and my fellow Chiefs would be better informed.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Its almost time. Priority one should be establishing a dominant run game on this FCS team to prepare for SEC play. Franks will probably be the same Franks going forward regardless if Mullen lets him rack up 300 yards and 4 passing TDs etc. in this game.

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I have no idea what we are going to see today.

The Gators may light it up and have our 3rd stringers in after the half. Or we could be in a nail biter until the 4th quarter.

I want to see us work on blocking, tackling, throwing, and get the other QB's some playing time so Frank's can run around the perimeter responding to every drunk fool in the stands while looking for a television camera to mug at

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.