***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs UT***

If UF loses to UT, what is your most likely reaction?

• Anger

Votes: 19 26.0%
  • Sadness

Votes: 24 32.9%
  • Apathy

Votes: 30 41.1%

• Total voters

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It wasn't smooth, it wasn't pretty, it wasn't inspiring but it was a win over U-Toothless!!!!

Go you Bad Azz Gators!

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
@AlligatorArmy: Feleipe Franks is 34-for-71 over his last three games with eight TDs. 50-for-95 with 13 TDs on the year.

So just under one in four completions is a TD, just under every eight attempts produces a TD.

Also, many people still think he's awful.

What a weird season he's having.

The two long TD throws were lasers under pressure. I saw about three or four throws that were bad. No INTs.

Franks has improved. Mullen is doing some serious whispering. MSU moves from a loss to toss up in my mind.

But let's see what the numbers look like at the end of October and then November.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Well, just back to the hotel room after the game. Haven't read the thread yet but just wanted to check in and 'gratulate the Gata. We couldn't figure out if the score was the result of us playing very well or Tennessee playing very badly. Mixture of both I suppose. Either way it was awesome to sit amongst the creamsicle masses during that beat down. I almost felt sorry for them.

They were all fired up until we quickly went up 14-0 then they started getting ornery real quick as my fellow Gator sitting in front of me quickly found out. Didn't know the guy but being a fellow Gator we became quick friends along with the little pack of other Gators around us. But this guy was pretty smashed and he was constantly rubbing every good play in the face of the Vols. I warned him and told him two things you never do is argue with a cop in Mexico and you never get too obnoxious in another team's stadium. Specially if it's full of drunk inbreds. Predictably, he quickly attracted the ire of all the Vols around us and soon words were exchangedy, threats were made yada, yada, yada, Last I saw him he was being dragged out of the stadium screaming and protesting to a couple of cops who were no doubt short a few chromosomes..

Anywooooo......It was a great game and atmosphere that was made all the better by the beat down. Go Gators! Beat MSU!

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
I will sign off with this great pearl of a gif, which we could use for the rest of the year:
sXvj4ca

giphy.gif

Go Gators!

Last edited:

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
Just finished watching the game on the DVR. Was my daughters 18th Bday today, so the gator game had to wait. First game in a hostile environment was a smashing success. Yeah Tenn stinks, but we did what we should always do against a bad SEC team on the road. I love a good Saturday night in the fall. On to Cowbell country next week.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
3 wins....53 points, 48 points and 47 points. I don’t give a shyt who we played. When was the last time we were averaging nearly 50 points a win?

148-37 in 3 wins with what has been universally declared the worst roster we’ve had since 0-10-1. Something is happening...,maybe coaching?

Musclepug

never go full retard
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2018
Loved the game and the results. Plenty of room for improvement. Can someone tell me if they heard anything about van jefferson, i feel like im missing something ( no catches) how does he not get any looks?

Musclepug

never go full retard
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2018
Btw i saw a ut thread with score prediction prior to the game and all 5 of those tool writers picked toothless

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
Yes, we have plenty of room for improvement but that was alot larger at the beginning of the year and this team is making that room smaller every week. Keep working Gators....we might surprise some people before the year is over.

Durfish

Feed me!
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
The two long TD throws were lasers under pressure. I saw about three or four throws that were bad. No INTs.

Franks has improved. Mullen is doing some serious whispering. MSU moves from a loss to toss up in my mind.

But let's see what the numbers look like at the end of October and then November.
Agree on the growth, but I can't help thinking that we're close to his performance ceiling.
That said, a number of his incompletions were throws out of bounds when protection broke down and he was pushed out of the pocket to the right. The safe thing to do. Last year he would have kept the ball and lost 5-10 yards running out of bounds.
Much better decision making, at least on the surface (without re-watching film).

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
True, Franks astutely threw a few out of bounds instead of taking a drive--killing loss. So, let's fill in the blank giving FF credit "not managing" to kill a drive.
Still have some "bumper-car" tackle attempts ... wrap and yank ankles.
Townsend 7 punts for 46 yd average. And he allowed a couple to pin UT dangerously inside the ten.
We have zero command of 3rd down makes 1st.
Pierce = 7 carries for 63 yds = 9ypc. Scarlett = 11 carries for 77 yds = 7 ypc.
And of course, Toney a 34 ypc ... on one carry.
McPherson perfect 25 yd FG. IDK, but his kicks seem guided missles.
Gotta admit, I like the rifle-arm of Franks. Also, Franks ran more like a running QB.
Mullen's teachings, his inspiration is developing our guys.
Reese was on the spot all game and his fellow D-members got riled with him out front showing the way.
A defensive identity pride could weld around Reese.

Finally, as this game approached, I began to fear losing. That made me think how awful I'd feel the whole weekend. How the season would be disappointing as to UF's turnaround. But our guys plowed forward to win, even crush them. From that we all get to have a jovial weekend, no sadness over dumper megaphones being sounded like trumpets of "I told y'all." :cool:

Durfish

Feed me!
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
Posted on VolNation. Sound familiar?

"
MAUSERWERKE said:
It’s a disappointing result to this game for sure. I hate to break it to you but desirable and proven head coaching prospects are not lining up to coach at UT. The first step In righting this titanic will require allowing some stability to take hold. Firing our coach every 3 or 4 years is not going to do anything but drag us further down. Plus, the vols beat themselves in the first quarter of this game. Coaches can teach how to carry the ball and protect the ball but the players have to execute. Without the ridiculous first quarter TOs this would probably have been a competitive game. But the offensive line is terrible. Only recruiting can fix it."

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Posted on VolNation. Sound familiar?

"
MAUSERWERKE said:
It’s a disappointing result to this game for sure. I hate to break it to you but desirable and proven head coaching prospects are not lining up to coach at UT. The first step In righting this titanic will require allowing some stability to take hold. Firing our coach every 3 or 4 years is not going to do anything but drag us further down. Plus, the vols beat themselves in the first quarter of this game. Coaches can teach how to carry the ball and protect the ball but the players have to execute. Without the ridiculous first quarter TOs this would probably have been a competitive game. But the offensive line is terrible. Only recruiting can fix it."

Remember how generous Jay Graham was to UF?

But in this game, the turnovers were forced. We took them. It wasn’t Ut just messing up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.